Is technology made to break?

What is Sup Forums's opinion on this video?

youtube.com/watch?v=FGNcvNAwi1A

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Of course you dumb goyim, how else would they sell the newest shit?

almost seemed credible until "ARE GOOGLE HIDING ALIENS?!?"

>keep my hardware in good condition regardless.

>fails anywyays right around the time the support for each device is stopped.

Sounds about right.

Consumer trash =! Technogy

Kys

This basically only applies to iPhones. Most people have gorilla glass 3/4 on their Android phones so this isn't really a problem. In addition to that most people use protective cases as well.

However as tech advances things become obsolete every ~4 years so you have to buy the latest stuff to keep up with vydias or want better battery life.

>This basically only applies to iPhones
how?
Apple isnt different than any other company

Of course.

iPhones are known to be gimped with iOS updates and have the most delicate screens possible.

It's true. I treated my note 4 like a queen, rooted and debloated her. Now after 2 years of use the performance is dropping rapidly.
My nephew visited me and showed me his Pokémon Go account. Interested I also installed it and it runs horrible.
My nephews brand new 300€ smartphone run it perfectly.

I miss the times were my Motorola Razer Blade was the coolest thing around. It still runs perfect to this day.

>cant repair
go die in a fire

>gimped with updates
Well, running new OS on old phones may actually make it slower but how is that different than anyone?

>most delicate screens possible
Source needed

>Well, running new OS on old phones may actually make it slower but how is that different than anyone?
Apple gimps older iPhones on purpose to encourage people to get the latest one. This is why iPhone users refusing to get the 9.3 update when they're on iOS 7 is a thing.

>Apple gimps older iPhones on purpose to encourage people to get the latest one
Are you retarded? That is what happens when you give a phone with older hardware a software with more features that is made to run on newer phones.

That is not gimping on purpose, that is natural, is the same with any phone.

>iPhones are known to be gimped with iOS updates

I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 9 running smoothly without the slighest difference in battery usage.

If iPhones get gimped with updates I don't know wanna know what Android "does" with four year old hardware.

The only phones designed to last are iPhones, since Apple a. makes money on the App Store and other services, so wants you to keep using your phone and 2. Apple is in the market for the long haul, and wants the return business. This is also why Apple supports their devices long-term with firmware updates.

It's the fly-by-night Android handset makers, who don't have anything to lose if your phone breaks or you never use it again after you buy it, that have no incentive to build devices that last.

So Android OEMs are doing consumers a favour by never releasing any software updates? Nice rationalization family member.

That's the joke. 4 year old hardware does not get the newest Android updates. Manufacturers abandon their phones after 2 years.

Apple is actually suffering a downfall in iPhone sales because iPhone users have less reason to upgrade nowadays.

iOS is a lightweight OS and hardware already reached a level of development that is capable of doing pretty much anything a phone needs to do.

That used to be a problem with older iPhones that actually had a shitty SoC and they werent able to keep up with software development.

If you have something like an iPhone 5s your phone should last more than enough.

Same here. And we are still getting iOS 10.

That is unheard of in a phone from 2012 in the Android world. Its one of the reasons I never really considered trying Android.

>massive shift to built-in batteries
>OS updates that cripple older generations of hardware

iPhones are probably the worst offenders since you're pretty much forced to buy a new one every 2-3 years

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

I don't see hardware obsolescence. It's always more software based.

Does nobody play old video game systems or mess around with old PCs? Still works perfectly fine so long as you run the OS and software it came with.

Phones, on the other hand, seem to get slower and slower while gaining no new features. If anything, you'd think phones would get faster as they optimize everything for the maturing hardware.

It's not like they are on purpose made to break, more like that they aren't made to last too long.
There is a fine distinction between the two, which autists, who think everyone in the world is out to get them might not be able to see.

Actually they do, OTA updates exist. Most people are on Android lollipop by now.

Nope, more people want to do more than call and text on their phones and iPhones can't deliver. That's why apple is not selling as many iPhones now.

Who remembers the old sony countdown fuck your shit up timer they used the hide in thier laptops

>It's not like they are on purpose made to break, more like that they aren't made to last too long.
Planned obsolescence makes a lot of sense when you look at how big the mobile industry is.

>be cattle
>get treated like cattle

Have an iPhone 4s for 5 years AMD still working perfectly.

>iPhone with iOS 10
Still runs smooth even on beta version

>Nope, more people want to do more than call and text on their phones and iPhones can't deliver. That's why apple is not selling as many iPhones now.
Nah. Iphones do anything 99% of the smarphone users need. There is actually more people switching from android to iPhone than ever before.

>Most people are on Android lollipop by now
Actually more than 50% of the market is still on older versions than lollipop

iPhone 5 I mean

iPhone 4s with iOS 9 still goes strong. No need to upgrade.

>And
Fixed

>Nah. Iphones do anything 99% of the smarphone users need. There is actually more people switching from android to iPhone than ever before.
Then explain pic related

>microshit
>0.7%

At least some things are alright in this world.

What is to explain? iPhones are expensive, of course they are going to have a small market share. Some people cant justify that in their budget.

You really think iPhones are lacking something the public wants? What would that be?

>have never had hardware or any technology break in about 10 years
>All PCs/laptops/smartphones overclocked if possible.

I'm sure yes, if consumers desired thin fragile devices they probably shouldn't drop them on the pavement. Retards.

Then only thong the iPhone can't do is torrent your anime shit and tweaking your mobile "games" saves. Leave androidfag.

They didn't have Pokemon go.

They don't have battery life.

They are just worse while costing 5x more.

Compare redmi note 3 pro to iPhone 6s plus. RN3P is smaller and lighter in every dimension, but has a bigger screen, and the battery lasts twice as long. My RN3P was $200 and has 96gb storage. Why pay $999 for the iPhone 6s plus again?

Apple has been in a decline, people are waking up after paying $5k for 3 years of broken iPhones.

>how else would they sell the newest shit?

Who buys a new phone when their old one breaks?

I have 8 phones and none of them broke.

>They don't have battery life.
they dont?

>They are just worse while costing 5x more.
worse how?
Different people have different needs. To bring some perspective, here is why I buy iPhones

>faster than any android phone
>best looking UI
>applications consistent with the system UI
>more practical UI (one layered home-screen/dedicated widget tab/swipe to return/3d touch)
>does everything I need
>just works/doesnt lag
>pretty much the best build quality on market
>great camera/screen/SoC/storage
>great design
>software updates for years and years
>almost no depreciation, best resell value
>more secure/encrypted
>apple isnt interested in selling my data for ad money
>best 1st & 3rd party and dev support
>imessage

>Pokémon go shit is already out. In what shithole country do you live.?
>battery is just fine. Lasts 1.5 days. Wonder if android can do better.
>I never broke a phone. Normies are just careless faggots b

Because there aren't any phones designed to last at least a minimum of 5 years....right?

You choose what you buy, nobody is forcing you.

Nigga with every update your iPhone gets slower.
What do you think happen with the iPhone 4?

see

I think we all agree that iPhone 4 was the worst iPhone ever.

iPhone4 design was amazing. It was MILES ahead of anything else at the time.

The design was great, but not the hardware.