What's the best Linux distro and why? I'm using Ubuntu w Gnome 3 atm and I wanna change-

What's the best Linux distro and why? I'm using Ubuntu w Gnome 3 atm and I wanna change-

You're already using the best. Congratulations.

This

well memed

Install *BSD

Fedora

god damn i love pepe Dx

up

Arch/KDE for desktop, xubuntu for laptop, CentOS for servers

lmao you bumped this thread? why?

/thread

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

wut

huh?

this u guys

This or manjaro. I personally go for Manjaro because Fedora feels more like a work environment, while Manjaro feels more comfy.

i rather use apt-get than pacman

that's understandable, but pacman is actually really good when it's not on Arch. Arch is the problem, like always.

I don't know but it's not Mint.
It's probably Ubuntu if you change the ugly default desktop environment

Manjaro Gnome of course

Linux Mint, because it makes Linux accessible to everyone while giving them options, unlike Shitbuntu which comes with Unity aka ebola.

What's the problem with Arch? I haven't had any problems with it

For me to constantly fucks itself.

its easier to just change the de/wm only difference in distros are package managers and what default packages they have

Xubuntu, Debian, and Opensuse Tumbleweed. Arch is a meme. Gentoo is the only true bleeding edge distro compiling packages right from source.

>ifunny

dumb frogposters

used ubuntu 1st, gnome
switched to fedora, gnome
then work pushed KDE, so went to KDE neon
then tried Kubuntu

I use a dock and 3 monitors from a laptop... something that most distros aren't naively capable of (bugs, bugs everywhere).

currently using mint cinnamon, so very pleasantly surprised. issues persist, as it's still linux, but I can work with this.