/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

Old one is almost autosaged.

Other urls found in this thread:

gemalto.com/dwnld/6838_IDBridge_K30_WEB.pdf
p0ngbr.deviantart.com/art/beGood-for-XFCE-358762710
webmshare.com/play/3vP13
wideformatonline.com/workshops/colour-management/801-colour-gamut-in-laymans-terms.html
phonearena.com/news/Sony-Xperia-Z2-gets-disassembled--its-very-easy-to-repair_id54600
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why are you posting shitty gaymer memes

>Autosage
Bump limit, etc.

Is the Mionix NAOS 7000 a good mouse?
Will Sup Forums meme on me if I get it?
It's currently about 10 dolars less than on Amazon on Massdrop.

Hey, I found a IDBridge K30 RAMQ and I have no idea what it is
the best answer I got is this:
gemalto.com/dwnld/6838_IDBridge_K30_WEB.pdf

What can I do with this Sup Forums?

>applel
>gaymer memes

Fucking faggot loser kys retard I hate u

if i were to crossfire/sli a geforce and a radeon card together, would it be sli, crossfire, or some freak hybrid

I know in windows you can sort images by filesize in your image folder, but is there a way to sort or search by resolution or similar, be it 3rd party or otherwise?

I've saved an assload of wallpapers over the years and I have no idea where they're all at

For the most part none of those. Unless the game you are playing is dx12 and you have GPUs compatible with dx12 only one GPU will actually do any graphical processing, though it is possible to have the Nvidia GPU dedicated to physx.

>debian jessie
>xfce
>want costum themes
Downloaded the beGood theme for xfce, unziped it, moved it in /usr/share/themes but I can't choose it by the theme settings now. What is the problem?

How do I use a 3 pin fan on a motherboard with only 4 pin connectors? I read they are incompatible, you can't just plug it in and opt to not need the fourth pin.

forgot the link: p0ngbr.deviantart.com/art/beGood-for-XFCE-358762710

So I was thinking about getting a roku stick and was wondering if there is any kind of exploits or "hacks" to watch any shows/movies like showbox. Also is there a way to watch live TV as well? I sometimes see posts talking about kodi but don't have time to research much. Just need the best solution for streaming shows/movies and maybe live TV(with or without a cable subscription)

Yes. Manipulate this to your query:
width:

I believe 3 pin fans are set up to work with 4 pin connectors. 3 fans have +12, GND, and PWM out. 4 pin fans have an addition speed control in. So a 3 pin fan on a 4 pin connector will run at full speed no matter what the mobo tries to set it to.

i dont know about mionix sensors/ sensors in general but my friend owns one and i really fell in love with it
10/10 would cop if i wasnt jewish

Ah. Thanks.

Just plug them in. I would also suggest to download a utility from your motherboards website to control the fan speeds. Asus uses ai suite and I know msi uses command center. Each manufacturer has their own utility. From there you can control the speed of the fans. It will be voltage controlled though so your fans will have like 3 possible operations. Low-5v, med 7v, max 12v.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

I recently got a Samsung 950 pro m2 drive, and installed it into the pcie x4 port on the bottom of my gigabyte z170n wifi mobo. I dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04 off it, and i have two issues with it:
-It takes a long time to boot, almost a minute. about half of this is either the bios POST screen, i think it's called, where the gigabyte logo shows up, the other half comes up after the ubuntu boot manager, where the screen is the same colour as the ubuntu boot manager screen (kinda purple), and nothing happens. This seems pretty long, and im wondering if theres anything i need to do in ubuntu to make it load quicker.
-When i open speccy, it can detect the type of drive, but where it would read (SATA), or (SSD), it reads unknown and doesn't show any temperature reading. I know these drives can get hot, and since it has little access to cooling under the mobo, I want to monitor the temp to make sure it's ok.
I downloaded the Samsung Magician app, but I never installed any sort of driver, and I'm not sure how up to date my BIOS firmware is, could this be related to the issues I'm having?

I need help diagnosing a computer problem, webm related. I'll share as much info as I can.

webmshare.com/play/3vP13

A while ago (over a year), my computer just completely stopped working, and I didn't bother fixing it because no money. I have money to fix it now, I just need to find out what's wrong and I'd rather not pay outrageous computer repair shop prices.

The computer stopped working one day after I put in sleep mode after watching some youtube videos, and it won't turn on at all. No input even goes to the monitor (which does work, I tested it with my laptop), when the VGA is connected to the CPU or GPU. It just doesn't boot at all, which made me think at first it was a hard drive problem. It's not, I've since tried several.

I think it's the motherboard, a GA-M68MT-S2P. It's not my GPU (it's not in the webm, I'd taken it out), or the RAM. It could be the PSU, but I don't think the sound is coming from there. What is that sound? I've tried looking in my motherboard manual but I can't find anything similar to that. I'm not really sure what if it's even possible to fix, I'm a bit of a beginner with this kind of stuff. This is my first computer, and I had help putting it together over five years ago.

Thanks in advance.

I thought about something Sup Forums
With the way Sup Forums and a lot of torrent users are, why don't people rip the DVD as an ISO? Like ripping the entire DVD? It would make more sense cause you get all the features, you just drag and drop the ISO into VLC and it plays. I've done it before.

Why the fuck is there no cross platform way to find a library for C++? Are you seriously telling me that the best way they can come up with for the industry standard language is putting all the header and lib files in a giant folder?

What are you going on about? Are you complaining there isn't something like npm or pip for C++?

If you're asking for Linux and or mac, that's because those 2 aren't coded in them so it's going to be 10xs harder

Dead mobo most likely.
Check the PSU if you can just in case but replace the mobo and it should boot again
You'll probably need to reinstall windows

They put a good sensor in that. I'm thinking of buying an Avior 7000 myself but I'm waiting for RocketJumpNinja to finish his review on it.

should i buy this

>Bump

>Bump

It sounds retarded but I'm planning on buy a gaming laptop for when I'm out or traveling(travel a lot)
I don't know about buying i5-6300 or an i7-6700
I want to it have long live but dont want to spend money if i dont gonna see the difference
Any advice ?
>Inb4 learn english spaniard

learn english spaniard

Isn't replacing a motherboard a big pain in the ass?

Why would I need to reinstall windows?

MSI is fine DONT get alienware

Opera does not allow a custom default search engine. IS there anyway i can bypass this?

I'm looking in a MSI GL62 but don't know if the i7 processor is worth it

Jump ship because it's 100% Chinese botnet now.

what's up with endbranch and the shadow stack? can you still jump into the middle of an instruction as long as the bits match the endbranch instruction? could you figure out how to trigger a shadow stack load then use one before every rop gadget? GOOBY PLS HALP AM CONFUS D:

What to? Firefox is too laggy on linux

Replacing a motherboard isn't that bad. Will take you less than 20 minutes. Take out the GPU, take out the power cables, take off the cooler, take out the RAM, take out the CPU, unplug everything else (take a photo of the cables that lead to the case before unplugging- the front header cables, usb cables etc)
Unscrew the mobo, take it out, put new one in.
Read the manual to see how you should plug it in, then start putting shit back together.

You need to reinstall windows because windows will often have a hissy fit and think you've moved the hard drive to a different computer.

I miss mtn dew... i want back to america

Vivaldi then, made by ex opera devs

bump plz

Discarded

Seconding. Tab stacks and vertical tabs are too good.

I'd say go for it, but get it at like fry's or Microcenter

>it takes almost a full minute
Oh gosh golly, that's sure is a bummer there chap!
I'm on an 8 year old, stock PC with the newest things in it are ram (3GBs), an HDD and a soundcard running window 7. YOU WANNA COMPLAIN about a minute of wait time? I can go take a shit and come back and my computer is still loading. It's only a minute, go get a coke while you wait main.

you're duelbooting dude, more than liekly it has a lot to do with sorting the file systems and figuring shit out. If it were an SSD I could understand.

>20 years go by
>guys my computer is taking 10 seconds to load. What do?

its an M2 SSD bro, like 5 times faster then a SATA SSD, it's the long load time after i've selected windows that gives me the shits

I've never done a group programming project before. How do people coordinate them?

Which metric determines how "vivid" a display looks?

My old laptop had a typical lousy TN. Things always looked washed out and nothing was sharp. After getting a good IPS monitor, everything just looked so punchy. The colors were more vibrant, the blacks were deeper, and everything looked far sharper.

At first I think it was a product of the contrast ratio causing that effect on the old laptop display, however now I know that contrast ratio is just the distance between max luminance and black depth which doesn't exactly seem like the culprit. So why did the old laptop looked so washed out exactly?

you mean 'how does one put a crew together' because no one here rows crew

if I block every ip used by a website's anycast can i forcibly connect myself to a specific server?

Hey guys, why isn't this working? I'm trying to replace multiples of 3 with "fizz", multiples of 5 with "buzz", and multiples of both with "fizzbuzz"?

I'm completely new to coding btw.

T-t-thanks faggits. Love you. N-n-no homo.

gamut.

wideformatonline.com/workshops/colour-management/801-colour-gamut-in-laymans-terms.html

You're missing an ending else statement so it'll print a number no matter what happens in the if/else chain.

Thank you sir

rofl, fucking hell, can't believe I missed that. Thanks bud, appreciate it. All working now.

Maybe

Is the Samsung 750 Evo a good choice?
I have very limited choice in SSDs here and all the other budget TLC drives, although cheaper seem far worse in reviews.

Yes, your spunk stains will be invisible on a white keyboard.

I swear by the Naos series, I recommend the 3200 to anyone if they are on a budget and the 7000 to people who want to go all out. However, if you are going to make the LEDs white, it doesn't look all too white.

850 evo you mean? Yes its a solid drive.

No 750 Evo, it's a 2016 model believe it or not. The 850 is better but also quite a bit more expensive.
Cheapest 240/256GB SSDs are ~60 euros the 750 Evo is 80 euros.

Looks like it doesn't use the 3D NAND so you'll get lower durability, but this won't matter for most people
Samsung controllers are generally pretty solid so it should be fine.

Literally build a microATX that's what the whole product philosophy is for you retard.

So I have a SSD and if god forbid it stopped working and I had to send it to repair, how could I allow my files to be protected (ie, not accesible to them)? Encryption?

If your SSD stops working for some reason there is no repair

Backup the data to an external hard disk and just microwave the SSD if it stops working.

With fast moving objects on my screen such as in videos, games or even word documents, the object almost has a blue shadow. It's hard to describe
Is there anything I can do to get rid of it?

Look up inverse ghosting and see if that describes it

Damn. Last time I had windows the bro-tier computer shop guy hooked me up with a disc and a code.

>windows will often have a hissy fit and think you've moved the hard drive to a different computer.

Just out of curiosity, why does this happen?

Not everyone wants all the features
Most people just want the film and thats it

How do I merge the unallocated space with /dev/sda5? Do I need to do it from a Live CD?

Raw DVD rips are common on private trackers
You don't rip it as a raw ISO though, you run the vobs through decryption and make things nice and tidy.

Windows thinks the computer is the motherboard, so if you change the motherboard, it thinks it's a new computer

What is the lowest entry c# job?

yea it's like that, except with mine it's not quite as intense, and the ghost is blue, and even then on things that aren't blue

What monitor do you have?

I am a weeb, I want Japanese Zootopia

Is there anything like Sandboxie for Linux? From what I can find chroot seems to be similar but unless I misunderstand something, it takes a lot of work to set up since you need to create the environment for the executable yourself instead of Sandboxie where it reads from the normal environment and then creates a sandboxed write environment?

Consider suicide

Would radioactive material similar in potency to the samples used to test Geiger counters inside a PC's case do any damage to it?

No, radioactive material is perfectly save.

How does one manage to do this?

i heard running your own mail server is a good way to lose your mail, can someone explain the risks? i know nothing about IMAP and shit.

The risks are you might be a retard who doesn't make backups

A CRT monitor is potentially more dangerous.

So basically my old laptop probably had a really pathetic sRGB coverage?

but like, if your mail server goes down what happens? can mail just not get sent to you? or is there some kind of buffer in place?

It may be worthwhile if you already have a VPS or such for other uses. I wouldn't do it on a residential connection because the uptime will be less than 100%.

I'm using a grandfathered gratis Google Apps account with my own domain.

Whoever tried to send it usually gets an error or notification. You will not ever get it, no.

i was doing K&R and in the second excercise with the celcius/fahrenheit converter when i saved it it didnt create an output file

do you know why that is?

A lot of systems will periodically retry if it fails to deliver, so it won't necessarily be gone.

I took my phone to an independent shop to get the screen fixed. A few week's later the screen cracked again, while it was in my pocket and I wasn't touching it. I went back to the shop and asked them to fix it for free (as they give a 30-day warranty with all their repairs), but they said that a cracked screen doesn't come under the terms of the warranty. Am I being jewed here?

Also, if they refuse to fix it, am I being a petty little bitch if I leave a negative review on their Facebook page? I feel like it's the only power that I, the customer, has.

>Downloading from iTunes
>Want SD version of a movie because small iPad storage size
>Says SD versions is 4 GB
>Tell it to download that one
>Download size is 7GB
WHY?! Please help, I'm leaving on my trip tomorrow. What the fuck is happening?

>not fixing the phone yourself

Unless you bought some irrepairable phone like an HTC One, just DIY from now on.

Acer XG270HU

What are some cheap laptops with good 1080p displays?

Got my eyes on an Asus UX305FA right now for 900 kangaroos, is there any other laptop I should consider?

It's an Xperia Z2, are they easy to fix? The fucking screen has broken 6 times now, so it would probably be a pretty useful skill for me to learn.

>iTunes
Found your problem

I can't help it if people give me iTunes cards.

You can not use them

According to phonearena it's an easy to repair phone

phonearena.com/news/Sony-Xperia-Z2-gets-disassembled--its-very-easy-to-repair_id54600