tfw no shadowplay

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Use dxtory or i dunno.

tfw no drivers

>not using OBS

LOL

Falling for nvidiot marketing memes. Smh. Go back to consoles.

I don't like Twich so...

Just use Windows 10 built in recorder.

Use OBS. Its free?

Or use plays.tv
Its actually fine.

This
/thread

>What is VCE

You don't belong here. Go to

Shadowplay is far better

>VCE
It's a cancer

>mfw play.tv either works flawless, no performance hit, 60 fps and good quality or doenst recognize the game at all

Shadowplay is pretty shit. The only point in its favour is the low performance impact.

I notice it doesn't work on borderless window things.

>The only point in its favour is the low performance impact
This is my point, my games never lag with Shadowplay and the files size is decent.

>Shadowplay is pretty shit

Nvidia literally sells more cards than AMD solely because of Shadowplay.

It's only cancer for retarded gaymen babbies who are overwhelmed by any tutorial instructing you to do more than two clicks on your branded meme software.

Now fuck off to

Pls stop...

shadowplay doesn't kill performance, has good video quality, and doesn't have massive file sizes.

Shadowplay is a quality product from Nvidia, a company that makes lots of these quality products, meanwhile AMD keeps churning out new cards without offering any proper software support

>all the shills and Sup Forums in this thread
This is why Sup Forums is so awful, anyways if you're using anything but x264 and OBS you're doing it quite wrong
It predates NVENC by like two gens

I have Nvidia, but I prefer to use MSI Afterburner's pre-record function.

Shadowplay is just a shitty GUI front end for NVENC for people that are too stupid to configure OBS.

So you're saying its bad because it just works well without needing to be configured?

No, it's bad because it doesn't work well. The quality is sub-par and has no options to improve it.

Why the hell would you ever use fucking borderless window mode? Are you mentally impaired?

>click on Nvidia GeForce experience
>takes 20 seconds to load on my Intel SSD
>need to create an account to get future drivers

top notch

Can someone explain to me what shadowplay is? From what I get is some recording software but I don't get OP's image. Is it buggy as hell on AMD?

nvidia hardware based low quality recording, with ability to retroactively record the last x minutes

>Broadcasting your gaming
Pewdie Pie wannabe's fuck off already

>nvidia hardware based low quality recording

AMDs version must be complete shit then, they couldn't even do 4K 60FPS until Polaris.

>has good video quality

youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

Thank you. I was not expecting to get a useful answer without getting called a fag at least a dozen times. Seems interesting, too bad I don't see the point in recording my gameplay.

This. Shadowplay is not the greatest quality but boy is it better than AMDs shit, Nvidia software just feels better, AMDs current UI for everything assumes you are just a dumbass and hides advanced features..

Why did AMD ditch CCC anyway, it feels way more intuitive than this mess now.

If you can't find your way back to those advanced features (which are all still there, in a CCC-style menu), you ARE a dumbass.

(you)

because some of us have multiple monitors or we like to alt-tab fast

Thats not what i said, id just rather not have to UNFUCKINGHIDE features that should be easy to access and not in some sub-menu.

Damn man gpu fanboys i swear.

4K60p recording wasn't a thing possible with NVENC until GP106

I have 3 monitors, so don't give me that. Using borderless is objectively fucking stupid. And what are you? Some 15 year severe adhd kid who needs to tab and check twitter every 10 seconds no matter what you are doing?

Not true.

I didn't even know AMD had anything similar. Still, shadowplay quality isn't good.

attention whoring
playing
pick one

If you were editing game footage, you'd capture raw and use a software encoder.

What about shitty games that lock up when you alt-tab out, but act just fine in borderless window mode? What about those games?

Use VCE.

>record something at 1080p60 10MB/s
>NVENC (GTX 670) artifacts horribly, doesn't manage full 60FPS
>VCE (Rx 480) perfect encode, no artifacts, full 60FPS
>670 was 400$ on release
>480 is 250$ on release
Why do people like Nvidia again?

Only took AMD 4 generations to get it right.

Enjoy your power starved cheapest components possible RX480. Heatsink is BAREBONES MINIMUM on the reference design OCing is out of the question.

more performance hit
shadowplay is the best recording software to be honest
retarded
that's only on the newest update (beta)

Don't know if they pushed it out, nvidia is fucking retarded though.
Most people don't in-fact most people use the shadow feature that records the last x minutes, in case some sick shit happens.
>tfw every fullscreen program is now going to trigger this shit
fucking why

AMD owner here. Shadowplay was easy to use and worked like a charm. Good bit of software they made

it's why I live Nvidia desu

Obs has same performance impact on my gtx980. Eg none. It uses the same encoder asic.

AMD's GVR doesn't support NVENC, it will obviously have a much higher performance hit on Nvidia cards
What kind of retard made this benchmark?
All of them should have the same performance impact (none) if they use the hardware encoder available, ie. VCE/Quicksync/NVENC

VCE has the same performance impact as NVENC, they don't use the CPU or the cards shaders at all

See VCE might chew more performance, but it's still an improvement over using your CPU solely.

Nonetheless, both are shitty when it comes to compression quality.

It's surprising x264 is still SDI ahead of this ASIC's after all this years, some have even regressed in quality