Anonymization general /ag/

Let's discuss anonymization in computing.

Share helpful links and tips regarding anonymous browsing, vpn, tor, torrentinting or whatever else you might use.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cj3PN5-n108&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There is no anonymity online.

Then who am I?

You're a faggot

YOU STOLE A LOAF OF BREEEAAAAD

You're the person who just posted that.
Under an IP.
And that IP was Registered to somone when you where posting.
And so on and so on.

But my IP changes multiple times a day. Half the time I try to post and I get a message that I was banned in 2014 on a board I never visit. How can they keep that all straight?

You have a MAC adress, your IP keeps logs of IP's atributed to you and the time interval it was attributed to you.

ISP logs who(account based) gets assigned which IP/at what time and keeps that data for x amount of time. Roughly a year or so if I recall the law.

All a law officer has to do is request your posts IP and time. Then match that up with ISP's records/account.

They don't even have to go the ISP route. They can simply go the google route and ask them for captcha time/ip/post id.

Even further, they would simply have to fingerprint your browser and it would be accurate to a 99.99999% of the time.

Fug. I'm doomed to be arrested by the cyberpolice then, thanks Sup Forums

Maybe not, but there must be some steps a person can take to make their online life more private and secure.

Surely is.

VM + Tor + New Browser with all the generic security oriented addons works fine.

VM + Tor + NB + Public internet

VM + Tor + NB + Wardrive

Each session should randomize aspects of your OS/Browser/etc.

Use separate email for official government business. Use separate email for online business trasactions. Use separate email for online gaming/socialization.

Never the same password for the three. Never keep using the same username over multiple sites.

>yet another useless general
Fuck off to reddit

stfu stupid know it all trip homo

Not sure if baiting or retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=Cj3PN5-n108&feature=youtu.be

now that Tor is showing signs that hints at dissolution, if the project stops, what then?

They're the only game in town, and the NSA has their protocol cracked anyway. Start a new internet, basically.

James Mathers of Boise, ID
SSN# 285-87-2950

There are some other layers besides TOR. i2p for example.

That won't connect you to the clearnet anonymously like TOR almost does, though. It's not a solution to the problem of regaining anonymity on the internet in the face of massive corruption.

Cool. Do me.

You work for the NSA.

Stop sniffing your sisters panties.

A post on 4chin that might actually be useful and it's nothing but shit posting. Suprise suprise.