When should I upgrade Sup Forums?

When should I upgrade Sup Forums?

When you need to.

/thread

Whenever you feel your computers performance is inadequate for your daily tasks.

Right now. An SSD.

I know that, I was just wondering as far as the standard.

What type of benefits am I seeing getting an SSD? I have taught about getting one but my third pcie slot is being blocked by my GPU.

>Zotac
Mein negro

It's pretty good huh?

>needing virtual drives on Win 10

I hope your bating, if not your an immense retard.

For the price, yeah. I got their 980 ti.

My card is pretty fucking tiny

Like how small? Mines like 13"

8'' I think

Damn that's tiny.

It is, I have it in an Optiplex machine. Performs good, and stays pretty cool even with restricted airflow.

this.

um get a SATA SSD like normal people. You can get a 240gb SSD for fairly cheap, which should be enough for your programs, OS and maybe a few games.

My third SATA port is being blocked by my GPU, I said pcie by mistake.

Can I ask for opinion too?

OP here, sure. What do you mostly do? For the most part I think your build is still good.

Games, measurement data fitting, writing small software related to said tasks and measurements control.

Your good, as long as your okay with lowering graphics quality.

And if Im not?

I mean, would RX 480/GTX 1060 be good upgrade or my CPU would bottleneck it?

Install Gentoo.

HD 7950

Your CPU would bottleneck it a bit, but most games are GPU bound not CPU bound, so a better GPU is going to give you more benefit for gaming over a CPU upgrade, even if your CPU is holding you back a bit.

Dont listen to the retarded who said HD 7950, that thing is just as old as your GTX 660, just a bit more powerful. You'd be better off with the RX480/GTX1060

overclock that shit as much as possible.

HD 7900 is just fine, maxes out everything or at high settings at least.
I have seen them for as low as $80, so you judge faggot.

Yeah lets buy a GPU that came out at the end of 2011 in mid 2016.
Ignore the fact it wont support modern API's or video decoding/encoding, but it also uses far more power than a modern GPU does. The GTX 1080 uses 180w at full draw. The GTX 1060 has a TDP of 120w. The HD 7950 TDP is 200w+ depending on the model.

And again, it wont support modern APIs, nor the more advanced software features, nor VP9 decoding, HEVC decoding, etc, etc.

> uneducated gaymer

Sure thing pal

I dont think its possible.

I had already few Blue Screens from CPU watchdog, so either my OS is unstable or worse. I hope for first option.

Besides, it already gets pretty loud.

newfag, what program do you use to get your specs

Your monitor, obviously.

Gonna need 4 more GB of RAM, a new cooler, a new monitor and then a new graphics card

Why? Its big enough already. ANd if I would increase resolution, not only everything will become so tiny that I will ahve problems reading but also games will require more powerful rig due to increased native resolution (working in lower looks worse).