Have 3 variations of Firefox for different uses

>Have 3 variations of Firefox for different uses
>Palemoon, FireFox, Waterfox
>After the recent update, all of the settings somehow mingled as one and aren't separate anymore
>Get error saying "another instance of FF is running" and can't run two of them at the same time

Final straw for me and SJWfirefox. This browser is garbage anyway, it's sad to see it decline to what it is today. Should I really move to botnet chrome or stick with the previous versions of FF?

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/haasn/69e19fc2fe0e25f3cff5
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox/Multiple_profiles
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Use Opera. It's the positives of chome without google.

Curious why u need all 3?

It just got sold to the chinese, don't spread disinfo

Use Cyberfox, and Palemoon.
If you need more than two, use Chromium but compile it from source and remove the features that cause it to phone home.
It still contacts google, look it up

Also
>updating

PS:
gist.github.com/haasn/69e19fc2fe0e25f3cff5

Honestly, use Brave. It's by Brendan Eich (who was made to resign from SJW-zilla).

It is practically Chromium being re-written from the bottom up focussing on privacy and speed. Soon, it'll be the browser of choice for Sup Forums Mark my words.

Use Palemoon and Waterfox as portables

>runs multiple copies of Firefox and its derivatives
>doesn't bother to learn how Firefox actually stores its data (profiles) and how to launch multiple copies of it while giving each a different profile

It's all documented out there and has been for 15 years now. If only you spent some time reading it, all your problems could be avoided.

As of why the three got "merged", I can only guess you didn't properly isolate them (ie. use multiple profiles correctly).

Start here:
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox/Multiple_profiles

Your best bet is to nuke the current profiles because they're fucked up anyway, uninstall all three browsers and reinstall them one by one while setting up the profiles correctly along the way.

Funny thing, I've been doing just that. It still decides to not start up and complains another instance of FireFox is running and has to shut down.

I hope you're right, user. Brave looks pretty promising in the face of all these Firefox issues everyone is having. I think the biggest obstacle is clearly add-ons/extensions. People are very attached to those.

What about Vivaldi?

Brave, being based on Chrome/Chromium, already has the security side of things over Firefox (sandboxing etc.) Addons I am still not sure about, however, HTTPS Everywhere and Ad-Blocking/tracking is standard on it. I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future, Tor also switches to using Brave as its native browser.

Never used it but apparently it is based on Chrome also. I trust Eich more and especially now that it is only a matter of time before Brave kills Firefox - it's Eich's perfect revenge plan. It couldn't come sooner.

Braveis anopen source[1][2][3]web browserbased on theChromiumweb browser and itsBlinkengine, announced by the co-founder of theMozilla Project,Brendan Eich. It aims to blockwebsite trackersand remove intrusiveinternet advertisements, replacing them with ads sold by Eich's company. T

But?

Wut*

I use Firefox and Opera and K-meleon.

>replaces ads

Why do people get hung up on this point? If Brave is SET TO show ads (instead of block), it uses a local cache of browsing history to show ads.

You can still fucking leave ads disabled. Problem solved.

Use firefox and Seamonkey(better than whatever other childish FF deviation like "palemoon")

firefox.exe -p and select your profile before opening. Probably just choosing the same profile for each version, if not create a new one.

>Not just using three Firefox profiles
kys

>palemoon
Garbage
>Firefox
Garbage
>waterfox
Garbage

Uninstall all of them and install Aurora you twat.

Interface is slow shit, otherwise it's pretty much chrome.

Am I getting shilled or is this legit? I've never heard of it before

I am unironically going to give this a try but what a stupid name for a browser.

>get 3 extra inches now with this secret trick. HURRY UP BEFORE THEY TAKE IT DOWN

or

>"Louis C.K. presents "Please Fuck My Wife", Madison Square Garden next Sunday"