What would happen if you plug an etherkiller cable into the ethernet jack from your ISP?

What would happen if you plug an etherkiller cable into the ethernet jack from your ISP?

Other urls found in this thread:

fiftythree.org/etherkiller/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You would get charged

Nothing. Ethernet is isolated on each end by optical isolators or magnetic couplers. Worst you could do would be to burn out the cable.

>ethernet jack from your ISP
You mean the landline?

fiftythree.org/etherkiller/
kek

You kill everyone in your city and everyone working at the ISP

you get aids

It blows out the local office. Don't do it.

at best: nothing
at worst: lawsuit for damaging $100k worth of provider's equipment

This.

>the ethernet jack from your ISP
Where do you live that has cat5 cable run to peoples' houses.

Not him but I have cat5e, what's the big deal?
A bit on topic, would a current ISP that provides their own hub/router/modem be able to be accessed with a 3rd party modem?

I'm from Canada, I've only ever seen phone line and Coaxial. I thought most places did that or fibre optic.

It's probably fiber up to the house then terminated and split into cat5.

You have cat cable within your house/building. The isp is connected by fiber/coxial/phone cables. You plugging in that kill cable will just fuck up your own stuff and not the isp's. Also fiber uses light so electricity wouldnt even be able to do anything but fuck up your ONT.

someone give me the "free ethernet" in library image

>mfw I run around at night with a UPS in my backpack and cut and terminate cables and plug it in to the UPS

>UPS
>Universal Prostate Stimulator

>mfw uninterruptible power supply
Never change, fa/g/g/ots.

>Ethernet jack from your ISP
Unless you have business internet access (not cable-company bullshit "business internet") you don't have an Ethernet jack coming from the ISP.

In any case they would charge you for any damage done to their equipment.

He could possibly burn out the switch inside the building though, killing the internet for everyone in the flat.

An IT person wouldn't fucking plug that in, it would cause work for them.

>guaranteed work for life just by sticking it in random computers around the office

Yeah, sure. Wouldn't happen at all

>an etherkiller cable
You mean a Cisco PoE adapter?