/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>ZenFone 3 review: Zen and the art of great midrange phones
androidpolice.com/2016/07/17/zenfone-3-review-asus-definitely-upped-game/

>Motorola Moto X (2016) appears on GFXBench with 5.5-inch display, SD-820 chip and dual rear cameras?
phonearena.com/news/Motorola-Moto-X-2016-appears-on-GFXBench-with-5.5-inch-display-SD-820-chip-and-dual-rear-cameras_id83243

>LG X mach and X max showcased in official promo videos
phonearena.com/news/LG-X-mach-and-X-max-showcased-in-official-promo-videos_id83250

>Zauba listing confirms an iris scanner is on board the Samsung Galaxy Note 7?
phonearena.com/news/Zauba-listing-confirms-an-iris-scanner-is-on-board-the-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7_id83244

>Apple iPhone 7 is seen side-by-side with Apple iPhone 6s in new video?
phonearena.com/news/Apple-iPhone-7-is-seen-side-by-side-with-Apple-iPhone-6s-in-new-video_id83246

>Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) review
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j3_2016-review-1464.php

>Galaxy S7 vs. OnePlus 3 Speed Test
youtube.com/watch?v=9AY5tRg1Wo8

Other urls found in this thread:

en.miui.com/thread-111957-1-1.html
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro
amazon.com/Cutter-Aerb-Standard-iPhone-Adapters/dp/B009P16FKY
aftvnews.com/how-to-disable-lock-screen-ads-on-amazons-subsidized-blu-r1-hd-moto-g-smartphones/
android.wonderhowto.com/how-to/remove-amazons-lock-screen-ads-from-blu-r1-hd-moto-g4-without-rooting-0172082/
amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-Exclusive-Lockscreen/dp/B01EZC9WC0
knowyourmobile.com/mobile-phones/oneplus-x/23641/oneplus-ceo-confirms-no-oneplus-x-successor
bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1194572&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2ay8BRC7sYequMydsq0BEiQAbEX9UCPyjwdwmjxtD8QY6g7eKCRTnjwWa9kImX-ardDkyBsaAoTj8P8HAQ&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876,92051677442,&Q=&A=details
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what is the most realiable place to buy a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro? ali, gearbest banggood? does it matter?

All around best phone 200 euros (dollars) or less, not larger than around 5 inches. Bonus if it has a decent camera

Asked in the last thread

Anyone with a Redmi Note 3 Pro and have Verizon as a carrier?

Any issues with it?

And if there are issues, are there any big phone alternatives? I'm looking for a big phone.

Have a big booty.

I have an old standard sim card I got in 2002.
The chip on it is a bit bigger than those on newer sim cards. Could cutting it to micro size still work?

Yeah, I have the note 3 pro on verizon.

Basically, 4G rarely works. I think that only certain towers broadcast the frequency that the phone can use. I've set it to 3G only mode and I am very happy with it, however. It's a great phone for the price.

Cool, thanks.

I'll add it on my potential buy list. Still shopping around.

Did you have any difficulty getting them to activate it or was it smooth process?

Can I get a review from one of you Sup Forumsents on the OP3? Especially when it comes to issues and annoyances, and if you had experience with the warranty service in Europe.

Also how long did the shipping take for you?

Moto G4 Play

I have cut mini to micro and mini to nano and micro to nano.
all of the electronics are way inside the center of the contacts. the plastic around the contacts is just plastic.
here is a picture of a similar smart card chip inside my transparent credit card.

just cut it carefully, don't cut too much off and make sure you don't end up with sharp corners, they can get snagged on the insides of sim card holders.

Galaxy S3 owner here, looking to finally upgrade.

After some research I decided on the non-edge S7 with Exynos. The only thing that bothers me is the non-removable battery. I hate getting jewed every 2 years for incremental upgrades, so I expect this thing to last me 4 years.
Will the battery be usable for that time?

From my experience with the S3, I had to replace the battery after 2 years of usage.

no trouble at all, just took my old 4g sim from my galaxy s3 and plugged it in.

opinions on the wileyfox swift? looking for a new phone after lg g4 started boot looping

what does Sup Forums thinks about oneplus 2?

I have the OP3 and I love it.
Fastest phone Ive used (coming from a Note 5 that I sold to a friend because it got too slow over time), camera is on par with some high end ones, and the screen is not as bad as some people make it out to be. Yeah its 1080p and on the warmer side of color but I get on average an hour more screen time than my Note 5 did. And the charging time is literally the best.

you'll be fine goy, you'll be fine.

I tried to install some ROM from here en.miui.com/thread-111957-1-1.html but it threw an error during update (in chinese) and now my phone (Xiaomi HM 1SW) only boots into MI-Recovery 2.0.1

What do I do? Another problem is that I can't connect my phone to USB cause that thing at the bottom doesn't work anymore (I use an external battery charger for keeping the battery working) so I can't just connect it to the phone and install something or stuff.

Delivery was actually really fast, if not for the fact that my OP3 for some reason got sent to another country after arriving at mine, it would've taken only 2 days. Their EU warehouses are in Poland, so if you're close to it you'll most likely get it the week you order it.

That's the Moto G, I was discussing the Blu R1 HD which uses a mediatek chip

Using a 3rd party lockscreen merely hides the ads, I'm trying to figure out how much data the ads pull because a good ROM might be hard to come by with the mediatek chip

What has the best hardware that is closest to the vanilla Android experience on Verizon? I don't care if I have to instal a ROM.

I just want an S7 that doesn't have Touchjizz :(

coming from a Xperia SP, i want something along this lines

>$300
>expandable storage
>good camera
>good community support
>able to resist a couple of hits and drops

is the Xperia Z3 + case a good choice?

Ive already decided to upgrade to an lg g5 from an lg leon, ask me whatever you want.

I need a decent tablet for my aunt. Help!

ZTE Axon 7 or One Plus 3 ?

UK

Who's better with software updates? I dont wanna be abandoned instantly.

thanks, I'll search for some more guides and give it a shot once my new phone arrives.

that isnt an upgrade user

haha

>good camera
find something that shoots raw.
like lg g4, oneplus 3 or htc.

nexus 9

>zte
you'll probably be abandoned instantly, the oneplus have updates.

the s7 doesn't shoot raw?

What I wanted:
>OLED screen
>removable battery
>newest version of android
>under 300 €
Samsung Galaxy S5 (neo) is the only option that came up.
It seems I'm really asking for too much here.

Can you actually see the pentile display, if so, from what distance and how's the battery life regarding real life usage.
Please describe your day to day usage and where your battery takes you.
Also, how's the audio via 3.5? GSMarena review is rather critically with all the crosstalk and such.

Got an old Galaxy S3 I am trying to replace. Wanted chink phone, but T-mobile does not support their bands. Any other recommendations?

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro

Cheapest shop on Ali. ask them to flash the global room.

amazon.com/Cutter-Aerb-Standard-iPhone-Adapters/dp/B009P16FKY

>Redmi 1S
This phone is literally a billion years old. get a new phone ffs.

aftvnews.com/how-to-disable-lock-screen-ads-on-amazons-subsidized-blu-r1-hd-moto-g-smartphones/

android.wonderhowto.com/how-to/remove-amazons-lock-screen-ads-from-blu-r1-hd-moto-g4-without-rooting-0172082/

HTC 10.

Telcast X80.

When will windowshitphone finally take over the market? I need to replace my desire hd and both iphone and all the android stuff are shit desu.

>HTC 10.

Over a 6p?

Is the 6Gb of ram a meme or does it actually make a difference? I saw several videos on youtube and there are conflicting reports. Also for some reason even on absurdly powerful hardware, Android still gets demolished by iOS in terms of memory management and load times.

wait and see what the new Nexus offers. Snapdragon 821 was just released, and all new releases will be using the chip now

ZTE doesn't have a great record with official updates. Apparently they have said that they would allow unlocking the bootloader at some point, but >trusting chinks

Moto Z will be as close as you can get to stock android on a snapdragon 820 until the new Nexus devices are released. HTC's skin isn't close to stock android.

Oh cool, I didn't know the Z had an 820. I bought a Moto G4 the other day but haven't taken it out of the box yet. Just looking for an alternative to my iPhone 6s right now.

My android phone runs 4.2, I would like to upgrade to 4.4 via my PC.

Any good guides out there so I don't fuck it up?

How good are battery packs for the s6?
I'm currently using the s2, and was wondering how the s6 compares, battery wise.

is the Wileyfox swift a meme?

i'm low on budget ~150
would a second handed nexus 5 a bad buy because posible incoming smartphones that will change the game?

>Over a 6p?
Yes. 6P is an oversized SD Housefire crap.

Sense IS close to stock android, compared to touchsizz, MiUi and the likes

>Moto Z
>No headphone jack
dropped.

There hasn't been a decent Nexus since the Nexus 5.

And the pricing have gone up the roof too, atleast here in Europe.

>would a second handed nexus 5 a bad buy
Yes. $150 gets you the Moto G4.

Asking again since no one replied last thread

For both R3P and RN3P, how is:
-The loudspeakers, both in quality and volume
-The antenna/signal reception (wifi included) (independent of carrier)?

Thanks

just wait for a battery expansion mod with a headphone jack

Does the OnePlus 3 have full manual (Camera2API) support? Or just RAW?

phones are too big

Guys what is the best smartphone for 150-250$ ?

Pic related. My (32gb internal + 128gb micro sdxc) red leather Moto x Pure. I love this phone. (My backup phone is a Moto G 3rd generation, bit in a bit) I have a bumper on it now the pic is just old.

? It costs 410 dollars Canadian for a moto g4 plus.

Moto G 3

I think hes referring to the regular model (not the plus) from amazon with ads on the lock-screen.

working during the holiday to buy a new phone and pc. according to my plans all the money from the job will go into the pc and then i have around 250€ left for the phone. a friend recommended the OnePlus X ... what do you think ?

see

bump

HOLY SHIT!!!

Correct.
amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-Exclusive-Lockscreen/dp/B01EZC9WC0

>OnePlus X
>250€
Just.. no.

S2 owner here. You can get some more life out of that bad boy yet.

Got mine in three days. China to USA. Shipped DHL though and didn't arrive at my place until like 7:30 PM.

So far, great phone. Coming from a Nexus 5x it's a lot faster/smoother. Feels like stock Android, and the build quality it nice. No hiccups so far.

Battery life has been way better than my 5x.

That is a good deal, I think you can disable the ads too or just install a custom rom.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!

I wanna buy a new Xiaomi. Are my options just Redmi 3 and Redmi Note 3? How do I pick between them?

w-whats wrong about that ? i dunno much about smartphones but its only 239€ and other people i know said oneplus is a good company so... I DUNNO IM ASKING YOU GUYS

Fuck knows. What are your requirments?

HOLY FUCK WHAT HAVE I DONE

>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Read the fucking OP.

Do you want a big or small phone
Small:R3
Big: RN3

It's an old phone with a shit battery and it's deprecated. it's definitely not worth 240€.

oneplus 3 £329
lg g4 £280
wileyfox swift £100

whats your pick

My requirement are:
The display must be at least 5-inch Full HD
The operating system must be at least Android 5.0
Excellent performance and a long-lasting battery

Honestly it still does everything I need, its just such a pain in the ass to use, lagging so bad. Also no LTE, so looking shit up on the web takes ages.
What I'm fearing the most is that two years after spending $600 on the S7 the lags will be back and on top of that the battery will barely last half a day and can't be replaced.

new thread repost
That even worse dude, exynos=no custom roms.

Galaxy line has never recovered after the dog shit that is the s6.

1+3

well you have any other phone thats better ? ive seen the honor 6 but i dont know if its for 250

RN3P if you are in the EU.

BUMP PLS!

Can you be even more generic? at least set a budget.

Turn off fast charge and keep it topped up every night and the battery will easily last 3-4 years.
Exynos version is vastly superior. If you're really gay for flashing Pajeet ROMs on your phone there are plenty of stock based ROMs and CM is booting now. At least it's possible unlike the locked down snapdragon model.

200 maximum $ 250

OK I need help, my nexus 5X has a crack in it and I don't feel like getting it replaced, I found a Nexus 6 in good condition for 179$ but I also found a Nexus 6p for 370$, I have 420$ to spend, which would you choose?

im in germany yes. the specs look great but can it be really that cheap and from china ?
oneplus is chink too i know but ive seen their phones and they are working perfectly for most of my friends but i actually never heard of Xiaomi.

Moto G4 Plus.

>420$
OP3.

Xiaomi is the 3rd biggest chinkphone company after Lenovo and Huaweri IIRC.
Oneplus is just marketing brand from Chinese company Oppo.

Plenty of people bought this model and it's accepted as the best price/performance right now.
If you want OP so much at least get the OP2. OPX is too old and won't get any updates.

knowyourmobile.com/mobile-phones/oneplus-x/23641/oneplus-ceo-confirms-no-oneplus-x-successor

nexus 6

Moto G4 Plus? What do you think about Nexus 5X and LG G3?

6p has bigger screen and cost 30$ less and includes stock plus I asked which you would choose between the two

>Nexus 5X
Better but it's $299 at best.

> LG G3
Horrible outdated crap with a shit battery.

Its 269 right now dude

>like them so much
its just the only company whose smartphones ive seen in action besides samsung,apple,htc etc...

actually thought of buying the Oppo F1 Plus before tho

but thanks for your help im gonna see how much money i can keep from the job so ill either go with the OP2 or the RN3P now

Link?

you said if im in the EU before... where can i buy it tho ? only saw some amazon links

bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1194572&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2ay8BRC7sYequMydsq0BEiQAbEX9UCPyjwdwmjxtD8QY6g7eKCRTnjwWa9kImX-ardDkyBsaAoTj8P8HAQ&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876,92051677442,&Q=&A=details

>>removable battery
>neo
lol

Fuck, why can't Oneplus follow the trend and bring a 5,2'' phone out?

And combined with a 3500mAh battery, it would have been a beast.

But instead they sticked with a huge phone and even cut down the battery.