Thermal paste

What's the best thermal paste? Does the cheap shit do as good of a job as the expensive stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk
youtube.com/watch?v=jWF3Z5rubuI
youtube.com/watch?v=lE5MpxToTtA
skinneelabs.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The best bang for your buck thermal paste is mayonnaise.

I'm not even joking.

Could I use miracle whip?

Hes really not joking, mayo is the best price/performance stuff.

While there actually is merit to what said, get some fucking Arctic Silver 5 from Newegg, it's only like $10 CAD so it's even cheaper in American dollars.

>using the thermal jew

Thermodynamics is just a convoluted lie perpetrated by the jewish cooling industry, don't fall for it OP.

the MSI way, of course
youtube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk
youtube.com/watch?v=jWF3Z5rubuI
youtube.com/watch?v=lE5MpxToTtA

Arctic Cooling MX-4 is pretty good for it's price. I used it on my 3 years old laptop and got lower temperatures even by 12 degrees. The fact that I cleaned it for the first time might have something to do with it.

When I replaced my thermal paste in my PC however the results were not as big. The GPU only runs about 7 degrees cooler while the CPU runs only 4 degrees cooler(stock cooler).

Should I put the thermal paste inside a hamburger then?

>cream cheese 37C

99% of thermal paste advice is myth, OP

I've never reapplied thermal past in my entire life...even after removing the heatsink and putting it back on.

but obviously, it needs to be kinda fresh

Don't. I fell for this horrible meme, and it corroded my cooler and the top of my processor. Use proper thermal paste.

Expensive stuff is not super expensive and if you are putting large amounts that there would be a difference between brands you are applying it wrong. Just use that comes with the cooler.

You actually did this? It's full of vinegar you tard

What might work is a oil-water-eggwhite mixture, making mayo yourself without the vinegar.

Chemical engineer here. More expensive ones will offer slight conductivity improvements at best, any real gains will be in longevity.

Coollaboratory Liquid Pro and Ultra are the best "pastes" on the market. They are cheap, tricky to put on and get off if needed but their thermal conductivity is higher than on any other paste, measurably so.

Hypothetically speaking, would semen work?

>Should I put the thermal paste inside a hamburger then?

No. If you're swapping thermal paste and mayo's places, then mayo would go on your CPU and thermal paste would go in the trash.

There are some differences that manifest the worse your cooler's contact is with your CPU, but I wouldn't be particularly worried about it considering most of the time you don't even know which paste is good and which isn't. Price certainly doesn't tell you that, and most reviews don't either.

This here is a good example People post it because it's a big easy list with some funny things. However, I imagine none of them have ever even checked the testing methodology behind the tests. They have neither the accuracy nor the precision for proper thermal paste testing, so you might as well throw those results out of the window. The only site I've actually seen put effort into their thermal paste testing in skinneelabs. Too bad they're dead.

skinneelabs.com/

is also very true.

>Not taking your CPU to the dentist

>2016
>Not jizzing on your CPU (Cod Piece Unit)

go with Gelid GC-Extreme TC-GC03-A, one of the best

Zalman ZM-STG2, Arctic Cooling MX-4 and Arctic Silver 5 is also very good

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
/thread

Yes it would. Anything that's a paste will work

gelid gc-extreme is the best thermal paste in the market rn, search for benchmarks

>they fell for the termal paste meme
I've never applied it, stock paste is enough to keep your PC alive for 8+ years.

I've always used artic silver 5 and it's been fine

that's for 3.5g, you can get 25g tubes for less than that