GTX 1060

techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1060/

tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-pascal,4679.html

NDA has been lifted.

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-1060-review,1.html
hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/73040-nvidia-gtx-1060-6gb-review.html
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125879&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL071916&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL071916-_-EMC-071916-Index-_-DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14125879-S0B
newegg.com/videocards/PromotionStore/ID-1170
techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_1060_Gaming_X/27.html
nowinstock.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-1060-review,1.html

hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/73040-nvidia-gtx-1060-6gb-review.html

What am I missing? Anand's is late as usual.

nice power consumption! Lower than 480

good performance as well, better than 480

And price is higher. But overall a good launch.

$250 (as founders) is hardly higher for that much gains

Will need to read a lot of reviews and make an average guess. Toms lists the 1060 at around 20% more powerful than the 480, meanwhile on hexus the gap shrinks to less than 10%

>tfw guru3D benches DOOM in OpenGL, not Vulcan

So overall the performance is very similar to the RX 480, some 5% faster because of the many DX11 games tested. It costs 30% more, and in return consumes 30% less power than the 480. Doesn't really OC very well either (~10%), probably non-existent on retail cards.

Still waiting for AIB 480s.

Founders edition is 300$. Good luck getting one for that money, though.

$300, friend.

5-10% on TPU. Hexus is out, eh? Thanks!

yea man 5%!

About what I expected, will save up and grab one with the prices aren't gouged

33% more performance per watt than 480 and I'm willing to pay around 40-50 bucks more for it

it's $250 here in Barbados

Are you mentally challenged?

that includes shill video games that no one plays of course

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125879&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL071916&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL071916-_-EMC-071916-Index-_-DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14125879-S0B

Does anyone know what the warranty is on the founders edition? I can't find it anywhere.

It sucks that Nvidia just has to take such a revolutionary leap in GPU performance and jew the fuck out of it with its FE pricing bullshit.

I understand on some level that it is the only way to have AMD still survive and compete with its 16nm semi-failure, but it's maddening.

>YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GET A 1060 FOR LESS THAN $300 AT LAUNCH

are you? look at the overclock page where the card comes within spitting distance of a stock 980ti.

comparing reference vs reference is retarded, you should never pass up 15-25% free performance.

>out of stock
Good one. Now show one that's actually available.

That feel when the GTX 1060 is for sale at 369€ (407 USD) in Spain

it available on nvidia's website right now for $300.

Sorry. You need to be faster next time.

Comparing OC results on reference cards is stupid. Get a good AIB of both GPUs and then compare.

newegg.com/videocards/PromotionStore/ID-1170

All the newegg cards here.

It was in stock for a few minutes. We will what happens to the price when it restocks.

"Should there be actual GTX 1060 cards in the market at $249, then this will destroy any hopes of AMD, because then GTX 1060 will beat it in Performance per Dollar too, with no clear wins left for AMD to convince potential buyers."

I don't want one. The 1060 is probably going to sell the same 1000 units/week as the 1070/80. It's another paper launch. Expect prices to double by tomorrow.

that's the price going forward even 1 month from now

So, like a 20% increase in price for about a 10% gain.

no dx12 no vulkan no non gameworks games lel
that is some nice shill bench tpu

Shows up in stock again. Still $250.

And newegg generally doesn't just increase prices like that.

>Comparing OC results on reference cards is stupid.

they point was that you shouldn't pass up free performance even on a reference card, seems like the AIB cards are OCing even better than goyim edition already too

techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_1060_Gaming_X/27.html

The 480 is selling like mad. OCUK alone has 5000 units on backorder. And that's just one shop in the UK.
That's why we don't see AIB 480s yet. AMD can't even keep up with the orders on reference cards.

and 30% more efficient in power and temps

Do i upgrade from my 970 to this or to a 1070

Hardly worth the upgrade from a 970.

>Expect prices to double by tomorrow.
Why would the prices double, except at scalpers?

First it was
>YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GET ONE FOR LESS THAN $300 AT LAUNCH
Now it has become
>IT WAS ONLY $250 DURING LAUNCH. IT WILL DOUBLE IN PRICE SOON

Is it that hard to admit that you were wrong?

>AMD can't even keep up with the orders on reference cards.

hope those people get their preorders refunded. AMD only shipped reference cards for launch day because of the defective PCB and poor yields.

Agreed. The only site that benched DOOM so far ran it in OpenGL, even though Vulcan performs better on both Nvidia and AMD cards.

1060 is more than enough for 1080p 60hz

1070 if you want to do 144hz or 1440p+

well no we have one result

>Why would the prices double, except at scalpers?

Because those will be the only units on the market, as it is going to be out of stock everywhere. Nvidia has no supply.

AMD FANS BTFO.

Thanks for sharing, havent' seen that review yet.

Anyone who actually wants one can get one. Restocks happen every few days. Unless you're slow as fuck, you can easily get one without resorting to scalpers.

i preordered the sapphire one with 8gb of ram from ocuk, its supposed to come this weekend.

did i dun goof?

Yeah also set up notifications

And nowinstock.net/ will probably have a tracker soon

>o cuck

How fitting for people who buy gimped budget hardware

So gtx 1060 OC is 5-6fps (average) ahead of the RX 480 OC for 50 freedom bucks more. Which gpu is the better value?

I would cancel or return it if you can

this is what the future will look like.

all the people buying nvidia cards based on last year's DX11 games are stupid. Low level APIs are the future. It'll either be DX12 or Vulkan, and AMD gains in both. The 1060 doesn't hold enough of an advantage now to make up for that.

Nah, I'm planning on a Nitro as well. Sapphire has done very well with the last two series, it'll be a top card.
Lighting might top it, but at a price premium.

Roughly equal, if the difference is $50. RX 480 is the better buy if the price difference is higher, and GTX 1060 is the better buy if the price difference is lower.

Yeah man, all of those people buying a $200 budget card from AMD that performs as well as a last gen budget card are really fowarding-thinking and future-proofing their rigs.

i actually expected many of those "reputable" sites to actually do a fair bench between them but no..

very few used vulcan
even less used dx12 games

no hope

Considering the general trend towards DX12/Vulcan, the 480.
Unless you're mostly playing older games, then maybe the 1060.

Not even close, the 1060 destroys the 480 in DX12 and DX11

Where are the DX12 and Vulkan benchmarks that were all over for the 480

what general trend? the only real dx12 game so far has a huge advantage for nvidia, the rest are just glorified tech demos.

I love how all other review sites and specially retards in this board pretend this image doesn't exist while hurrying people to buy the card.
You guys always said that iSheep was the worst and look at you now.

Fucking pathetic.

why? the only demanding game i like playing is hitman and it looks like it runs that fine.

Depends on how much of a perfectionist you are. The 1060 is better than the 480 in every way, but if you don't want the hassle of a return, then don't worry about it.

well if you take tpu out of the shill bin no 1060 is def not a better card lol..
its behind on dx12
its behind on vulcan
its behind on non gameworks games
pretty much its behind in everything 2016 is shaping to be

Hitman DX11, and the 480 still wins. Expect a bigger lead once they polish that DX12 mode (seems to have a couple bugs right now, that's why TPU benched in DX11 mode)

DX12

1060 destroys 480

>min fps: 1
DELET THIS

Haven't you heard, RotTR doesn't count because of reasons
Hitman and Ashes totally count though despite both being AMD sponsored titles

Perhaps DX12/Vulkan will rule all future games. Perhaps not. Perhaps it will take 3-5 years for DX12 to be the norm, same as it did for DX11. We do not know the future. For now though, we have benches of current games, and the GTX 1060 is winning.

>nvidia's lowend office card completely destroys amd's midend gaming card

Kinda sad. But hey at least AMD spends money on cool parties.

>192 bit

MY COUNTRY

$294 for an aftermarket 1060
$294 for an reference rx 480

Is it an easy pick for Nvidia?

it took them 7 patches to fix rotr and even that no one actually benched on the latests patch lol i guess using rotr async is a no no
actually we do we already have 16 games out with dx12/vulcan/mantle and we expect 6 more pretty sure its a good start compared to what dx11 did on its first year..(0)

GTX1060 is in no way low end.

Raja spent too much time partying and pooing in the GPU, now AMD is going bankrupt

Yes.

>980ti still got near similar average FPS.
>Fury X dropped by 50%

Explain this Nvidiots.

>comparing benchmarks between different setups

Are AMDummies really this retarded?

Dude they could put angel tears running at 500mhz in there as long as it makes it perform well, who gives a fuck about specs, only results matter.

>fuck yeah our best card right now is mediocre again, better party like there is no tomorrow

Yeah nope.
~€370 for non reference in Portugal so around the same for Spain.
No way it can compete with the RX480 price-wise. I mean if I am gonna spend €370 for a marginally better RX480 I may as well go full retard and get the 1070 for €500.

From the looks of it, doesn't really matter much to be honest.

This is what he does with all the money he got from the idiots who bought a 480

Got a 1060 from Newegg, but I'd prefer a 480. Too bad the 480s are never in stock.

As an aside, here's how fast the 1060 sold out-
Best Buy- 5 minutes
Amazon- 10 minutes
Newegg- Other than that $320- 30 minutes

>Different setup somehow favor more on Nvidia.

KEK NICE JOB GOYIM.

>More expensive card performs better
Amazing.

Hey falcon when are you going to upgrade your i5 2500k 560 ti build?

I have the same and am wondering when in going to get a huge leap for my money

1060 is not lowend. Moreover, it's more expensive and performs almost on par with the 480. Not only that, but it simply doesn't do async, so the 480 is miles ahead on dx12/vulkan titles.

Almost. Aftermarket is always significantly better than reference, but 1060 can't into async.

The most important part of the decision is whether that pricetag is for the 6GB 1060 or the 3GB version. Not only is 3GB too little nowadays, but the 3GB version is NOT the same as the 1060 except with less ram (as the 480's 4GB version is), but rather a completely cut down version of the 1060 in all aspects.

1060 is both faster than a 480 and a better deal. It's also way more power efficient. As techpowerup said so eloquently:

"Should there be actual GTX 1060 cards in the market at $249, then this will destroy any hopes of AMD, because then GTX 1060 will beat it in Performance per Dollar too, with no clear wins left for AMD to convince potential buyers."

As we've already seen, it is available for $249.

>>i5 2500k 560 ti
>>am wondering when in going to get a huge leap for my money

ILike, now? Or at the very least after the new aftermarket GPU stocks (and prices) stabilize.
Though you can prolly still rock with the i5 for another year or two depending on Zen.

>only results matter.

What results?

1060 is utterly shit.

You either get rx480 or 1070.

Ok, after looking through around a dozen reviews now, average seems to be 10% above the 480. Not enough for the 50€ extra I'm seeing imho. I saw one 1060 for 310€ already, but from experience I'm not touching palit with a 10 feet pole.
Plan is decided, if I find a massive sale over a 970 or above, I don't mind going one generation older, otherwise 480 it is.

1060 is a no brainer, get it before they sell out

yes but tpu is so reliable as me saying im god..

using games that no one plays anymore
not using dx12 games at all
not using doom vulcan at all
literally benching an nvidia card on nvidia games
its stupid beyond understanding and the sad part is they dont even care