>Double Your Computer CPU Speed for Free

youtube.com/watch?v=8unagKHPGt8
What the hell, why didn't anyone tell me about these redundant cores? I might not have bothered to upgrade if I had known that I could magically turn my previous dual core into a quad core.

Not going to bother watching the poo in loo video but since you're mentioning cores... for example a cpu can have 8 cores but if during testing they notice not all of them work they'll just turn it into a 4/6 core cpu instead. Sometimes you can unlock the extra cores and it works just fine but other times it crashes your cpu and starts a house fire.

Would this work on an AMD cpu?

LMAO this guy is literally so full of shit. He just disabled half his cores for the first test and reenabled them for the second. Even his geek bench indicates that the first test was only 4 cores and the second test was 8 cores.

Heck, take a look at his channel. It's full of clickbait titles.

>Falling for the bait

Sick bait, you sure got me good dude.

How does this guy have so many subs and his videos not disliked to oblivion?

Stupid people like shit videos and Marvel movies.

Dunno about new models
But they made a line of tri core AMD cpus from 2009 from defective quadcores

So if you are into EE you could buy one and reverse engineer the whole thing to see if quality check was right or overabundant

bullshit
Windows boots with all available processors by default
>3117 likes
kek

While OP post is clickbait shit tier, you could actually unlock extra 256k l2 cache on old Athlon XPs (Google "Thorton to Barton".
Also Athlon II X2 could actually unlock extra cores, thats why AMD was peddling these Black Edition cpus which were supposed to have better chance to unlock more cores and, if you're lucky, L3 cache. A friend of mine did that, though he wasnt too lucky and managged to unlock one 1 extra core.

Google "AMD Phenom II X4 B40" for more info

He does fake tutorials for the lulz it seems, nothing real

and was the system stable?

It's a joke channel you baka.

>Unironically thinking ThioJoe is funny
kys and never come back

The whole channel is satire. Dumb Sup Forums childern falling for obvious bait.

AMD has a sport with unlocking extras.

My office pc was a sempron 270 1 core 2.7ghz unlocking to a x4 and also oced to 3.2

I have a phenom x3 720 Black edition also 2.7ghz that was unlocked as an "x4 20 Be" and can oc to 3.6ghz.

All jokes aside, AMD's Phenom II dual core CPU's actually could be unlocked to quad core CPU's.

>single core to quad core
What the fuck

I believe AM3 Athlons could unlock all the way to X6 (though you had to be extra lucky for that to happen)

Why's AMD so lazy with their quality control? Maybe they wouldn't be going bankrupt if they checked the chips properly instead of just throwing them all into the shit bin and selling them for cheap.

they are disliked to oblivion, at least many of them are.

If their quality control was so poor, why did the unlocked chips function perfectly 9 times out of 10?

>doesn't understand concept of binning

For the most part Intel only makes two types of chips: laptop parts and xeons. All desktop chips are either gimped xeons or mobile parts clocked up.

>ThioJoe

I unlocked extra cores on my Phenom II x6, was easy and stable but put out a ton of heat in my room, had no need for a radiator trough the winter

How retarded are you?
His entire channel is literally a joke.

i didnt know that. any source on this?

I know it's a joke channel but can someone explain what he actually did? And was the explanation about redundant cores true?

>Turn hyper threading off
>lel 4 cores on my i7
>turn hyper threading on
>look, I unlocked 4 more cores, I doubled my performance!