/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SOnuDj8kcv4
orientwatchusa.com/shop/mens-watches/ser2700gb0/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mfw still not enough money for an Omega Speedmaster
Why live a pleb life?

Can anyone please answer to :?

>What can you tell me about Mühle-Glasshütte watches?
They are german.

Fifth for the 52 caliber meme

>It's now gaining a steady 2 seconds per day
>Get pissed off even though it's performing better than my 1 year old 6R15 and will only be a minute off by this time next month

What are some good alternatives to shitty plastic for digital watches? I like pic related, but would prefer something new.

I know that, I was asking for more info. Has anyone ever got or even tried one of them?

I'm tryin to impress this frugal, minimal lifestyle hipster qt

What's the best "cheap" but looks good watch? Under 150 to coincide ith the minimalists

Get the reduced 2, that way you're also making an investment.

Is this the face of autism?

m005 Rider by GT&FQ

>MIYOTA 9015
>Bauhaus
>sapphire crystal
>display caseback
>38x9mm

$190

Only drawback, everything but the movement is Chinese.

A solid gold Rolex Daytona.

Buy a Seiko 5 or a Vostok Amphibia.

If she has a problem with those, consider finding a girl who isn't a cunt about minimalism. Appearances do not dictate what is "minimalist".

Girls are impressed by wealth, physical prowess, charisma, and intelligence.

>I'm trying to impress a girl with things
She's gotta like you for you.

But sounds like the obvious choice is a locally sourced vintage watch. Not having something brand new shipped to you.

>trying to impress a hipter with a watch
>a cheap watch, of all
You're doom to fail.

>Speedmaster Reduced
>investment
IQ sure has dropped in here.

Oh ok. So what do people here think about Mühler-Glasshütte? Do people here even know that brand?

Beautiful great quality watches with modified very heavily in some cases I might add ETA/Sellita movements.

They've risen, they're discontinued.

You're an idiot.

If you want to see true autism, head over to the high-accuracy quartz forums. This guy is just a little mad his Seiko is starting to drift, those people keep watches in strictly temperature - controlled environments and track their accuracy daily with quartz regulators and Excel spreadsheets. Many don't adjust for daylight savings time either, to avoid messing with their accuracy readings.

The best is when they try to go back to Bulova and Citizen to get refunds because their HAQ watch was 1 second out of spec over the course of 12 months.

a "frugal, minimal lifestyle hipster qt" will most likely be impressed by some MVMT or KOMONO dogshit.
afair Tisell has their bauhaus back in stock, if you prefer koreans to chinks.

Buy nomos quartz knockoff for 5euros from alispress

>look at a nice hublot watch.
>Price is $200k
>think I will just get the Chinese replica version cause I really like the design.
>look up replica on chink site
>replica costs $700 fucking USD
>mfw can't even afford a replica

Fuck this this shit.

Sounds like a goldmine. Care to share some links??

>nice hublot
>replica

The answer is vintage. Hipsters love everything vintage.

Eat dirt cunt

>wanting to buy an HUBLOT replica
>HUBLOT
>replica
You're the niggest

>koreans
You mean gooks.

And yes I do prefer them, especially for a $5 premium.

>post your grails
>mine

My coworker has one of these. His dad got it for him as a graduation present. Rich Chinapeople making us white trash feel bad.

Kind of a shitty grail watch desu senpai, but whatever floats your boat. I'd prefer pic related.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SOnuDj8kcv4

This is what im buying once I win the lotto.

If you want a speedmaster professional that isn't a straight forward stock moonwatch, why not the Mitsukoshi, Alaska project or Apollo-Soyuz 35th anniversary?

Or if you really do want a moonphase, how about a moonphase adventurine?

How is hesalite as a material, one scratch and it shows?

Out of all the speedmaster lookalikes, I like the brown Carrera the most, from 2008 probably. New ones look just bad.

Hesalite can scratch, yeah.

Spring drive is such an underrated movement. I hope to see many more of them in the coming years. I hope they become more popular so the price comes down some.

Some people really don't like it. A fellow collector of mine expressed some pretty heated hatred for the movement, saying it wasn't "authentic enough" (because of the electronics). He saw it as a cheap trick, working around the real issues that make the watch inaccurate rather than correcting them.

Never, even an automatic is a novelty. Buy daniel wellington and put it on instagram. My parents are moving to Hong Kong, at least I might visit and see one in person without 25% customs tax.

How exactly did it seem as a cheap trick to him ?

Sounds pretty gay

Smooth seconds hand sweep is beautiful.

What do u guys thing about my watch?

Just got my Zuludiver strap, and for anyone wanting to know.... Fuck, these are the comfiest straps ever. A bit expensive, since the asshole selling them rises the prices monthly.

He said it's a quartz-mechanical hybrid and therefore isn't a "real" mechanical watch, but uses "modern methods" rather than haute horological methods. And it's too slient apparently.

I've never handled one personally but I don't necessarily think what they've done makes it any less a good watch.

Pulsar PW3001 is a steel cased digital.

>Not recommending the rose gold Dayona.

It also looks like a dishwasher. I wish Casio would pull its shit together andm ake steel cased, sapphire glass classics again.

Also who was

Ask him what he thinks about the Piaget Emperador Coussin XL 700P. If he doesn't shit on it too then he's just a Mountain Jew cock sucker.

Regardless of its status as a real mechanical it is a real well made and innovative watch movement inside otherwise well made watches.

Part of the reason sundry quartz is so blasé is because there's no real effort or care put into your average quartz watch or movement, not because there's a quartz oscillator inside. But that can change at the higher end.

I have a Kinetic. Might need a battery after 20 years. Its been ten

I will. Didn't know about that one, thanks.
I agree with you, I don't shit on quartz personally (Unless someone is being stupid, like paying 5k for a fucking tag with a quartz that is a clone of a budget seiko movement found in 25$ watches), but I can see why people might prefer the more traditional mechanical movements, of course. I have an f91-w that I absolutely love despite it being a 9$ quartz, digital, piece of plastic that I had to replace the strap on. It's still a good watch.

> eta/sellita movements
Could you explain please?

The real issue with watched is that mechanical balance wheels and escapements are shitty at keeping time. A quartz oscillator corrects that and replaces the shitty timing mechanism with a better one.

Post nicest piece.
Graffiti inspired watches (or most things other than wall art) tend to look retarded. I've seen no exceptions so far.

>The real issue with watched is that mechanical balance wheels and escapements are shitty at keeping time
This type of exaggeration tends to get your opinion discarded

ETA and Sellita are two different watch movement manufacturers. Mühle-Glashütte does not fully make their own movements. Mühle buys their movements from ETA and Sellita and then further modifies them to their own needs/specifications/level of quality.

> post nicest piece

Posts most hideous piece of shit ever.

Why is every Richard Mille watch I've seen fucking hideous? Why do people buy these things?

Fuck any company with no in house movement.

>fuck being able to service my exclusive doorstop in 20 years

That's some FUD right there.

Got a NATO for my C60 300

I see. Is that a thing one should be worried about?

Unfortunately this might be the future for Euroshit if Swatch continues with their evil/retarded plan of reducing ETA into a shack with a dozen Somalians making a handful of movements for Swatch Group only.
>2018 the year of the Miyota TAG Heuer
>2020 year of the Vostok Panerai
>2025 year of the Poljot 3133 Breitling

Almost nobody cares whats inside their watch.

Would I service a 3000€ Tudor? Maybe once before I sell it

10k€ watch? Enough money just to trade it in directly and go home, jack it to jessica biel

Personally would have considered either a Leather nato, or if you're insistent on fabric, then Perlon.

Not at all. The parts Mühle uses are very good quality and very reliable. It's just that if a watch company makes their own movements it gives them more prestige.

I have some Perlons in the post
Hopefully they should be here tomorrow or Friday

I'll look at some leather NATO straps

Go Seiko, motherfucker!

>Girls are impressed by wealth, physical prowess, charisma, and intelligence.
>and intelligence

In other news pigs have now taken to the skies and the sky has turned pink with all the flying pigs.

M-more autistic than here??

Splendid taste there, user.
With white background plus day and date and I will lose control over my purse.

Leather nato? That shit be stinky in a matter of days.

I wouldn't get a Spring Drive because they are too big imo.

>high precision
>that dial

(You)

Why do obese anons always assume that everyone is as fat and stinky as they are?

Okay, so if I want a Stowa Antea, but splurging 1k on a watch is not what I want to do right now, what else can I get that looks similar but is also automatic, but for cheaper?

Are there any good alternatives?

some taste

That 8 days is so great. They made a GS like a Credor and I love it.

It was meant to the poster I quoted, asking him to post his nices piece of graffiti related art since the limited edition watch he bought is for a graffiti 'art' supply company.
While RMs have grown significantly on me and I'd gladly wear (or better - own and sell) an RM35 most of their models are fucking hideous. Specially most of the editions to or for a person.

> is so great

Literally. It's 43mm.

Thank you for the explanation. I know that the materials Mühle uses are top-notch, but I wouldn't want to spend so much money for a not-that-good movement. I mean, probably I'm just paranoid, Mühle may actually have very good mechanics. I thought about Mühle because near where I live there's a watch shop which is an official retailer of Mühle.

You want a Nomos Tangente. The Stowa is already a cheaper copy of something.
Anyway, there are tons of copies of this design. Tisell makes one with a Miyota 9015, or there's a 100% chink one sold under the name Rodina or Rider.

>le Nomos is the best and invented Bauhaus watches

Save up and go for a second hand one. It'll be the only watch you'll ever need.

It will scratch but you can polish it out in 2 minutes with polywatch. I prefer acrylic crystals on most of my watches since it is shatterproof. It also has a distortion and glow that is more aesthetically pleasing imho.

Today is the 47th anniversary of the moon landing btw.

Plz no bully fämälämäs

>subdial insets not beveled
fake as fuck

Look closer. Plus I have yet to see a fake that matches the subdial layout.

You're fucking stupid.

>hey man nice puck, you play hockey too?

I'm about to buy this

orientwatchusa.com/shop/mens-watches/ser2700gb0/

for 170€

is a good buy? I really think so.

it's fine. I personally find that dress watches should be an understated size but there is no real fault with that watch.

Not a fan of the hands; they're too short and don't reach the indices,

Seiko isn't exactly great for that kind of shit either. Have fun finding a NOS clutch for your 6138 now, let alone 20 years from now.

The Stowa is a copy, but not of the Nomos. See

Whats the original moon watch

omega speedmaster professional with a handwind moment and acrylic/hesalite crystal.

I forget the reference of the movement