>Far Cry Primal
>Assassin's Creed Unity
>Crysis 3
>Star Wars: Battlefront
The RX 480 beats the 1060 in:
>Ashes of the Singularity DX12
>Hitman DX12
>Hitman DX11

At 1440p and 4K, the same thing happens, only their scores are a little bit closer.

The pricing of both cards is still pretty weird, though. They're both at around $350 in Amazon (can't compare Newegg prices because I can't find the 1060 there).
youtube.com/watch?v=Kh0aK4q7Foo
youtube.com/watch?v=3W7WX6pjL-M
youtube.com/watch?v=WtWIuaGsrjg
youtube.com/watch?v=lBlCUV6TwiY
youtube.com/watch?v=mF4S5ZaXdgE

The price/performance ratio is still favoring the RX 480, however, as it beat the 1060 in every dollar/frame benchmark.
It also seems like the RX 480 runs about 12º Celsius hotter than the 1060.

Who's the winner?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125879&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL071916&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL071916-_-EMC-071916-Index-_-DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14125879-S0B
evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-6161-KR
techpowerup.com/223913/amd-retail-radeon-rx-480-4gb-to-8gb-memory-unlock-mod-works-we-benchmarked
pcgamer.com/what-exactly-is-nvidias-gtx-1080-founders-edition/
geizhals.de/?cat=gra16_512&xf=1440_RX 480
geizhals.de/?cat=gra16_512&xf=1439_GTX 1060#xf_top
gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2518-nvidia-gtx-1060-review-and-benchmark-vs-rx-480/page-4
hardocp.com/article/2016/07/19/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1060_founders_edition_review/4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can buy the card for 250$ already

Gtx 1060, because no one plays ashes of the singularity.

AMDEAD
M
D
E
A
D

no one plays RTS games in general

The 480 is supposed to be $200.
If you buy it for more than $250 you're getting jewed.
But people still don't realise this, thinking that it's such an amazing card it has value even with $100 extra put on

It's like; No you fucking idiots stop buying it at $350 are you retarded

yuro here i bought msi 1070 for $603 with no regrets. 2 years ago i also bought 970 for around $500. it's just the way it is. buy the fucking gpu and enjoy it

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125879&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL071916&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL071916-_-EMC-071916-Index-_-DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14125879-S0B

$250

Where the fuck do you live
Austrian here, just bought my MSI 1070 for around 500 euros. For my 970 shortly after it came out I paid 350, but the euro was a lot stronger at that time

But more importantly, literally nobody plays ashes

You spent a total of 1100$, when you could've just bought a 980ti from the get-go for cheaper than those two combined, and still have the same performance you do now.

Nvidia might be assholes, but they fully know their business model works because of retards like you.

Oh wow if all 1060's are at around that price then Nvidia has won

>launch day
>nvidia shits the bed yet again on supply

color me shocked

Because the 980 Ti came out at the same time as the 970 you fucking retard

$310 for Asus here in Czechia

480 cost same

>justifying spending money for no reason
You knew the ti would come shortly after, just like you know the ti version will come in a couple months to the 1000 series. You're just not good with money, admit it.

It barely beats rx 480.

I'll stay with AMD this time.

>amd dead
> 10 cents lose in stock price
>still over valued by 2 dollars more

you are a retard please go back to Sup Forums

I'm not even that guy, but that's like saying he'd be retarded getting the Ti because he knows a year later the next series'll be out
There's always something better coming on the horizon, except when you are an AMD fan I guess

How it looks in Portugal

Hooo wee boyz, there is a RX 480 for 219€ where I'm buying, +20€ shipping, should I go for it? I think I could sell and replace my GTX 950.

But people play DOOM.

>filename related
This is how it looks like in finland

Nobody has compared the RX 480 and the 1060 in DOOM yet. Richard from Digital Foundry said that they would test both cards in DX12, so we'll see how they compete then.

RX480 for 285€ or GTX1060 for 275€ in Slovakia. I'll wait a few months and get the OC GTX1060 for a decent price. AMD is done here, there are not going to sell shit with these prices.

Also add these

>1060 beats 480 in
Doom OpenGL mode

>480 beats 1060 in
Doom vulkan mode/async mode
Total War: Warhammer DX12 mode

1060 is bad
480 is new
pick your poison

1080p the rest doesn't even matter.

why even care if you're running low end single gpus, running SLI/crossfire benchmarks is where it's at

You can't SLI GTX 1060

Its a new feature Nvidia gives us.

Both cards do 1080p at high or ultra. At this point, it comes down to which one is cheaper for you, get that one.

Those prices are outrageous, as an expat European paying dollar prices, GPUs are so expensive and rare in europe, they need a european factory and tariffs asap

Americans wouldn't have any sense of the value of the euro but that's simply outrageous especially for eastern europe

around 10 years go the same market segment card would be half price, the US market is just so strong for tech and the commercial enterprise usages driving it

Where the fuck can I buy this card? When I look, only best buy has it and it's sold out.

All new cards are sold out.

Its upgrade season for most people

It is a paper launch.
It won't be generally available until end of august.

Well, GTX1060 MSRP is $250, which is 271€ with VAT. RX480 has MSRP $240, or 262€. Only AMD prices are unreasonable.
But yes, that pretty much more than a half of the minimal wage here.

Plenty of them are available in Europe, the cheapest and the most expensive one at least.

All of these release day 1 reviews do not include DOOM because Nvidia provided a list of games that were allowed to be tested and DOOM was not included because it would reflect poorly on the 1060.

None of them sell for MSRP, that's the point. They sell for much higher, even past the value with VAT included.

This is why.

GTX1060 is 4€ more than MSRP. They have no obligation to sell at MSRP.

Yep

my mum bought me a 660 when I was 12 and I've been a loud obnoxious fanboy ever since

We can guess that the average for RX480 and 1060 is about 7% in favor of nVidia in DX11 titles and games that use no async computes.

The reverse becomes true once DX12/Vulkan/Async are taken into account. (32% difference in DOOM, 19% difference in Hitman, 9% difference in Ashes of Singularity, 5% in Total War: Warhammer)

So games have to make a choice between DX11/OpenGL and DX12/Vulkan. Between the old API and the new API.

What a fucked up dilemma

Can Sli but multi-adapter should work isn't it?

*can't sli

>can't even SLI the 1060

Multi-adapter and custom-game dev specific sli would work. But nvidia doesn't support it.

Its all up to developers of the game to use their own code or the DX12/Vulkan multi-adapter code.

I'm hoping that nvidia's new "no-sli" feature forces developers to actually use DX12 multi-adapter feature.

Well sli and crossfire scales pretty bad compared to multi-adapter where we've seen up to 95% scaling so i hope so.

sad but true

Amazon prices are scalped you fucking retards. MSRP for 1060 is $249, which is evident by the manufacturer sites: evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-6161-KR

techreport.com preview

Holy shit jewidia btfo

Well? Are you buying a GPU for the next 2/3 years? Or for the past 2/3 years?

I personally don't give a shit about getting 70fps rather than 60fps in current games but I like to know that my GPU will still pull its weight in 3 years.

I seen no reason to get a 1060, at all. It's a dud.

Why does AMD choose to be so bad?

>shilling fake benchmarks

Are you retarded or something?

AMD is finished!

>mfw Linus cuck tips reviewed the 1060 in DX11 only

keep Sup Forums shit in

Nobody buys the standard GTX 1060.
The overclocked GTX 1060s are superb.

In Germany the GTX 1060 is more expensive than the RX480, not a surprise.

Each to their own.
If you want an energy-efficient card, you get the GTX 1060.

If you want to spend less money, the RX480.

At least they didn't pull one of AMD's clusterfucked paper launches

There are no "standard GTX 1060"

There are FE GTX 1060 (higher binned) and aftermarket 1060 (normal binned).

I suspect higher binned aftermarket will come months later.

>The 480 is supposed to be $200.

It's not though.

Its consistently $199 for the 4GB model.

>reference
>4gb

'no'

4GB is actually 8GB with bios hack

It's not though.

techpowerup.com/223913/amd-retail-radeon-rx-480-4gb-to-8gb-memory-unlock-mod-works-we-benchmarked

Since I am playing Doom right now (well in those moments I feel like it as I am not an obsessive gamer) this was just one thing influenced my buying decision. The others were price. Performance overall. Longevity (DX12 and Vulkan are not going away and Time Lie is full of shit btw). VRAM for large textures. Added value like Sapphire's removable fans and lengthy warranty. Basically several factors weigh in the Nitro+'s favor. At least for me in the UK. Also Nvidia still probably has that 23,976Hz/fps but to my HDTV where I have to set a fucking custom profile to get it to show movies correctly.

>but=bug
fixed

You forgot
>GTX1060 doesn't blow up your mobo

>There are FE GTX 1060 (higher binned)
There is nothing different about he Founder's Edition.
They are not higher binned.
They are not special.
They do not have a better cooler.
pcgamer.com/what-exactly-is-nvidias-gtx-1080-founders-edition/

>Not knowing how to download a driver update
>Not waiting for AIB cards anyway

>believing FUD in the first place

Fanboys overlook one interesting detail on the reference 1060s.

It doesn't use a standard 6-pin power connector on the PCB which means you have to resort to wire spicing if you want to use third-party HSF solutions and waterblocks.

AiB 1060 will certainly opt for the standard 6-pin/8-pin PCIe power connector.

Founder Editions = Buttfucked No-lube Edition

which one is better for overwatch

I dont know how they are selling for 275euro in Slovakia in Lithuania cheapest 1060gtx is 424euro. Fucking joke.

The RX480 is getting slaughtered at their current price point in Europe.
Cheapest 8GB reference is 269€.
geizhals.de/?cat=gra16_512&xf=1440_RX 480

You can get a good custom GTX 1060 for 279€.

Either AMD partners hurry up with their cards or retailers have to massively slash prices to compete.

Think i'll choose a non ref 480 and play now games decently and future games even better.

>buying a card from a bankrupt company

Hope you didn't want drivers for that.

i think for europoors like me its best idea to buy from ze germans desu, in germany its like 150euro cheaper then in my country some fucking joke alright.

this seems decent should i?

>if you are on a tight budget get the rx 480 for $200
>otherwise get the 1060 for slightly more fps and lower power consumption for $50 more

/thread

So the 1060 beats 480 in goyworks titles. What a surprise!!!

>Founder Editions = Buttfucked No-lube Edition

Isn't that usually the case?

The gtx 1060 cost around 400 to 450 euro. What kind of jew shit is this. For another 50 i can get a gtx 1070 easily.

buy from ze germans

thats what im planning to do, shipping is like 15-20euro

Keep in mind that none of the cards at the 279€ price point are in stock anymore. Most retailers also don't have a date when they restock.

what i find strange how nvidia is already selling custom 1060 for same price as RX480 stock and there is no custom RX480, wtf? Why we must wait 1month for custom RX480

>Nvidia's cards perform better, are more power efficient, and are cooler, overclock better but are more expensive

>AMD cards perform worse, are less power efficient, run hotter but are cheaper.

Rince and repeat every generation of graphics cards for the last 4 years.

21st was the date something somewhere pointed for the Sapphire version. August for the ASUS version, who knows.

What kind of shady ass place is that. Obv scams..

The RX 460 at $99

or the 470 is probably going to end up being the performance per dollar king

That channel is horrible with it's reviews, it has a huge team with tons of resources at their disposal, and they just dribble out the most barebones videos

isn't quite as bad as Austin though, does he even make videos longer than 5 minutes?

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2518-nvidia-gtx-1060-review-and-benchmark-vs-rx-480/page-4

doom still doesnt have vulkan pascal drivers though, so benchmark at this point is pretty unfair in terms of comparisons.

>doom still doesnt have vulkan pascal drivers though
Just like nvidia was supposed to release A-sync drivers for maxwell? It's probably not coming, even if it does, it would probably only end up 10% more at best, about matching the 480

>Vulkan without async compute
Nice showcase

No AA = A-sync on

Yes thats a fact.

That fact and the benchmark fact are not same. Benchmark doesn't show anything about that.

Chances are its using SMAA or some other AA.

>hardocp.com/article/2016/07/19/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1060_founders_edition_review/4

This is TSSAAx8 Nightmare setting with 1080p. Average is higher than the "no AA" aka a SMAA benchmark.

doom devs are working on it themself with nvidia. i Would bet it will be around 15-20% improvement.