Too bad it needs to be done at subzero temperatures and a vacuum

>gawker media

>hard drive has to be stored at -200 C to make it work

whats gawker?

>62,5 terrabyte per 2.54cm^2
>-200 C
>vacum
>8000Bits so far

>In its current form, the atomic hard drive can only operate in clean vacuum conditions and at liquid nitrogen temperatures, which is -346°F (-321°C).

>absolute zero is − 273,15 °C

Maybe its good for massive datacenters or the NSA

>massive datacenters
>-321°C

bankrupt shit.

>million dollar cooling cost daily

Lads, what are we gonna do once storage devices reach the point where they encode information as 1 atom per bit? That's the end of physics. How can we possibly progress past that?

Within the next 50 years, will we see technology hit a massive stall?

we could store dara in alternative demensions where we have enogth space and than wire them throgh a small wormhole

Dive down to quarks.

Its not like we're lacking anything beyond atom. Things always go smaller. You can divide quarks as well. Once past that, physics has to change to go smaller. So "limits of physics" can be bypassed with different physics theory.

is that even possible? I thought alternate dimensions didnt exist

The taxpayers can afford it.

So processors might use quarks once transistors are less than 1 atom in size?

They might use DNA, they might use photons, etc.

Doesn't mean much when the speculative physics aren't in reach for a while.

It's definitely going to be paired with quantum computers which need those temperatures anyways.

This is the dumbest fucking shit I've ever read. Max storage density per square inch could be 500TB but this is not taking into account V-NAND which stacks additional memory cells on top of each other to increase storage size. So max storage size per square inch cubed would be like 250,000 TB.

This is all assuming we never figure out how to manipulate dark energy or some shit to store data in.

Wasn't there a much more dense storage solution just recently?

oh, oh well.
zmescience.com/research/technology/quartz-disk-5d-storage-52543/

>500 TB PER SQUARE INCH

TERA BITS NOT BYTES YOU FUCKING IDIOT

>500Tb PER SQUARE INCH

FTFY

>-346°F (-321°C)

-346 F is -210 C.
Nice calculations you've got going there

If only certain places had infinite cold... Perhaps some sort of giant natural freezer.

I don't know a ton of quantum, but we would probably have to start using dark matter and energy in a way. I don't think we can prove the existence of alternate dimensions with our current technology, though that's a possibility