Chinkshit Batteries = OK?

Should I buy an off-brand replacement battery or pay up for a genuine Lenovo one? I want to save money but don't want my computer to explode.

Can someone recommend a good, cheap brand?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.lenovo.com/gb/en/documents/hf004122
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Got a cheep battery for my T420 and it died in about a year. Wouldn't be so tilted about it if it didn't die a week before I went on vacation. Save the few bucks op it's like 50$ for a good one and it will only last you like a year more than a cheep one.

I have a T420, will I have any issues switching from Windows to Mint? Any driver issues?

Honestly don't buy em.
At best get a new battery and some good branded power cells and replace them in the old battery chinkshit batteries often use the shittiest cell and backwards retarded controlers.

Bought one for my netbook 2 years ago. Still going strong but I heard they are pretty much hit and miss.

For what it's worth, I run Mint on a T500 and everything just works, no issues here.

I have a dilemma. My laptop is old. If I buy a genuine battery then it's going have been sitting on a shelf for several years and may be just as bad as buying a new turd party battery (except more expensive).

I regularly buy them for the laptops at work. Sometimes they don't perfectly fit in the laptop they were supposedly made for, but they still work great.

Buy them from where?

I saw newegg has some for half the price of Lenovo and they claim that it is Lenovo product I been thinking of getting one but I don't know where

Nice trip.

I bought a 9-cell for $50 from AliExpress, maybe it's going to explode when it arrives but i don't have an option.

It's either batteries from China or no batteries at all for me.

I got a nine cell off Amazon for my x220t. I get a solid 4 hours with music on the speakers, internet connection and medium brightness.
The charge decays really fast though. It could go from the 80 threshold to 30 percent in two days of being unused.

The 6 cell ones are fine.

You should buy individual new cells and put them in your real battery

Does lenovo have worse technologies to protect the batteries? All my HP laptops have around 20% battery wear, but my 9 cell T60 battery has 70%

yes along with toshiba and asus, battery degrade is fucking fast wo they could jew a new battery. My both parents with shitty 5 years old dell and acer have better battery.

The fire rises brother

Firstly check if your battery is on recall.

support.lenovo.com/gb/en/documents/hf004122

If not, go on ebay and find a cheap almost dead one with pictures of the serial number that is.

Nice.

>random shit from China explodes often
>buy laptop part that is most likely to explode

>I want to save money but don't want my computer to explode

Are people here genuinely mentally disabled? How much is a fucking laptop battery going to cost at the most? Holy shit, actually please go ahead and get the chink shit so you can win the Darwin Award you fucking disabled nigger.