How do I make Windows 10 as secure as Linux? (or as secure as possible?)

How do I make Windows 10 as secure as Linux? (or as secure as possible?)

I know that by using limited user accounts only you can make it a lot more secure.

What other measures can I take?

meme answers, jokes, trolls, and constructive answers all welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

chocolatey.org/
addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/umatrix/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/umatrix/ogfcmafjalglgifnmanfmnieipoejdcf?hl=es-419
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can't, just use it responsibly, don't execute shit from unreliable sources, use https.

If you are about to walk into something suspicious and have no choice, use a VM.

AVs for domestic users are worthless, common sense is the best AV out there.

I only got infected with Windows when I was a careless idiot.

Install gentoo.

Just use common sense.

this

Linux isn't particular secure though.

I wanted practical instructions like

1. Use a limited user account.
2. Use Sandboxie.
3. Install Adblock on your browser.
4. ...

Your statement isn't particularly right.

Take your tin foil hat off.

It is though.

Rootkits aren't as easy to install as Mr Robot shows you, actually if you don't have direct access to the computer is unlikely you'll be able to install it, it doesn't exactly work as a virus, because the system won't allow it.

>proprietary software
>secure

choose one

The problem is people just assume Linux is secure for some reason, and they don't even try to harden their systems and let it be compromised.

The only reason that Linux has less malware is because it has like a 2% marketshare, so the programmers just don't bother with it as often. There are still plenty of examples of Linux malware.

If you are not a fucking retard logged as root and only use superuser permissions manually when required (like with sudo), then its almost impossible.

A virus/trojan cannot access the system without root access.

The argument of the market share is at least retarded, there is a reason why is the most widely used in servers and professional environments that need to protect their data, and not many are successful to break in those systems, is not because its cheaper than Windows Server, its because its better.

A lot of malware doesn't actually need root to run.

Dunning–Kruger effect, the post.

The best and easiest steps to take for your security are to install an adblocker and uninstall flash player. The next biggest step is to use an operating system that isn't malware.

Logical Fallacy, the post.

Also, there is a massive botnet that targets Linux systems. Just saying.

Linux has sandbox. Malware are stuck in their box. They can't run around and wreak havoc in Linux computers like they do in Windows.

Compared to the alternatives which have that built-in, I'd say that's pretty secure

Unplug your ethernet

>only use superuser permissions manually when required (like with sudo), then its almost impossible.
Protection from Trojans: zero

>A virus/trojan cannot access the system without root access.
Do you even know what a Trojan is?

Everything you have mentioned is irrelevant and shows your inexperience to the fact that Linux is more secure by default compared to Windows. Yes, there are vulnerabilities and no OS is immune, but to say just because these vulnerabilities exist makes Linux on par with Windows is disingenuous.

Go back to Sup Forums you trip-fagging pillock.

>uninstall flash player.
will that make youtube not work?

Not to mention that generally they have to trick the user into running it, its hard to automate malware in Linux, one of the reasons is the wide varierty of distros based on different standards.

And without root access the kernel is read only, if you can't touch the kernel, there isn't much you can do.

>get called out for ad hominem
>double down
I lol'd for real.

Yes, and it needs elevated privileges to run and really take over the computer, and it won't just do it automatically, you have to make the user run it, otherwise you are limited to what a limited user can do.

>what is html5

>adblock

>I lol'd for real.

Like I give a shit, you attention-whoring trip-nigger. Go on, keep posting dumb ass.

Now I understand why you didn't just installed linux

>what is soundmodem

so does it work?
how do i uninstall flash player?
do i do it on control panel or on the browser?

No...

>you have to make the user run it
Which is the whole point of the Trojan being a Trojan. It tricks the user to give it all the privileges it needs. It doesn't need to exploit any security flaws of the specific system, it just exploits the biggest security flaw of any system: The user.

One of the main reason why Linux gets less malware is because its user-base on average is leagues ahead of the average windows user-base. If everyone on earth was forced to switch to Linux you know they'd find a way to exploit the retards.

Just look at how secure Android is.

Just unistall flash from control panel. Most browsers will support HTML5 by default, especially the main ones (e.g. Chrome, Firefox).

>muh anonEmoose is legun!!!!1111oneone

Uninstall it in control panel, then go to your browser plugins and disable it

i just reinstalled windows 10 and there is nothing on my control panel programs tab. So I'm good right?

>muh anonEmoose is legun!!!!1111oneone

>GOD-KING LUCIFER!"""!!!!!1

Jesus fuck, keep going, you cringe-worthy fucking geek-squad-tier fucking noob. Is this also your xbox gaming handle? Hahaha. You're like a junior level tech on a telephone support line.

Did you flush your hard drive firmware and your BIOS?

Yeah, you should be good.

So good.

>inb4 flashed not flushed

You should check your browser's plugins too, for example chrome ships with flash player by default

no why?
should i do that too?
do i also have to uninstall java for more security?

Most secure system doesn't have anything running on it.

>So good.

Thanks.

Now go get me my fries and a mountain dew you turbo-nigger.

Any such browser plugin is a security risk, so I'd recommend removing Java plugin, Silverlight, etc. But flash is the main offender.

Linux user here.

-Get your software from a trusted source:
chocolatey.org/

-When browsing block scripts by default:
addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/umatrix/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/umatrix/ogfcmafjalglgifnmanfmnieipoejdcf?hl=es-419

-Use a restricted user account as you said, be sure to have sane permissions.

-If there exists something like apparmor try to use it on windows.

-Wayland and sandboxed packages will make linux much more safe in the future, use sandbox applications.

-In my opinion the worst part about windows is what you accept in the terms because that's done on purpose, but if that doesn't bothers you disregard this point.

Don't be a retard, use updated applications. Lots of vulnerabilities can be mitigated at compile time, so long as the developer is using a modern compiler. If you must use older applications or applications written by retards still on VC6, then you should use EMET to apply mitigations.

-Also in my opinion the best part is that when the source is open there's potentially a lot of interested parties working on the code, so you only need one person to blow the whistle about a vulnerability or a potential backdoor to create a chain reaction, patches are delivered quickly too, so that's it's bigger strength.

Use the secure kernel and windows is 100x more secure than linux

install gentoo

>windows is 100x more secure than linux
source?

Install gentoo

The fact that all kernel calls are routed through a proxy all to the secure kernel that validates and executes in VTL1 which VTL0 can't touch at all?