>better perf per wat
>less hot
>DX12 and asynchronous compute engine
>costumes are available at launch

guru3d.com/
wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-review-launch/
techpowerup.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814125879&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL071916&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL071916-_-EMC-071916-Index-_-DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14125879-S0B
techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1060/28.html
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

don't post a wccftech link on here in the rest of your lifetime ever again

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ Techpowerup
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X Review @ Techpowerup
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ Hardwarecanucks
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming Review @ Hardwarecanucks
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ HardOCP
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ Phoronix
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ Techspot
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ Eurogamer
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X Review @ Eteknix
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ Nordichardware
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ Techgage
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ Cowcotland
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ Arstechnica
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ Techradar
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ TweakTown
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ PCPerspective
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ Expreview
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ Computerbase
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ Tomshardware
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ 4Gamer
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ PCWatch
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ HKEPC
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Review @ Arabhardware

>costs more

>

m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814125879&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL071916&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL071916-_-EMC-071916-Index-_-DesktopGraphicsCards-_-14125879-S0B
They're actually selling for $250.

>He cant pay 50 extra dollars to get a gpu that is better in every single way to AMDshit

Being as poor as an AMDrone must be difficult breh

Didn't take long for buttblasted amd loser to say something. Hope your shit company goes bankrupt sooner so we don't need to see you obnoxious fucking faggots around here.

>Is actually more expensive
>Will be slower by the end of the year
>Will be gimped when the Pascal successor arrives
>6GB VRAM
>Inferior DX12 implemantation

>30-40% slower in Doom
>10-20% slower in DX12
>costs more

nice outdated card, goyvidia

>Shit that doesnt matter
>Muh gimping!
fucking dank r/AyyMD meme right there my boy

Poor AMDrones cant afford a new GPU every year so they have to settle for frying their motherboards instead

Should I buy Asus GTX 1060 or MSI GTX 1060 and why?

MSI is 25-50$ cheaper in my country

Why did they not show the 4GB RX480?
Why did they not show any DX12/Vulkan games?

That chart only shows the 8gb rx480, not the 4gb, and that's the 3gb 1060 at the bottom. The 4gb 480 would be a better value.

>Will be gimped when the Pascal successor arrives
This in and of itself, is reason enough to avoid Nvidia

>gets utterly destroyed by 480 in Doom vulkan
>actually has worse performance than 980 in vulkan
Enjoy your paperweight in a year.

I too upgrade my gpu every year so I know a lot about them and i an with you.

>"NICE MEME FAGGOT"
>Uses out of date exaggerated meme as retort
Wat

The 4GB model is being wholly ignored so it's pretty much a non factory anyway. I don't think anyone has actually even confirmed if they'll make a 4GB version yet.

>the honda civic is better that the porche 911 cause its cheaper

NO SLI

I just pre ordered a Nitro+ for 249 UKucks based on the 1060 reviews and pricing.

There were 2 GTX 1060's for the same price on OCUK the Palit and Gainward which I would not touch. All the others were either too expensive or only pre orders. The gains for the GTX 1060 are marginal at best for certain games and lacking for others. Overall I feel the Nitro+ is the better buy.

how much is nvidia paying for you to shill in Sup Forums, pajeet?

Saying Nvidia gimps is a meme when it outperforms AMD in every way that matters. Nobody wants Windows 10, nobody is a freetard.

Meanwhile AMD has fried motherboards due to being incompetent retards

ITS THE 6GB...

techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1060/28.html

Why would you want to SLI a mid range card?
Oh right, special needs.

>a more expensive card performs better

WOW NO WAY

Wait, I'm confused. I thought we hated multi-GPU environments? Or do we only do that when it's the other guy?

Much as I'd like the Nitro I'm sick shit of waiting. If I order tonight I'll have a 1060 at my doorstep before the Nitro is even in stock anywhere.

>better
not really, that's the hilarious thing. just look at the guru3d review.

Does anyone know her name?

NVIDIOTS CAN'T STUMP THIS, BTFO

If you can get a 'good' Nvidia partner 1060 for $249 it's a good buy. Go for it. This coming from an AMD fan.

Avoid shit brands and reference though.

We do currently but as DX12 and Vulkan take hold we can add another GPU later for a boost in performance. This is another reason I chose the Nitro+ over the 1060. I can pop another Nitro+ or whatever in later if I need to. Sure you can mix and match green andd red cards in mGPU in DX12 and Vulkan but I would rather not since I can still CF those titles that support it.

I'm still hoping AMD will lower its price to MSRP standards even the 3rd party ones or even lower by September, currently it looks bad.

I really want to buy a 3rd party AMD so I can play them CEMU and RPCS3, which I heard is better with AMD due to vulkan.

And Vulkan supported games looks good. Unreal Engine 4 also use Vulkan so that's a lot of upcoming games outside of Dota 2 and Doom

Seems like the 1050 will be an actual direct competitor in the same price point.

These benchmarks are bullshit and you know it. They are heavily undercutting every single card in there.

Just look up Ellen Baker ahegao cosplay

>Higher price.
>Worse DX12 Performance.
>Gonna get gimped a year later or less.
Yeah, no.

>founders edition $299
Good look finding one for less than that, third party will be even more expensive pike $350 probably. Sure prices are always high at first, (see amd) but nviduas price issue is not going to be dixed any time soon aince their shady pricing.

Is it worth jumping to anything in this generation if I fell for the 970 meme?

I'm asking myself the same question

480 would be a minor upgrade but I could just stick the 970 in another PC and not have to deal with shitty Nvidia blob drivers or FPS dips in high vram usage games.

>out of stock
Nvidia has sold some couple thousand 1080s and 1070s combined. Don't think they'll sell any quantity of 1060s soon. It's another paper launch.

Meanwhile AMD still has some 80.000 480s on backorder.

I bought a 970 last year. I have no reason to upgrade given that I run a 60Hz 1080p monitor. I'm waiting for Vega and a 1440p fressync monitor with high refresh that isn't shit.

>the 1060 beats the 480 in Ashes
Oh my god my sides.

>better
Yeah, better at rendering old shit.

Here's what happens when you throw an up-to-date API at them.
>

Prolly not. 1170 will probably have HBM2. Huge bump in performance.

nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070/
The 1070 is easy to find in stock. The 1080's production is bottlenecked by GDDR5X memory, which the 1060 doesn't use. The 1060 also uses a smaller chip than the 1070, so yields will be better.

>>faster than 480
That card is 6 years old, what did you expect?
>>less hot
I mean that's a given, right?

I think the 1060's die is even smaller than Polaris.

Hundreds of fried cards is worse from "superior" drivers

You gotta be retarded if you think nvidia doesnt gimp older cards

Nah this gen is a huge rip off.

970 was out 2 years ago. 1060/480 are now out at the same price with the same performance.

Hopefully the 1170 will be back in the $300-350 range

The die is slightly bigger than Polaris (14nm vs 16nm), but idk about the actual chip size.

Can someone remind me why ASUS gpus are trash?

I just bought a 390 because it was cheaper than any 480 (reference) or 1060 non reference.

Did I do good Sup Forums?

>gimping
>memes
>there's nothing wrong with a 780ti getting BTFO by a 290 or 970

Whatever helps you sleep at night

>Every card in stock is 100$ over MSRP

The cards are just priced so high that they collect dust on the shelves, let's not kid ourselves there.

If you pay for Nvidia ASUS they are good.

Sadly for AMD they just Ctrl-C Ctrl-V the same design as Nvidia, which is not always perfect.

he said die size not lithography

polaris has a smaller die but larger transistors

>BTFO by a 290
>GTX 780TI - 69 fps
>R9 290 - 68 fps
>BTFO

>mfw AMD has nothing going their way
>mfw AMD disappointed me again
Why can't Pajeet get something right for once?

Pajeet only recently took control AMD/Ati
his plan is to drive the gpu division to shit so Intel can buy them out

I'm not in a hurry so not a problem. But yeah if you need something right now then I understand. It's unfortunate AMD decided not to release partner cards at launch. Now they are stuck filling back orders on the fucking reference card and partners got fucked over.

Oh and those back ordered reference cards will probably now end up either cancelled or sit on the shelves due to the 1060. AMD makes some bad marketing decisions even when their hardware is good.

SHIT! LOOK OUT! HE'S GOT A BOMB!

QUICK, TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE IT BLOWS!!

The 480 is cheaper and better in modern (DX12/Vulkan) games. If you plan on using a new 1060 for less than a year, sure, you can pay that premium for a minor bump in DX11 performance. Otherwise the 480 wins.

Watch those AMD subhumans defending their subhuman product by saying 4Gb is cheaper even though they constantly bash 3-4gb vram products of Nvidia. Gas them all mods.

I dont think so

>3-4gb
You mean 3.5?

Sup AMD subhuman.

but did you mean 3.5?

So now that AMD lost, can anyone explain to me why AMD didn't start selling their cards much earlier?
They already presented working cards in january.

Actually I meant the 3gb 1060 gtx shitposting and the denial of your subhuman Pajeet race when you guys found out 3gb 1060 gtx doesn't even exist.

someone is a real fanboy fulltime

I dont care about power comp, I live next to a Nuclear Facility. Prices are extremly cheap

AMD were dicks about selling their reference card instead of launching partner cards on same day. Stupid decision. Now they have to fill back orders and partner cards are delayed.

Someone is a poor subhuman full time.

how could we know? we dont know details
I think that they rushed to get to be ahead of gtx1060
imagine the reviews if rx480 would come after the gtx1060 kek

you might think so, and for example rx480 vs 1060 it would not matter
50W difference translates to $10 annually if you game every single day for 6 hours
but boy, with the 100-160W difference... you will feel it

is it you? go home pajeet you drunk

There is nothing wrong with that.

Back to your AMD shed Pajeet.

pajeet go learn how to use toilet

post the friendship restored image

>Why would you want to SLI a mid range card?
>Oh right, special needs.

Because i can buy a mid range card in 2016, and than buy a second handed one in 2018, for 100 dollars, on ebay, and put that in sli.

Why do you think they disabled SLI on the 1060? Because people would not use it, or because people WOULD use it? Where is your logic?

I'm not asking for a triple or quaduple SLI card, I'm asking for a fucking SLI card.

I will never ever buy a 1060 if i can't put 2 in pair.

did you ever in your life sli or cfx?

>Because i can buy a mid range card in 2016, and than buy a second handed one in 2018, for 100 dollars, on ebay, and put that in sli.
This is a dumb idea most of the time. Even 2 year old graphics cards tend to be overpriced as fuck on ebay, and even so you can probably buy a GTX 1060 equivalent of the 2 years in the future day and get better performance than SLI 1060s with whatever additional features and architectural refinements are a big deal at the time.
I remember I got a GTX 460 a long time ago, the only time I wanted to upgrade it to SLI was when I first got it because it was weak. After that I just wanted a new card because it was so loud compared to new and better designs.

I don't think SLI on these cards is relevant to anyone but a handful of users' "what if fantasies". Not that I'd blame you for not buying the card for that reason. I wouldn't buy it for different reasons myself.

>multi-gpu
>multi-gpu mid range card

stop

>Nvidia's own """""benchmarks"""""

>480 8gb
>1000 kebab
>1060
>1450 kebab money

480 it is for me

Better performance per price. This may be the greatest videocard of all time.

> why did they not show teh 4GB RX480

There are multiple versions of the graph.

There are no DX 12/Vulkan games. There's like 5.

Nvidia uses gameworks to gimp their older cards not drivers. Across drivers updates, performance stays the same or increases. AMD cards get gimped too. You don't have to buy the 6GB VRAM option. It outperforms the 8GB VRAM 480 and has better price per performance.

Both have the same price per performance depending on the scenario. Also, you have to take into account OC room.

Objective information shows they don't. There are thousands of games run on old hardware which shows driver updates. Overall a slight increase in performance.

I'm just hoping that the AIB vendors get their heads out of their asses and price their shit to compete with the 1060 asap.

I just want a 240 dollar card with a DVI plug. I should've gotten a 144hz display with a fucking displayport.

>7% faster than RX480 4gig
>founders edition 50% more expensive
>cheapest version 25% more expensive

Don't fall the SLI meme. Unless DX12 does something to enable SLI for literally everything with 60-80% scaling, then don't ever bother. DX12 isn't even used that much right now anyway.

Further the 1060 supports a new kind of SLI that only works via DX12 if developers enable it. So if you really were so retarded to do SLI and a dev supported it, it would work.

DO

NOT

SLI / CF

>NVIDIA
>Directx 12
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The bad thing is that most of the games are still dx11 and when your average fag looks at reviews and sees that rx 480 is destroyed by gtx 1060 it's not a good thing.