Is there anywhere I can buy a LCD TV or monitor that has the look of a CRT? I hate the look of flat screens so much

Is there anywhere I can buy a LCD TV or monitor that has the look of a CRT? I hate the look of flat screens so much

CRT appreciation thread i guess

Shove that big , chunky CRT up yo tight anus you nostalgic tard/moron.

You'll get it nice and deep, you have those skinny hands that can reach places............

Flat screens look like cheap chinese crap compared to CRT's

Why the fuck do you want a piece of technology that's objectively worse than modern monitors? You nostalgic yards are a special kind of retard.

If you can find one for 5 bucks then go for it, otherwise don't.

I subjectively view the CRT as superior, I like the boxy aesthetic more than the flat

CRT is a much better technology than LCD.

1) Perfect black levels
2) Flawless off-axis viewing
3) Much faster refresh rate than LCD
4) Warmer, more natural image (thanks to scan lines and small granules)
5) Far longer life-span
6) Not subject to manufacture problems such as dead-pixels
7) Good range of compatibility with lower or non-standard resolutions without blurring

Given ultimate space and money the world's best CRT could easily crush the world's best LCD. So tell me Sup Forums, why do you like your inferior screens that companies such as Samsung have brainwashed you to think is better than what already existed? The only cost-savings are on their end.

And the funny thing is you guys keep buying this crappy LCD technology and giving away your free CRTs on Craigslist. A fool and his dollar are soon parted I guess.

And before you start yapping about IPS panels:
Enjoy your slow G2G response to switch pixels already, not to mention that hidden input and scalar lag. Luckily, CRT has no such bullshit.

The only semi-legitimate point I've heard against CRTs regards weight, but you don't bitch about the weight of a prospective couch while furniture shopping, do you? Didn't think so.

Let's not forget
>weighs upwards of 20 pounds
>takes up obscene amounts of space
>better image not much of an improvement over using a decent LCD

It's dead technology, stop clinging to the past.

- CRT's consume more power
+ some can be placed without the use of a stand, whereas LCD's need a stand

focus ring misalignment
fly back transformer wine
high tension lead coupling failure
shadow mask gauss coil magnetism
non symmetric tube corners

all 66 pounds and 2 foot square of it ?

good luck getting stuck with 17" tubes as that's the most common size 19" to 23" are unicorns
not to mention the pathetic resolution and dot pitch they have
also that the horizontal refresh rate is unique to each tube due to manufacturing tolerances

Whats with this retarded twchnologyhipster faggotry on this autistic board

>boohoo phones r too big
>boohoo phones r too smart
>boohoo crt so good
>boohoo popular things like laptops, iphones, windows suxxx :'(

Fucking pathetic

phones are too big, or my hands are too small. either way i'm not 'upgrading' from my 3.5" iphone 4s - it can actually be operated with one hand.

>Perfect black levels
If you really cared about perfect black levels you could get an OLED monitor which rivals CRT.
>Flawless off-axis viewing
This is largely dependent on the monitor you get.
> Much faster refresh rate than LCD
Just not true. You can get up to 144hz with a modern monitor, and you can overclock monitors as well.
>Warmer, more natural image
Purely subjective, irrelevant.
>Far longer life-span
Okay, that's actually a good point. My CRT TV lasted me like 15 years. I don't see why a properly taken care of TV won't last though. I've had the same flat screen for 9 years.
>Not subject to manufacture problems such as dead-pixels
Maybe not, but burn-in and screen flicker are still big issues for CRT's.
>Good range of compatibility with lower or non-standard resolutions without blurring
Never had this issue with LCD.

>takes up obscene amounts of space
In my situation, the shape of a CRT is actually preferable. I wouldn't be able to fit an LCD, or at least any LCD on par with my CRT, in the space that I use it in because any LCDs worth a damn are widescreen and the CRT is 5:4. I have plenty of depth available, just not a lot of width.

>weighs upwards of 20 pounds
This is a matter of preference, too. Which is really more likely: that you're going to need to move your monitor around regularly enough that the weight is a problem for your twig arms (but also not enough that you won't get used to it), or that various forces are going to attempt to knock your monitor over unintentionally? An LCD will topple over and break with the slightest force, but a CRT stands tall and proud. If it does fall, the only thing that gets broken will be whatever it lands on.

>better image not much of an improvement over using a decent LCD
This isn't really a convincing argument to switch to an LCD. You also can't perfectly replace a CRT with an LCD, not without making some compromise. You can't get good viewing angles, accurate colors, high refresh rate, and zero input delay all in one LCD, or at least not without spending extreme amounts of money on such a fragile object. If this does exist, please show me, because I really am not that attached to my CRT, there's just nothing I can properly replace it with.

>1 Perfect black levels
pointless with shiny glass
what kind of cave you need live in ?

>2 Flawless off-axis viewing
the surface of the screen is a fish bowl any off axis gets distorted
this is also true of so called flat CRT

>3 Much faster refresh rate than LCD
incorrect
you did not count blanking time and re aiming time
it is in many ways slower

>4 Warmer, more natural image (thanks to scan lines and small granules)
oh hell no not this shit you'll be the same guy claiming more than 23 fps is not cinematic (this some baby duck level here)
moire is still a thing on CRT also and the dot pitch is not so fine as you make out

your only complaint is that accurate displays are not natural
and speaking of natural your barking up the wrong tree
name me a color monitor that uses cymk till

>5 Far longer life-span
as much as the power supply for the ballast tubes in old LCD's fail so too does high tension system on CRT's
but the trump card here is that current gen LCD's use led back lights
and CRT's are much more susceptible to dust moisture and magnetism

>6 Not subject to manufacture problems
AHAHAHAHAHA UFUCKING VOW wtf lmao seriously the ignorance is palpable
the people most fond of CRT's know nothing about them

>7 Good range of compatibility with lower or non-standard resolutions without blurring
wrong again
what your seeing is just sub pixels in the gost mask
nothing specal about that

>Given ultimate space and money the world's best CRT could easily crush the world's best LCD
the only thing a CRT can crush is the table it's sitting on
but you would not know that as you have most likely never had four 24" CRT's in the same place

>Luckily, CRT has no such bullshit.
>HE DOES NOT KNOW ???

>you don't bitch about the weight of a prospective couch while furniture shopping
and your not going to buy a 40 inch CRT any time soon
there is also the difference that a couch holds 4 to 5 people and still weighs less per volume
a CRT is just taking all your desk space

I am an idiot

I tried to polish out a very small scratch on a CRT flat-screen with Anti-glare coating, yes I know :(

As you can see the coating went off a bit as you can see were the scratches are i

Now I have 2 options, first deal with it or pull the coating off, which I really dont want to cause I like the black tint it gives the monitor and the reflection of light that becomes nice and purple.

I was thinking that I could replace or imitate the coating, I just need to know what is made out off and for spreading it on the CRT, its a flatscreen right? ,so I just cut a thin piece of glass to the monitor size and tint it and whatever do to replicate the AG coating and mount it on the CRT

As for the brightness and stuff i can test on other monitor the original counting to get an idea how it should be to quire the same results as with the original coating

would this work ??

Or I just reapply the A-G coating on the thin piece of glass or a shop does that, but I need to know exactly how its made and what is used

m8 your fucked that shits baked on
if you really want to ruin it use isopropyl alcohol

If I remove the front bezel and use a axto knife I can pull off the thin film layer using a bit of heat from a hair dryer, but thats the easy part, the harder part is getting the AG coating and re-coating it with use of centrifugal force

I looked at some glasses that they're making these days and looked at the sun reflection on them and they had that same purple effect so the have AG coating on them but not as much as the monitor so getting the coating is hard but not impossible

or I could just peel it off and leave it , but the screen wouldn't be as dark as it is when turned off also some say it affect the quality and that the brightness is much higher but turning it down solves the problem and also you get better colors and sharpness if AG coating is removed, I checked a lot of forums on this topic

no its not, google it, the fw900 has the same thin layer of film as my 22"

or I could just peel it off and leave it , but the screen wouldn't be as dark as it is when turned off also some say it affect the quality and that the brightness is much higher but turning it down solves the problem and also you get better colors and sharpness if AG coating is removed, I checked a lot of forums on this topic

Well they did make flat tubed CRTs I still have an old 00s era tv that is like this

you mean rear projection ?
or just that the outer surface of the screen is somewhat flat
because the inside edge is still a deep curve

Well the picture on this at the time I thought was nicer than a typical crt, the screen is flat. It's a normal tv otherwise.

it is only the newest crt tv that are like that and only a few monitors

most of them still have a small curve on the outside surface
the good part is that the corners of the screen are a little more clearly defined this helps when adjusting x and y

the downside to them is often they are more difficult to clean and even more front heavy than older styles while also being more fragile further back from the front ?

>CRT is 5:4
More likely 4:3

Well, whatever. It's not widescreen and any LCD that could match it is, so I can't replace it.

15" tubes are 4:3
17" tubes are 5:4