Fingerprinting Thread

browserprint.info/
panopticlick.eff.org/
ip-check.info
browserleaks.com/

Fingerprinting is the newest way of tracking you across websites.
It's being done right now by companies like Google.
Because unlike cookie based tracking you can't defeat it just by disabling cookies.
In the Panopticlick study 83.6% of fingerprints were unique, even when JavaScript and/or Flash was disabled, and this is before canvas fingerprinting was invented.
There is currently NO FOOLPROOF DEFENCE against fingerprinting (except quitting the Internet).

Google's privacy policy states
>Other technologies are used for similar purposes as a cookie on other platforms where cookies are not available or applicable
google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/key-terms/#toc-terms-cookie

ReCAPTCHA probably still contains fingerprinting code:
archive.is/9K5gs
This means that the majority of Sup Forums users could be being fingerprinted, and Google might know about your shitposting habits even if cookies are disabled.

Google releases limited hangout of how much they know about you:
news.slashdot.org/story/16/06/29/2038257/googles-my-activity-reveals-how-much-it-knows-about-you

Daily reminder to do all your Amazon / eBay / LinkedIn / botnet shit in a completely separate browser to your Googling or buying shit.
It's currently the ONLY way to truly defend against fingerprint tracking.
Double points if you have each browser running in a different VM with a different OS.
Triple if you have each browser's VM configured with a different VPN connection.

Could the FP-Block browser extension be what we're looking for?
satoss.uni.lu/software/fp-block/
Adds randomness to canvases, generates random HTTP headers, randomises timezone, etc.
Bggy, and it doesn't seem to play well with other extensions, but very promising.
If only it was under active development.

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/canvasblocker
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Another extension you may want to check out:
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/canvasblocker

You forgot
>quadruple points if you have one computer for personal things using your home connection and one for shitposting using an anonymously purchased VPN connection

Fingerprinting is irrelevant once the data can no longer be associated with your physical location. Use a VPN.

Am I supposed to care?

So what you're saying is that if they know your full name, all your friends, your workplace / school, all the sites you visit, everything you've bought online, all your interests, etc, it doesn't matter because they don't know where you're shitposting from at this second?
This nig serious?

DNS leaks everywhere.

>his base of operations isn't a barge
Stay pleb.

fuck off with this troll thread

Only you can see this data. Google protects your privacy and security.

Why on earth do you think this is a troll thread?

I just moved to a new house with obvious airsoft gun usage by the previous owners, pellets stuck in sheetrock, and holes in doors, etc... Youtube and occasionally google offer suggestions even while logged in for airsoft content.

>browser fingerprint is useless because of VPN and noscript.

But we can't see it.
And google uses this data to alter your user experience (in the very least) and probably sells your data to advertisers too.
Note: That this image was with cookies enabled

>shitpost to Sup Forums because Sup Forums is cancer
>Anime recommended channel
I even had cookies disabled.

Yeah it seems to be very hit and miss with cookies disabled.
It works for some people but others it fails

Start using Sup Forums X with the noscript captcha, otherwise Google will continue to try to sneak into your life and violate you.

>use fingerprint-block + canvasblock
>get these shit

REEEEEEEEEEEE

That's concerning...
Are you sure you had 3rd party cookies disabled?

Related thread

Ideally, we should be able to make every mechanism that reports screen size or any other potentially unique identifiers lie tactically in our best interests with one tool, so we can resize a friggin window without goddamn google knowing about it.

>tfw I have canvas and JavaShit disabled and they can still detect my contrast and resolution
WHY

To my knowledge, the problem with that would be that the reported screen size is still used for rendering the web page and could break the page layout.

I still want the option to not be tracked by corporations bent on discovering and exploiting my every weakness at the expense of having pages look weird.

Then maybe those websites should use CSS and HTML to render their pages in a way that adapts to the screen size instead of JavaShit

There are methods to read the screen size with CSS too and they would have the same problem.

If you're talking about Browserprint.
Screen size is CSS magic.
They can also do fonts using CSS magic, but noscript blocks it.
And the CAPTCHA has a trick which reveals your contrast; some characters are lightly colored so if you have particularly high contrast they disappear.

>And the CAPTCHA has a trick which reveals your contrast; some characters are lightly colored so if you have particularly high contrast they disappear.
Oh, that fucking explains it. I just thought their CAPTCHA was really shitty and had those light characters there as a decoy to throw you off.