Stores

I notice many "What went so wrong" threads. Lets change that for now.

What went so right?

The theme idea is kinda neat but that's it

Guess I'm the only one on Sup Forums who likes this store.

>Frys
shitty components from shitty brands
always overpriced
always get approached by some smelly Armenian that doesnt know shit about computers but tries to sell you a razer

Microcenter is better

Fry's refurbishes shit and tries to sell it in a new box.

>Frys
>Many Brands
> cheaper than bestbuy
> Nice employee who helps you find specific parts. Gives you many options and compares properly and doesn't attempt to lean you into 1 product.

I guess I got lucky? Damn user, your story is my best buy story. Wish you had my experience.

this
>go to frys because older sister wanted to buy laptop
>worker approaches us. let him talk
>he tries to sell some refurb to my sister for 800 bucks just because it has a lit keyboard
had to step in and shoo him away
not as bad as places like best buy but i still prefer buying computer stuff online

One in my area used to have decent prices on hard drives and DVD readers regularly. Their mobo prices were typically the same or higher same with CPU. Small markup on gpu. There was one God tier case for thirty bucks that I have had eternal regret on not buying. Had an external sata and sata power slot so you could install or copy files to do an install on the hard drive and then throw it in another PC. Would have made things a little easier when I made PCs for friends and family.

>buy a CPU from Fry's
>get an opened box
>thermal paste smothered everywhere

I'll make a best buy VS Fry's thread next. I feel like a jackass. Thought this store had a good rep.

In Houston, Microcenter beats the shit out of Fry's. More selection, more enthusiast focused, knowledgeable associates. They've got pretty much all the currently manufactured parts you could need, not to mention that they play based jayztwocents and octv in the back of the store all day.
also, is true. I had one of their 'open box' Corsair watercoolers explode all over my PC a little while ago. Fry's is full of poor minorities looking to steal shit or buy a car stereo. Microcenter is full of full-on Sup Forums tier neckbeard technowizards

All the parts I need are at Fry's. I'll be sure to check out that store when I can.
>Houston? Any In Vegas?
Also music doesn't really matter.

Fry's is GOAT in my area.

Best Buy is overpriced as shit in everything except blu-rays.

No need to bag on shoppers of Fry's. I shop there. Keep that to yourself! Respect opinions man.

>Fry's
>Every motherboard has been opened, reboxed hastily w/ $5 discount off MSRP.

Pick 2.

I have fond memories of my local Fry's carrying Gundam kits in the early 2000s.

As if we needed more evidence that Fry's customers are fags

Opinion Intensifies.

Microcenter is better in literally every way.

First time Iv'e heard of this store.

Check it out sometime.

Nice Dubs, thanks for the idea.

True, most of what they carry is shit but they do have some nice products as well. Plus, I like walking into stores and looking at the shit firsthand before buying.

Since they price match, I tend to buy items from Fry's (or microcenter) and have them match Amazon. That way I can get the shit into my hands right now vs placing an order and waiting a day or two.

Frys is such an amazing shithole .
i live within 3 different stores.

full of stupid employees, that know absolutely fucking nothing. they HATE when you ask to pricematch so i pricematch every fucking time .

they have so many specific hard to find things that i can't hate them, yet i despise the fact that they have an equal amount of overpriced GARBAGE , and they FUCKING REPACKAGE GARBAGE AND SELL IT NEW .

I WANT TO HATE FUCK YOU

GAMBLING LOL