Using a microwave

>using a microwave
>literally cooking your food with cancer radiation
>having a cancer machine in your home

Other urls found in this thread:

cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancers-in-general/cancer-questions/radiation-microwaves-and-cancer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Idk I'm okay with dying

Pls into how microwaves work

Hey guys and girls, I'm scared to get cancer and I have this all in one microwave/oven. If I use the oven will I get cancer?

Americans wonder why they get so much cancer

Lol so what is the alternative?

What is a stovetop and/or oven?

>stop using cancer machine
>unplug it, take outside
>OH FUCK THERE'S A GIANT CANCER MACHINE IN THE SKY!

Leftovers in the oven?
I'm way too impatient.
Cancer it is

>he fell for the skin cancer meme
That's just a marketing ploy for sun screen which does literally nothing

>2016
>not having an oven and an induction stove

>universe has cancer rays going through it just by existing

What is Non-Ionizing radiation, Alex?

you have a 100% chance of dying if you are are born. just speed it up and kill yourself on your birth.

>sun heats up through solar radiation
>literally getting cancer just by going outside
NEETs really are masterrace.

Toaster oven phaggot

RMYT

>literally cooking with radioactivity
holy shit I hate microwaves now

It's not how you think it's work. Pls wikipedia.

Microwaves it isn't radiation, but food cooked in microwave not very healthy.

Nice meme, still smells of the 90's

Do you know what radiation is? It's electromagnetic waves. So yes, Microwaves cook using radiation. And yes that radiation would cook you too (and probably give you cancer).

Microwaves aren't dangerous unless you do something retarded like rip the door off and force the door-switch to stay on. They're fine otherwise because the door and metal insides shield the radiation from escaping.

You know what else is radiation? Light. Large amounts of ultraviolet light (the shit that gives you sunburns) can give some people skin cancer.

Really forces cognitive function doesnt it?

Sup Forums is the most scientific illiterate board I've ever been on.

>"Microwaves do produce a magnetic field while they are in use. This drops sharply the further you are from the oven and doesn't last long, as you tend to cook in microwaves for very short periods. Most experts say that microwave ovens don’t give off enough energy to damage the genetic material (DNA) in cells so they can’t cause cancer. Microwaves heat food, but do not make any changes to it that aren't made in any other cooking method. So they do not make food any more likely to cause cancer."

cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancers-in-general/cancer-questions/radiation-microwaves-and-cancer

Nice technophobe bullshit

And induction stoves release fewer vital antioxidant micronutrients than gas stoves, right?

It also doesn't matter. Nobody has ever been malnourished from the slight differences in nutrition caused by different cooking methods. The amount of nutrients in most plants is usually far more than what you need or almost enough. However, you might get cancer from cooking fatty meat instead of sterilizing it with some other method and eating it raw.

Microwave radiation is a form of non-ionizing radiation. It cannot cause cancer on its own, because it cannot damage our dna. However, a large amount of low-frequency radiation (like microwaves) heats things up. A large dose could cause severe internal burns and cell damage as a result. So if you're looking at the potential dangers of a microwave, it's better to compare it to a flamethrower.

This.

Non ionizing radiation can cause cancer senpai.

dude you should get rid of that RADIATOR that produces harmful infrared RADIATION

No, by definition it can't. Non ionizing means it's not capable of bumping out individual atoms in your DNA.

>Microwaves heat food, but do not make any changes to it that aren't made in any other cooking method.

while that's very likely correct for the context of the article it's in, it's not quite accurate as cooking food in a microwave tends to destroy more vitamins and other nutrients than other cooking methods (dependant upon cooking method and the food, boiling is also known for being pretty inefficient)

wtf i hate microwaves now