Intel Coffee Lake

So, finally 6-core will be the standard?

except for poorfags

The only thing I know is that it won't be many years before I get my passively cooled, decently powerful, x86_64, 1kg, 4K beautiful 11"/13" IPS display, SIM card slot, long living battery, with good enough keyboard keys, ultraconvertible laptop/tablet.

From there I can waste money on external GPU/CPU for muh hardcore gaymen and finally replace my smartphone, laptop, and gaymen PC with one mega-ultra-super-master-race-fantastic-supernova device.

It won't be standard. It'll likely be a high end niche die like the ones with eDRAM.
Its also still 14nm. Intel's 4th 14nm product family.

If only instead of reducing power consumption they would increase computing power.

Pretty much hand in hand

Im glad AMD is releasing Zen so Intel can BTFO them again with a supercomputer processor that'll last 5 years just like Sandy Bridge

It'll be great for video editing and rendering at least.
Still betting on the top end 8 core having a $500 MSRP. Compete against Haswell-E, undercut mid range Broadwell-E on price.
Totally not going to have competitive FPU performance though.

Skylake and Broadwell E?

Broadwell, Skylake, Kaby Lake, and now Coffee Lake. All 14nm.

by then ZEN will be out family. I doubt I'll pay the Intel tax in another upgrade

Thank god for AMD Zen.

Thats the only reason they will move the 6-core into mainstream standard.

Neither Summit Ridge nor Raven Ridge will be cheap product lines.

Nah, it will be enthusiast-tier replacing the current 6700K's spot.

Coffee Lake it's not series K or X, it won't be enthusiast.

You will have more luck with a ARM SoC than a x86 one. The Tegra SoCs are pretty much close to what you want.

That chart is just mobile/OEM parts. It'll be released as a desktop chip too. Intel tried to do it with the Broadwell i7 5775c, though yields were abysmally low still so it was pulled off the market while Skylake slowly ramped up.

Probably north of $350.

Gween tea

to be fair, 14nm is really small. Like... Really, really small. going down to 10 seems like it's a pain. and 7 (or was it 4) was found to be the theoretical limit of Silicon.

>and 7 (or was it 4) was found to be the theoretical limit of Silicon.

This is nonsense only regurgitated here on Sup Forums. 3nm GAA transistors are a thing.

source?

Applied Materials.
Welcome to industry news from 3 years ago.

can you cram 7 billion of them in an area the size of a postage stamp?

at least now that everyone is ditching xfire we wont have to worry about sli crap hogging pcie lanes

ZEN IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL

You do know that the real transistor sizes of these "14" and "16" processes are on the order of 70x60, 90x72 nm right?

yes, why are you telling me?
I replied to and I quote:
>Its also still 14nm. Intel's 4th 14nm product family.

he's the one talking about it.

Either way, no reason to use two different methods to talk about the same thing in the same conversation. he's talking "14nm" so am I. It's more concise.

And then theres this asshole.

You literally have no idea what measurements you're talking about. You're rattling off the connected poly and metal pitch which is BEOL. The transistors themselves are FEOL, and they are actually pretty close to their marketing namesakes with FinFET processes.

You're responding to a literal retard.

no I don't, I never would, what do you have me do? Give money to Islamist Rappers?

Thats some pretty meta shitposting after talking out of your ass and immediately being proven wrong

Im super confused about all this. Maybe im retarded. Can anyone in plain english tell me when the replacement for x99 will come along? Zen is afaik due to compete in that segment but I dont know for when.

Im slowly getting into multiboxing to help friends in games and I have a sudden obsession with wanting a sandybridge longevity 8 or 10 core.