What is the best monitor as of 2016?

What is the best monitor as of 2016?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00WUACE4S/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469048178&sr=8-1&pi=SL75&keywords=4k monitor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That EIZO Foris for 1000 bucks. Literally he best colors and blacks you will ever find on a 1440p, 144Hz screen. That his has basically everything. Only way it could be better would be if it was a VA panel instead so you actually have proper black, not the IPS pseudo blacks.

Those acer's look nice. I just need a 27" monitor for digital editing. Is this good for the price?

Most 4K monitors seem to be much more expensive.

Doesn't VA have horrendous backlight bleed?

Anything with G-Sync

Completely depends on the panel. VA is most commonly used in medicine, its rather uncommon for the consumer market today. So yeah, a shit VA panel definitely has backlight bleed or at least looks as such because the panel actually produces proper blacks.

That VA that Eizo brought as a gaming monitor was just a recycled version of a 4000 dollar screen developed for fucking geology. The blacks were completely ridiculous, contrast level like 5500:1 while the average 'gaming screen' hovers around 700:1.

G-sync worth it for like cs:go where you're guaranteed to have more than 144 fps or is it mostly just lauded for when games fluctuate wildly between low and 144?

You forgot to write a price range - Good job

It's good for both because without it there will be tearing if you don't turn v-sync on, which introduces input lag.

>gsync
>$300 tax for nvidia hardware in a monitor when freesync is open standard and does it for free

literally kill yourself

So probably worth an extra 175$ for an xb271 instead of xf270? Alright, thanks amigo

>gsync is the same as freesync
amd shill pls go

4k seems pointless under 30 inches.

I want a 4k 144Hz IPS around 40 inches.

Guys is there a monitor that is, 1080p, IPS,, 60hz or more, 100% sRGB and is supports 10 Bit depth

youre right, it isnt the same thing. freesync does adaptive sync without proprietary hardware and software. freesync is better in every possible way. gsync is a scam.

I know its small sample size but
>better in every way
Not sure about this.

lol are you really posting an opinion survey as evidence?

I'll suffice with a 27"-28" 4K, about the same price as 1440p panels anyway. Any larger and might as well use my 4ktv.

So I'm looking for a new monitor now, and a buddy of mine suggested looking into getting an HDTV instead. I got a shit rig, so I run at 1080p/60hz already, and I was thinking about getting a 27" 1080p monitor, but if I could find a 40" TV for about the same price, should I go for it? Sounds to me like getting more view for the same buck, so it can't be that bad, yeah?

The problem with tv's(from my experience) are they're not great from a digital design perspective. I tried coloring an image through my Samsung 3D tv and found out the colors were very saturated/ contrast all over the place and wasn't as great as a normal monitor. Messed up two of my images I done. Could of color calibrated it a bit more, but still something was off when I looked at the same pictures through my phone from the tv.

For other kind of work? I guess so?

Good thing that I don't do any design or visual editing work, so it doesn't really matter if the colors aren't completely accurate, as long as the final picture isn't too terrible. Hell, I'm more worried about the lag that a TV is probably gonna have. Then again, console games seem to run fine on TVs, so what do I know. And then there's the fuckhuge pixel size, shit, now I just don't know anymore.

Yes, there will be lag.

Probably was my laptop, but I also did play Crysis 2 on mirror mode. The lag from my tv was very noticeable compared to the laptop screen. Probably needed to adjust something on the Nvidia panel, but that was a year ago.

Dell U2715H

4/5K on a 27" display is dumb

I have the 120hz-VA FG2421, and checked my panel for every possible flaw that could have been a reason for them to not use it the fuck-expensive satellite-imagery-VA-monitor that uses the same panels, but I couldnt find any flaw.
No backlight-bleed whatsoever, nothing else, it's nuts. Great monitor.

amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00WUACE4S/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469048178&sr=8-1&pi=SL75&keywords=4k monitor

Freesync
319GBP

Got one the other day. It's incredible.

I seen that on display at Best Buy. It looks nice, but worried it would hinder my color sensitive work being a TN panel, even though it advertises with programs like photoshop.