Windows 10 LAG Thread

Windows 10 LAG Thread

Looking for some speed tweaks or improvements.

Chrome is extremely laggy, anyone have any good replacements?

Installing Windows 7 Lite atm.

WHY DOES WIN 10 LAG SO BAD

here's my recommendation

Consider not using a browser that takes 2GB of ram? Edge is better anyways

OP is a fucking idiot

tfym?
Windows 10 has this fucked up lag on my computer, things like opening the START menu fucking lag. it's the biggest bullshit ever. mind my pc isnt the top teir, windows 7 lite won't even budge in lag compared to this fuckface os.

10 uses about 3.5gb of ram in idle if you have the capacity, it's really an 8gb of ram OS

I'm on windows 10 with a 10 year old shitbox with 2GB of RAM and on Chrome
Why are you always so full of shit user? Maybe you should uninstall all your spyware and trojans and stop being part of a russian botnet.

Naw man, it's not jokes.

I don't know why it's lagging this hard. I optimized the entire OS, transparency & additional visuals off, services disabled including prefetch, wifi sense off, background services live tiles I went thru all of it man. :l

I can play League, it's not that bad. However the OS lags hard and CPU spikes all the time. Can't comprehend it

Here's some tips for making Win10 work the way it's supposed to.

>Make sure you have all of the available updates for it. One of the big ones a lot of people are currently missing is the v1511 update that repairs issues with the start menu and wifi menu lagging or not opening correctly. Also make sure you have all your drivers are up to date if you did an upgrade from a previous version of Windows.

>If it's a laptop, make sure that your battery saver settings aren't throttling hardware performance to save power.

>There's a bunch of Windows crap that runs out of the box that really doesn't need to. Usually I set them like this:

Notifications & actions > turn off the action bar system icon and all the notification toggle switches.

Privacy > General > Turn off all the advertising shit. I also usually turn off all the apps that ask for things like camera and microphone control, but if you use stuff from the Windows store I'd leave these on. Turn the feedback & diagnostics stuff down to basic/never. Turn off all the background apps.

>Uninstall all the bloatware that comes preinstalled in Windows 10 and turn off the live tiles that you aren't using. Weather, Money, etc..

If you're still having issues, change performance options to turn off unnecessary animations and whatnot and it will run much smoother.

Hope this helps, friends.

Also another thing I forgot to mention is make sure to turn off stupid little things like the suggestions in the start menu, set OneDrive not to load when Windows starts, etc..

nope it uses less then 1gm on if you don't have shit ton of start up bloatware enabled.

*1GB of RAM

it expands itself as resources become available, you can get it down to 1 but default is 3.5

Dying HDD?

Bestest waifu

Get this thing called an SSD

who the fuck is mongo and why should she poke him?

>poke mongo

Get a Mac.

Install Gentoo

Check out vmware os optimization tool. It's free and works wonders.

>WHY DOES WIN 10 LAG SO BAD
You must be 18 or older to use this site.

>windows
This board is about technology, which you clearly have no idea about.

>look at me, I use an obscure OS that requires to use the terminal even for the most basic tasks, that makes me soo smart and superior

I must say. I dont get any lag from windows 10.sur eit's more bloated than 7. But i haven't had one issue BSOD etc

Pretty solid OS minus privacy shit and other bloat. but LTSb is nice too., No bloat but no store or netflix. Also on a T420 so not repping some new laptop or anything

This is not a joke. They disabled HDD queing in w10 so this is your only option. You can reduce Chrome lags by disabling HDD cache.

Fresh install.

Upgrade is broken and has shit performance.

Upgrade from your 2009 atom processor.

Use a better PC. My specs are : 1,8 GHz dual-core, 4 GB RAM, Nvidia 210. Windows 10 is the smoothest OS I ever used.

I'm on 64 bit windows 10 and i have 16GB of RAM

My machine used 1.2 GB of RAM at most on idle

mine is mostly stock. I didn't go full autist and disable any processes or services that run stock. i also dont have many 3rd party programs installed

maybe it's the telemetry

pls elaborate
linux is way easier to use than windows

>look at me, im too stupid to learn basic commands therefore i shit on people that actually can

w10 runs great on my surface pro 3 with 4gb of ram, intel integrated graphics and an i5.

w10 runs like arse on my desktop with i5-6500 and gtx 980 (fedora with gnome 3 runs smoothly though)

why?