0x0.st/Ag_.txt
youtube.com/watch?v=M1egiPWdKyc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Samsung has a monopoly on SSDs?

>Falling for samshit meme
>Falling for winshit meme

>needing firmware for a fucking hard disk
your fault

The younger generation is too tech illiterate and too used to taking anal probes.

>Heh, you can get this update but only if you suck my cock, kid. Heh.

When will this madness fucking end?

I had no idea that I could update the firmware on my SSD. Can I do this on my HDDs too?

Pretty much. Nothing is close to their speed and warranty.

>complaining about collection and use of personal information when you use windows

wew lad

What's wrong with Sandisk?

I have Samsung 850 EVO SSD without Samsung Magician firmwares, does this matter?

no.

the software is only if you want to update firmware.

Are there any big improvements over the original Firmware?

Just do it manually family.

Download the firmware and bootcd image from the website.

>samsung
crucial, sandisk and a-data exists Why did you buy that?

I never had Samsung SSDs. Always bought Intel.

No issues, have been rock solid for years.

850 Pro is only beaten by Intel on speed, but has a better lifespan.

Crucial.

when you look at m.2 drives samsung is further ahead.

Samsung M.2 competes with Intel PCIe NVMe. It's the same interface, but Samsung has better densities and can deliver the smaller form factor.

>he actually installed the samsung drivers

seriously there is no difference in all ssd except for pcie and sata

my laptop has a 850 pro m.2 and my desktop has a crucial 250gb
and theres is absolutely no fucking difference boot is roughtly the same

lot of ssd is rehash of samsung ssd, they just use different firmware somehow.

>boot
Please stop talking about boot speeds it's more relevant to talk about system latency and file opening/saving speed.
SSD speeds don't matter for most users past SATA speeds.
The PCIe speed boost matters for professionals that have to access large files on disk repeatedly and at random locations. You see massive speed boosts in applications like video editing and database queries.

so what your saying is that samsungs botnet is everywhere

>thinking your HDD doesn't have firmware
You're as retarded as you think OP is.

could you please link it?

when i looked they want you to use magician software. those days have passed

if you don't wanted to be cucked by the koreans just run crystal disk mark until the ssd is hovering on deaths door and warranty it for a new one that already has the new firmware

No. A lot of SSDs use Samsung flash chips, but that's where the similarities stop. Most companies use different controllers and PCB layouts.

Literally just look up the free (as in freedom) version. All you have to do is to download 17 code files and then use those to make one code file that you're gonna compile, and then move the resulting binary file to a specific folder in your system, and then input like 5 commands in the terminal to tell your OS that the new stuff is where you put it. Installing everything is so easy on Linux.

They uhh... They stopped providing it after 840 series...
Jus temporarily turn on the data collection I guess..

Why doesn't software on my Spyware OS that I submit to want to collect my data? Keep in mind that I'm a retard so please explain using simple words.

no chance id turn it on

id doubt it would upload an image of your drive but i dont trust them whatsoever

You're an idiot

Intel has a monopoly on enterprise SSDs. Samsung has a near-monopoly on consumer SSDs.

Good old market segmentation

I have 2 SSD's in Raid which is twice as fast as any shit tier 850 pro and cost me about the same, also if your on SATA3 there is no point in getting anything higher than that as each SATA3 slot is limited to 600 MBPS anyway so unless your on Sata Express or M2 there is no point in getting anything better.

How is this even legal?

Well I have two 850 Pros in RAID :^)

Honestly I mostly got it because of their reputation of reliability and their 10-year warranty, not the performance.

Also Samsungs chips are not all it's cracked up to be an example of this is the memory they used in the Gigabyte GTX 970, some cards used Samsung memory and others the Hynix memory and I've seen a lot more dead cards or ones with problems with the samsung memory.

HDD firmware has been stable for like a decade.

waiting for quints

show us your disk benchmark then I doubt it will be much faster if at all, the SSD's I got were half the price of the samsung ones so I literally could have 4 of those in RAID had I paid that much which would obliterate yours, MY SSD's have the same performance as a 850 pro both are rated at up to 550MBPS read and writes and I tested both of mine and they are pulling exactly that and actually my writes are faster than my reads.

Cute. It's as if you completely ignored the part of my post where I said that I care about reliability more than performance.

But since this is Sup Forums and you gamers can only care about MUH PERFORMANCE BENCHMARKS, here you go:

0x0.st/Ag_.txt

Note: It's a JBOD pool, not a RAID0

How did you even get the option to disagree?

LOL Most SSD's these days will last that long or longer as if that fucking matters, good luck cashing in on that warranty should your disks fail I'm sure samsung will claim you used it in some way that their warranty won't and jew you into buying more and you will take it lying down, I've used samsung SSD's in the past and they get slower with age so good luck chump

This. I had no such thing when I installed Samsung magician.

>I've used samsung SSD's in the past and they get slower with age so good luck chump
Ah, yet another person on Sup Forums who doesn't understand TRIM

Elaborate

Dude, periods aren't just for women you know.

And my 4 year old 840 is running just as fast as it was when I bought it, perhaps you are doing something wrong.

LMFAO that the best you've got? telling me I didn't do something that you have no proof of knowing? because that's the first thing I did was enable TRIM on my SSD's.

All SSDs get slow as they age when they run out of spare blocks and need to start recycling existing ones, which is very slow because erasing a flash cell is time consuming.

TRIM is a command used to make this happen earlier than necessary, so that the device can reclaim unused blocks and add them to its pool of spare blocks in advance.

Samsung 850 drives in particular are notable for not supporting asynchronous TRIM, which might cause problems with some software configurations (e.g. using the in-band discard option).

Anyway, point is that you need to make sure to enable TRIMming, ideally by adding an fstrim cron job or something. If you don't, all drives will eventually become slow.

Are you really lambasting someone for posting without proof when you haven't posted anything even remotely resembling proof to back your own posts up?

Are you really doing that?

He's just a shitposter. Ignore and move on with life.

My 120GB 840 (non pro, non EVO) is still kicking right along and benches right around where it did when I bought it. If anything it got a bit faster with firmware updates.

Dunno why you're so anti Samsung. My buddy is still running his 830 series. I mean Intel makes decent drives too but for overall price, performance, reliability, and support, Samsung seems to be top in all those categories. Their only contenders are stuff like the x400 like from Sandisk, or the MX like from Crucial. Which are withing +/- $10 from the Samsung EVO line. So why not buy Samsung?

Man, I guess.

It's actually very different in the enterprise market. Most server dealerships I know will hesitate to even sell you samsung SSDs even if you ask for them, because they're just that bad under constant load.

Samsung makes great SSDs for the consumer market, but they're a piece of shit compared to intel when it comes to something you can deploy in high-volume storage servers and expect them to both work fast and not break.

He made an accusation, I know what I did because it was my actions chump.

Not anti-samsung, I just won't buy their shitty overpriced SSD's when there are better options out there for less.

>Most server dealerships I know will hesitate to even sell you samsung SSDs even if you ask for them
I wonder who could be behind this

...not the jews? I don't get it

Are you fucking blind?

Hahah jew or not, Intel SSD's are light years ahead of samsungs shitware, any technologically literate person knows that.

>Not anti-samsung, I just won't buy their shitty overpriced SSD's when there are better options out there for less.

Whelp lets agree to disagree then. I bought my first Samsung SSD when SSDs were around $1.25/GB.It still is running fine as are all of my other Samsung drives.

Don't get me wrong, my little sister's PC has a crucial BX200, my T420 has an MX200. But given the choice, I buy Samsung stuff. Where do you buy from? I could imagine them being "overpriced" if you're buying from online retailers. I buy from my local Microcenter.

>normalfags
>ever reading installers

Yea I'm guilty of this shit. Just keep clicking next.

>TFW he fell for the shitsung meme

This is why you don't use Windows kids.

You may have got a good deal depending on whats available to you and nothing wrong with that but not depending on where you live, exchange rates, etc etc but that wasn't the case for me prices for samsung can be a lot higher here so it was a no brainer to get what I did and I'm fine with that.

Is there such a thing as a korean jew?

>make image of linux install
>install windows
>update firmware
>restore image
:^)

I love when poorfags from Sup Forumsv/ haven't a fucking clue but just spout maymays cause it's cool.

>intel
>korean

The OP is a fucking idiot.

Nobody has a monopoly on flash media.

Samsung is now the new "OCZ". Trying out experimental cell-tech that is plagued by stupid, stupid issues.

If you care about your data or want performance, then I would suggest looking elsewhere.

>I have 2 SSD's in Raid which is twice as fast as any shit tier 850 pro
>2

Oh shit really? Two in RAID is faster than one? Crazy! Thanks Einstein.

THIS^
Yeah TWO, For the same price as one 850 :^)

>Implying price per performance ratio doesn't matter

>Being poor
>Using inferior NAND chips
>Thinking MB/s is why SSDs are fast

Holy kek. This must either be some REALLY good bait or you're just uneducated

Ignore him, he's a Sup Forums shitposter who also thinks RAID is faster because MUH MB/s and completely ignores read latencies

Actually those SSD's are within my budget
>Implying your poor and uneducated if you don't use samsung

Would of got an intel SSD before any samsung one

>your
I think you have just proven his point, mate.

HURR DURR MY 1MS LATENCY DIFFERENCE

>seriously there is no difference in all ssd except for pcie and sata

Are you fucking retarded?Half of Crucial's shit struggles to pass 400MB/s while you'll be hard pressed to find a single modern Samsung that goes under 500MB/s

Butthurt Shitsung user detected
Back to yourself typical shitsung user>> youtube.com/watch?v=M1egiPWdKyc

>213 views
>14~ year old kid whispering shit

Holy shit, you really tried your hardest to find something negative huh?

I think you're better off on Reddit actually.

Protip: Unless you got a specialized workloads.

Any SATA SSD will work fine. The load time of mainstream applications and games are limited by the CPU under a modest SSD.

One of the reasons Intel is also good for important enterprise data is their controller's self destruction failsafe.

If you buy any other SSD and use it until you burn through its write controller lifespan, the drive will brick once it hits 0. Goodbye Data.

Intel specs their SSD controllers with an estimated number of writes, then they program the controller to go into read-only mode when it reaches about 95% of that estimate. Meaning once you burn through your writes, the drive will just become read only and you can just grab your data off to another drive and not lose it.

That's a big deal for enterprise use, no potential for data loss in the inevitable write controller failure of SSDs.

>Implying this won't happen to you

>MUH SHITSUNK

Samsung will whisper quietly in your ear you voided warranty and to buy more SSD's and you will spread your cheeks

>Trying this hard

This isn't Sup Forums, calm down

>Trying this hard to shill for shitsung

Sorry buddy but I don't even own a Samsung SSD :^)

Sure you don't :^)

You could use a second machine that you don't care about to upgrade the firmware. You don't need to boot from the drive to upgrade.

It a hell of a lot more likely that you can block outbound access to their data collection service and still recieve the firmware flash. Very unlikely that they use an authentication service to verify data upload, instead it's probably just the program recognizing the check box is ticked/set to yes which enables the firmware upgrade, the data upload is probably a sideshow to the whole process.

You need to find out and block the specific web address the data goes to in your firewall or hosts file. If you're really so worried you should search around and see if anyone knows exactly what they collect.

>drive snap shot
You're kidding right? It's probably just use statistics for their marketing slides - SMART data about read/write and cell health, things of that nature.

>needing monitoring software to keep optimizing it and notifying you the iops levels, and rw rates that only runs on windows

user, it's not needed at all. this is a Sup Forums thread. so they think it's needed.

>software never was needed to flash, this new generation of PC users, need it.

New firmware scans your disk and reports pedo animays to every three letter agency.

Enjoy your failed partition.

Even Linus doesn't use Samsung anymore. Tells you everything, really.

Then why use it?

It's a Sup Forums thread because shitsung doesn't make anything conisdered real technology

I agree
whatever makes you feel better babby