Do you guys think that P = NP or P ≠ NP?

Do you guys think that P = NP or P ≠ NP?
I'd like it if P = NP because in essence it would mean that every problem in this world can be computed in a machine and it would yield its solution.

strawpoll.me/10781913

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Prize_Problems#P_versus_NP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah we know what it fucking means you autistic shitlord

Well it's not what it means. P=NP would mean that finding a solution is as easy as verifying it, which is obviously fucking false. All we need is a formal proof.

>obviously
Yeah keep using that word

How the fuck do you even prove that

can you give me the fucking sauce already

All I want is source.

sauce?

No you don't

Impossible to prove either way. Poll is stupid, and so are you.

That's not even what it means...

Poll isn't about proof. It's about opinion.

^
samefags
i want the sauce too tho

Sauce OP?

>these fucking samefags
although I wouldn't mind sauce

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Prize_Problems#P_versus_NP
Dunno but you'd get a gorillion dollars

SAUCE

Why does nobody offer me a million dollars? I'm damn sure for people with huge incomes a million dollars is nothing, yet it would mean everything to me.

I love it when people bitch about saucefags while they're posting cropped/mosiac images

Do you guys think OP will ever sauce us?

>every problem in this world
you clearly have no idea what you are talking about

I've found a proof that P ≠ NP but it is too large to fit in this box.

Last I heard, the P ?= NP problem wasn't proven to be unsolvable. Why do you say it's impossible to prove one way or another?

I'd also want P=NP just as much I'd like NP to be equal to PSPACE, but I don't think that's the case.

I hope P /= NP otherwise that would mean my encryption is fucked.

sauce me up senpai

Let's please talk about P NP

>a proof either way would have profound implications for mathematics, cryptography, algorithm research, artificial intelligence, game theory, multimedia processing, philosophy, economics and many other fields.

didn't mean to sage

sage goes in all fields

I think P = NP, but many specific instances of NP problems that come from our world are very structured and they can be solved much faster than worst case. See Levin Search for an algorithm to find the fastest solution.

sry, meant P != NP of course.

>it would mean that every problem in this world can be computed in a machine and it would yield its solution

No, it doesn't. The most obvious counterexample would be the Halting problem, but there's plenty of others. Don't assume we don't know the implication of P=NP when you yourself can't even explain it correctly.