Faster than fury non-x for $250

AMD on suicide watch confirmed!

Other urls found in this thread:

sweclockers.com/test/22360-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060/5#content
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125879&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL071916&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL071916-_-EMC-071916-Index-_-DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14125879-S0B
babeltechreviews.com/hd-7970-vs-gtx-680-2013-revisited/
youtu.be/frNjT5R5XI4?t=438
guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_1060_review,17.html
youtu.be/3W7WX6pjL-M?t=161
hardocp.com/article/2016/07/19/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1060_founders_edition_review/4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Founders Edition GTX 1060 is the undisputed value king now.

>1600x900

Holy shit, RIP 480

>dx 11

>BF3

For fuck sake TPU, fuck sake. I know why they pick BF3 - Nvidia responds better to overclocks in that game than what GCN does.

There is no other reason to use such an old game when newer games tax hardware better.

>claims 1060 is faster when is clearly getting 11 fps average

It beats 480 in all games, DX12 and DX11

> faster than GTX 980 for $250
> Nvidia on suicide watch confirmed!
FTFY.

Thats not what Guru3d is showing.

"$250"
I mean that's great, I'd anyone sold it for that

480 is getting raped sweclockers.com/test/22360-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060/5#content
Use translate if you don't know of Swedish

Guru3d shows that AMD stutters in most DX12 games

>BUTTMAD AYYMDPOORFAGS DETECTED

GTX 980 discontinued in April

Available nowhere

DELETE

So is AMD pretty much over right?

How long until they declare bankruptcy?

Bunch in stock here.

Cheapest card 290€ so far.

They will ride it out for a few years then they're done

From techpowerup review:

"It seems that GTX 1060 is everything that AMD wanted RX 480 to be."

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Nvidia, the King's of the master race in one fell swoop just killed both their competition and every console out there.

Hope the nx uses nvidia, kek.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125879&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL071916&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL071916-_-EMC-071916-Index-_-DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14125879-S0B

GTX 1060 FOR $250

BE FAST IF YOU WANT ONE

SICK BURN

$249 holy shit, 480 is seriously dead

wow actually $250

rip amd

From techpowerup review:

"Should there be actual GTX 1060 cards in the market at $249, then this will destroy any hopes of AMD, because then GTX 1060 will beat it in Performance per Dollar too, with no clear wins left for AMD to convince potential buyers."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>780ti as fast as 980
wtf

HOLY SHIT

Thank fucking god I'm not an AMD fag
>t-t-there's no way the 1070 will beat the Titan X, just look at the cores!
>t-t-the 1060 won't beat the 980
>480 will be as fast as the 980 and rival the 980 Ti in DX12
>480 won't just be a paper launch like the 1070/1080 (meanwhile I have a non-founders 1070 installed while there are STILL no AIB 480s and you have to get the absolutely abysmal reference design)
AMD just lost in every aspect besides async, which I admit, is a rather huge fuckup on nVidia's side.

b-but DX12 and Vulkan!

>same card where I live is about 360 euros
>reference Rx480 is anywhere between 310 to 330
>mfw when expecting both to be 300 euros

They'll just shitpost about gimping, don't worry, not that it's true.

babeltechreviews.com/hd-7970-vs-gtx-680-2013-revisited/

Blame your Euroc u c k VAT 20-25%

Sucks for anyone who bought a 480 already, then this comes out.

If the GTX 1060 will match the price of the RX 480 AMD will go bankrupt.
Fucking hell Pajeet you fucking lost.

Is there really any hope left for Vega, at this point? Do people honestly believe that Vega will be the perfect chip now that Polaris was pretty much underwhelming when compared to Pascal?
Will async be enough to hold AMD over water?

Well they did it to themselves. the 480 comes out, it's underwhelming, but it's good value, but then the prices skyrocket so it stops being worth buying.
And loads of people who bought it at the not-worth-it-at-all-you-fucking-idiot prices are going to be mad and probably blame AMD for their own stupidity or something.

>www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202186
>Fury Nitro
>$299
>coupon PP2016BTS
>$275

Im going to get a gtx 1070 and have narrowed it down to choices, though I don't know much about graphics cards so I'd appreciate your input.

Palit GTX 1070 GameRock Premier Edition vs the Inno3D GTX 1070 iChill Air Boss X3

Palit Pros:
>Core Clock: 1670MHz vs Inno3D 1620MHz
>Boost Clock: 1873MHz vs Inno3D 1820MHz
>Memory: 8500MHz vs Inno3D 8200MHz

Palit Cons:
>Only available for preorder whereas I can get the Inno3D today.
>It only has a 2 year warranty while the Inno3D has a 3 year warranty
>The Palit looks ugly as fuck, I don't really care too much about how it looks though

Do the differences in core, boost and memory make much a difference at all? or is it better to have the 3 year warranty?

It's already a better value, there are 1060s available for $249

anyone who bought a reference 480 even after the overclock scandal (ref cards top out at 1350mhz, less than 100mhz over base clock, meanwhile AIBs are already rumored to be getting much better clocks) and motherboard killing scandal is either retarded or a blind fanboy.

Fucking savage

>Hitman
>They actually had a dx12 game benchmark
>Oh wait, they didn't use it because "its buggy"

>Rise of the Tomb Raider
>DX12

So we can confer that this is not a future proof card at all?

Why are they shying from DX12?

>be Pajeet
>working hard for rupees cleaning designated shitting streets
>in free time shill hard for AYYYMD for couple more rupees
>finally have enough to buy glorious RX 480
>GTX 1060 get released soon after
>GTX 1060 destroys RX 480
>mfw

>posts founders edition benchmarks
no 1060 will sell for $250 for 2-3 months. The first models to actually sell for $250 will have worse coolers than the founders edition and perform worse.

Reminder that the "Founders Edition" is a marketing trick by Nvidia to make the reference design get good benchmarks.

Dear God, nvidia shills are everywhere today.

The RX480 is going to improve over time with better drivers you stupid fucks, meanwhile the GTX1060 is going to get gimped in less than a year.

Sup Forums only uses AMD.

GTFO of Sup Forums n/v/idiots.
Go back to Sup Forums where you belong.

there's already non reference models for 250$ up on newegg
Just give up, you lost

Nope. Not until the majority of people upgrade to windows 10 thanks to dx12

probably because there are no brand-agnostic dx12/vulkan games yet, they're all waiting evolved memes (hitman, aots) or full goyimworks (tomb raider)

Uhh bro there's a $249 1060 right above you in this thread

>only USA exists

Why so mad?

The value of the 1060 is worse than AMD's 480 according to computerbase.de. The 1060 is only 6% faster. Also you can get a 480 with 4 gigs of ram 50€/$ cheaper

>marketing truck by nvidia to make the reference design get good benchmarks

>Hitman DX12
Reason is because of this.

Or this

I'm getting a 1060 anyway because AMD cards/drivers have little quirks that Nvidia usually doesn't.

This is probably a result of Nvidia having more marketshare so it's better supported but that doesn't change the reality of the situation.

OUT OF STOCK
U
T

O
F

S
T
O
C
K

Very true

Nvidia cards are just way more stable, and put off less heat and use less power

Yes, Hitman is buggy on DX12.

>obsolete in one year
Nvidiots on suicide watch

Same but mainly because I have a weakish CPU and amd drivers have overhead that can impact performance on weaker cpus that these reviews never show since they're all done with overclocked top of the line hardware.
see here: youtu.be/frNjT5R5XI4?t=438

You're honestly shitting on nVidia for having third party cards going out of stock on launch day when there's still not a single third party 480 that has been shipped, several weeks after release?

Buyer remorse already? But you just got your RX 480.

>guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_1060_review,17.html
Looks like they're using DOOM OpenGL mode for their showcase.

Shying away from Vulkan/Async compute because it would absolutely rekt 1060.

Holy shit I didn't know that. Even more of a reason to go #TeamGreen

>Nvidia can't even into DX12
>I'm choosing it because AMD has little quirks
Wew, lad

There are no 1060 available anywhere. Another paper launch?

I mean it's pretty easy to sell a bunch for cheap to make it seem like a great value, but then have no stock to create an imaginary demand so they have an excuse to raise prices.

>implying everyone will downgrade to botnet 10

Why are AYYMDrones shilling so hard for an API that only work on a literal botnet?

enjoy bro

Hell the 1060 might end up consistently performing worse than the RX 480 on DX12 and I'm still getting the 1060 because of those quirks.

>7-8% faster
>9-20% more expensive
>worse OC potential than 480 with custom cooler
>Nvidiots celebrate it as a victory

>AMD can't into DX11/DX9
>most games are DX11/DX9
Wew, lad

Uhh 1060 even destroys 480 in DX12 and everything

Nice resolution

Oh no, I only have to put up with completely fine performance on DX11 what will I do

The two quirks that I remember as of late, from both companies:
nVidia:
>Sell card as 4gb
>Actually is 3.5 + 5gb

AMD:
>Sell card as 4gb
>Actually is 8gb

You might be able to afford a 750 in two years of toy keep this up, rajeesh

Really though, Nvidia has got no clue what they're doing, they just slap some more money at it and then some at game developers.

It's an even better value than the 480, there is literally no reason to get a 480 at this point

You can get the 8GB version for almost that much cheaper depending on your country

not a very future proof gpu, sorry

Zero reliable sources for that. It's hilarious how you AMD fans never stop praying, always hoping for that wonder that will pull you out of your ditch

It overclocks better than the 480 so far but that might change when custom cards come out that aren't running so close to the power limit of a 6pin power connector.
Where the hell are the custom cards anyway? they're taking forever.

thats a dx11 bench you fucking shill

Uhh no it's not moron, that's Tomb Raider in DX12, check techpowerup

>Vulkan
Is funny how you fuckers cry "gimping" when a game uses gayworks and tess but want all the benchmarks to be done in an API that is derived from Mantle.
Would be funny if gayworks will evolve into an API that will become industry standard.

>nVidia performs better on DX11, AMD performance is still "completely fine"
>AMD performs better by about the same margin on DX12, shit on nVidia for weeks on end

[citation needed]

DF is reporting similar results: youtu.be/3W7WX6pjL-M?t=161
They mention at 0:40 that it's even doing that with the async update.

Crying so hard you can't see anymore, user? Should I get a napkin for you or something?

Thats DX12 for Rise of Tomb Raider. But DX11 and DX12 are identical in performance. Its literally just a DX11 title at this point.

>RX 480 4GB nowhere in the chart

There's a difference between gameworks and vulkan.
Gameworks is specifically made to give nvidia gpu a boost. Vulkan is just an API, every manufacturers can implement it the specifications are open.

with a custom aircooler the reference 480 clocks to 1350Mhz (15% over stock boost clocks)
Source: PCgameshardware
Recent leak claimed Powercolor RX 480 will have 1400Mhz boost clocks out of the box.

1060 only OC's 10% and even custom models aren't better. Custom 480 will completely rape it.

>480
>oc potential
>frying boards left and right already

Vulkan GIVES performance to ALL cards. AMD simply gains 20-50% more performance whereas nvidia gains 1-5%

Gameworks and extreme tessellation, LOSES performance to ALL cards. Nvidia simply loses 10-20% while AMD loses 30-40%.

One is proprietary, other is open standards.

hardocp.com/article/2016/07/19/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1060_founders_edition_review/4

480 still shits on 1060 with vulkan.

I haven't even seen one reviewed yet.
It's a shame, I want to see if the 8gb even does anything but no one is testing them.

Remember the leaks that said reference RX480 will OC like a monster reaching 1.4 to 1.5 Ghz? Yeah, no, citation still needed. It would be awesome if chip would constantly hit 1.5 Ghz.

>with a custom aircooler the reference 480 clocks to 1350Mhz (15% over stock boost clocks)
Still not enough to beat the 1060 OC. You don't really want us to compare a 480 OC to a refernce 1060 now, do you?

>Recent leak claimed Powercolor RX 480 will have 1400Mhz boost clocks out of the box.
>Recent leak
>as an answer to someone demanding reliable sources