Androidfags will defend this

>androidfags will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nb0GrTdFS8M
grouplens.org/blog/investigating-the-potential-for-miscommunication-using-emoji/
twitter.com/search?q=green bubble&src=typd
businessinsider.com/credit-suisse-estimates-588-million-apple-users-2016-4
money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/
businessinsider.com/android-is-for-poor-people-maps-2014-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>> Not using Signal.

>Failed trolling through trigger

>buying a $300 7" toy with shit battery life to shitpost on 4meme and send epic crying laughter emojis

It depends on person's needs. In my circle of friends, texting and WhatsApp cover 100% of my communication.

Meh. Sorry for turning your shitposting thread into a mature discussion, OP.

Why is iMessage good anyway? None of my friends use it, and I never have either, so I'm confused as to why it's such a desirable app. Possibly because it's the first thing iDiots see, so they use it and make fun of people who can't?

>implying I want to sacrifice my adblock, music, and anime to talk on normie groupchats

>iDiots
>12-year-old detected

I dislike Apple as much as the next guy, but it is HUGE in Murica, and is used quite heavily.

iMessage is good because it is system integrated. it operates over wi-fi/LTE but has seamless fallback to SMS. It does not compress media messages, as read receipts. etc Sure there are messaging platforms out there that do all this and more, but they are not deeply system integrated. Spend a little time using iMessage and you will see why people tend to like it.

>Why is iMessage good anyway?
It isn't.

In fact is was so fucking shit apple had a class action lawsuit filed against them for how shit it was.

That was about Apple being dicks, and not releasing phone numbers from their messaging system when switching away from iOS to Android...The lawsuit wasnt about the quality of the platform operation. Apple also won that lawsuit.

>he thinks I need messaging over internet

So tell me my man, how does it feel having to pay for sms?

It's integration into osx was really nice. It was cool being able to read and send texts on my computer with an apps that didn't feel bulky or obtrusive. I still prefer android, and I'm still looking for an alternative. Theres android IMS services you can use to sync your phones sms texts with imessage, but it's paid. Mighty text only works through browser, and pushbullet doesn't let you sync or view past text messages. It's more of a text message notifier than it is a texting client.

Only Americans still use shitty outdated SMS technology, keep trying

Most people I know use Messenger anyway, regardless of what mobile OS they use.

I am a Pinay tranny (not even trolling), and we use Viber here for everything. It's not "integrated" into the system, but it works seamlessly nonetheless, and is a pleasure to use. You can use it over the regular network, or Wi-Fi. It just werks.

>androidpoors are still communicating using SMS

you can't make this shit up

send a message with whatever app you got and call it a day, why do people care how

if it's green bubbles you need to reconsider if you wanna do any business with anyone whose life decisions is based on green bubbles and if this is a sensible and responsible person

Since when is Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger SMS?

Nice meme

OK dude congrats

>tfw you live in a country where nobody uses iMessage and you're free to choose your phone brand and switch between them without having to lock yourself to one manufacturer because >muh blue bubbles xd
Very good feels.

It's the opposite user, it's americans who are moving away from sms, since most of the plans available there still function on a pay-per-sms model.
Everywhere else you can easily find plans with unlimited sms service. I'm european and I literally don't need anything else other than sms so far.

well you don't with imessage

Mightytext has a Windows app now, and I think Airdroid also has SMS in it

The irony of this is that all incoming messages on iToys are gray no matter the format, only outgoing messages are color coded depending on format, so literally the only green bubble fags are iFags themselves. :^)

Most (poordroid) americans still use SMS

>iFags are so poor the can't afford SMS

you cant make this shit up

Never use imessage even with iphone wielding friends. Why would you? Most communication is better solved via a call and sharing data is easyer with sharelinks to cloudstorage.

And I'm from Europe and only communicate with Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger, anecdotal evidence is fun

SMS is shit though.

Having a messenger that everyone uses and it's able to group chat and share files/vido/picture properly is so much better.

A phone is a communication tool, I'm not american, but If I was I would have an iPhone no matter what. Even if you think Android is superior for 100 different reason, it's not worth using SMS to communicate.

Wew, I didn't know paid sms turn free just from using iMessage

smiley with a carat nose

what is the best messenger app on android?

The fuck are you smoking. Most standard plans in the US come with unlimited texting. Most of the cheap popular plans include limited talking and data, but unlimited text.

>Having a messenger that everyone uses and it's able to group chat and share files/vido/picture properly is so much better.

You mean Whatsapp?

>applefags

youtube.com/watch?v=nb0GrTdFS8M

>can't afford data to use a superior messaging platform
>can't afford an iPhone
>calling me poor

lel

Telegramm/signal

/thread

Whichever most of your friends use. It might not be the "best", but it is the most useful one.

>Still looking like a pleb by using non-iOS

>In America, most of the plans are pay-per-sms
No they arent, and havent been for several years.
The only plans that are not unlimited are the ultra-cheap by the minute refill card plans. Even cheap MVNOs have unlimited SMS

>Whatsapp
>everyone uses
Not in america

i know what imessage is but i dont get why it matters, its just another messaging application

Spotted the iPeasant.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys?

>not using the default app for texting and telegram for the rest

FUCK OFF and suck some dicks ifags

preferably mine because im gay

And you still can't afford that? Holy shit poordroidfags are poorer than I thought

Meanwhile in the real world and not Tumblr it's iOS that's being misrepresented the most

grouplens.org/blog/investigating-the-potential-for-miscommunication-using-emoji/

This, the lack of unlimited SMS was a thing in Latin America, and it isn't even a thing there anymore

Android fag here. I wont deny that i absolutely despise googles apps and forced accounts.

See

>forced accounts
Nobody is forcing you to do anything, you weakling.

Even if you do have unlimited texting there's no reason to use SMS over data based texting since data based apps have a shitload more features and it's a unified and cross platform solution. Why the fuck would I use SMS when I can use Facebook Messenger from all my computers and devices synched seamlessly?

>androidfags will defend using a legacy communication standard limited to a few characters when superior internet-based messaging platforms exist

What's next? Morse code? lel

I get that this is an american-exclusive problem since the rest of the planet is using Whatsapp but holy fuck how can you fags still be using this? I can't imagine living without my group-chats anymore. That shit is so useful.

Stop being autistic, just get an iPhone already. That's what phones are for. If you want to kill time ricing and doing other autistic shit just get an Android tablet.

I don't use iMessage because I don't send anything that can't be sent with SMS, my SMS plan is free, and nobody I know has an iPhone anyway except one guy who got it for a cent as an upgrade from his old LG Shine. He literally only uses it for talk, text and Pandora.

iMessage is retarded, and I have an Apple device.

Signing into to Apple should never be required to view the fucking messages.

It's fine to use a specific messenger, if you only talk to people in your village, but every part of the world has their preferences when it comes to a messenger app of choice.

Once you start traveling, you'd realize that an e-mail, as archaic as it is, is once of the most used forms of global communication.

You're aware that group chats are not iOS exclusive, right? And if your friends sperg out because you use an Android then why the fuck would you even want to have them as your friends?

I use the same messenger that ISIS uses, Telegram. It's nice and runs on Windows.

I don't get why people like imessage so much other than it's the default message application for ios, and you cant change it.
hangouts works just fine on my iphone, and it has the up side of being cross platform so I can use it anywhere. The only downside is that you can't send sms from it, but that's more of a limitation of ios than of hangouts.

>You're aware that group chats are not iOS exclusive, right?
Of course, but SMS can't.

>And if your friends sperg out because you use an Android then why the fuck would you even want to have them as your friends?

But if everyone is using iMessage why would you choose to make your life harder on purpose?

>Of course, but SMS can't.

...yes it can? What century are you from?

>But if everyone is using iMessage why would you choose to make your life harder on purpose?

Again, why would I be friends with retards who refuses to communicate with me based on what phone I use?

>Picks the worst emoji no one uses on iPhone

Its no wonder why people feel ill when seeing non-iOS emojis. Look at their reaction when they see the difference of video quality on snapchat too

Wow, you're telling me iPhone users are shallow retards who only cares about aesthetics? I could've never guessed!

>...yes it can? What century are you from?
Its shit m8. Doesn't even compare.

>Again, why would I be friends with retards who refuses to communicate with me based on what phone I use?

What? Why are they retards? They use iMessage because other people use it too. You are the one choosing not to use it. They don't have a choice.

Almost everyone uses Facebook's messenger

>iPhone users are shallow retards who only cares about aesthetics

>I never left the state of Iowa

You should get out of your secluded basement, friendo.

>Why are they retards?
You can't see why literally refusing to talk to people because they don't own an iPhone is retarded? Read for yourself

twitter.com/search?q=green bubble&src=typd

>You are the one choosing not to use it.
I'm not American, the average IQ is above 70 where I live. Everybody I talk to use Facebook Messenger aside from my parents who use Whatsapp and most of the people I talk to use iPhones.

>They don't have a choice.
Yeah, aside from Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Kik, Signal, Telegram, Hangouts, Line, Viber, really no choice at all...

You're the one who said it, friendo, not me

Maybe in the ghetto...but I've met not a single non poor fuck who used an iPhone. Save the elderly of course.

iMessage is nice if everyone you talk to also has iMessage, which is an unreasonable thing to expect.
You can send sms from google hangouts if you have a google voice number.

yes, iphone users are stupid android users are mature and smart. Keep believing that my child, a phone choice is what defines people.

Prove him wrong anyway.

businessinsider.com/credit-suisse-estimates-588-million-apple-users-2016-4

>Apple users are significantly richer than non-Apple users according to Credit Suisse.

>a phone choice is what defines people.
Sure looks like it to me

money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/

>A new study conducted by online advertising network found that states with more college graduates tend to also have higher iPhone sales.

Yes. That proves it for sure. You are clearly very smart. Well done.

Group sms is shit though. (on all apps I have used)
You send to a group, a new converstation is started, (one where you see a copy of all messages you sent to the group)
some apps are smart enough to only show 1 copy of the message, while the majority shows 1 copy for each recipicant.
When the people reply, you get a message from each person, rather than the messages in the same thread.
This is mainly because the sms protocol does not have meta information like if it is a reply or a new message etc.

When people receive the message, they cannot see who else got the message, what they replied etc.

Now all this does not bother me, because I will use email for those things and sms for one on one communication.

The few people who are willing to spend 10 minutes setting up something else also have a public key, so I can just encrypt my emails to them.

businessinsider.com/android-is-for-poor-people-maps-2014-4

>These maps showing the locations of 280 million individual posts on Twitter shows a depressing divide in America: Tweets coming from Manhattan(Rich) tend to skew in favor of iPhones. Tweets coming from Newark, N.J.(Poor), index more heavily from Android phones.

The extremely old and tech non savy typically are dipshit

Rich people are smarter and more educated therefore they know more about technology than poor people.

Wow, are you telling us that, while iPhone first price is 700$, some Android brands sell products that costs 200$ or below ?

Who would have guessed

>mom, mom's boyfriend, I posted it again!

Then feel free to explain how phone choice doesn't define these people

I actually quite like this phenomenon. It sort of serves as a warning for whom not to date. Thanks based Apple!

Sure. But some androidplebs simply live in denial and refuse to admit that iPhone users are richer than Android users.

>niggers

alrighty then

This board is so shit, holy fuck, all you normies arguing around messenger apps

Hardly...mostly just the old. Programmers aren't that fucking wealthy dumbass. Being rich does not equal tech savvy. Usually the opposite.

>niggers

You are the one that has to prove it does, my child.

>mostly just the old
>Being rich does not equal tech savvy. Usually the opposite
Got any proof?

Fairly sure that only wanting to date people with iPhones counts as phone choice defining you as a person, are you going to claim that it doesn't?

But I literally don't need iMessage.
I've got the stock messenger for texting people like my nan and I've got whatsapp to message my partner.
So long as it works, where's the issue?

Link to the thread that you have created, which covers an important topic. Oh, I see... you've made zero contribution.

Americans*

>Calling this thread a contribution
You make me sick, you cancerous faggot

Ypure an idiot you realize this right? Entrepreneur and business do not have shit to do with tech.

But I'm sure you know of a so how tech degree that out earns a MBA or med degree right? No doubt that 50k a year network manager makes far more than a law student.

You're being willfully ignorant. The vast majority of tech degree jobs will BARELY cover a middle class income...at best. Which is the income level android dominates at.

But no I'm sure you're right...pajeet and his barely making it programmer buds are filthy rich...that's exactly it...tech support is all fucking loaded. Dumbass.