What is the best linux for gaming?

what is the best linux for gaming?

Ubuntu. You're only going to get good performance if you have an nvidia or an intel gpu though. Amd has no drivers. The only downside to the nvidia drivers is your computer will not shut down unless you hold down the power button.

windows

linux is the best linux.

>The only downside to the nvidia drivers is your computer will not shut down unless you hold down the power button.

literally why?

also OP you should know the whole AMD has no drivers meme is actually completely true on Linux right now. I put together my first PC recently and switched between Fedora, Debian, and Ubuntu only to get frustrated and DBAN my drive, unplugged the PC and its just sitting here unused. AMD stopped supporting their proprietary drivers on Linux, and the open source/alternative ones are outright terrible, I just went back to my cheap Lenovo consumer laptop. My only other choice was Windows 10 which I refuse to do.

I upboat you.

>Literally why

No clue, I never found out and went back to Windows.

>Ubuntu
What does Ubuntu provide that no other distro provides? That's completly stupid. All distros are the same.

Ubuntu left out catalyst support because they are lazy fucks.

>Linux
>Gaming

The one you don't install

Any proprietary game is compiled only for glibc so Alpine Linux or Void Linux Musl will never work.

Ubuntu and Debian have a rigid base when it comes to graphics support choices.

cygwin

Anything Debian based.
Also if you want to be playing anything demanding, I hope for your sake you've gotten yourself and Nvidia GPU.

>jpeg
Fix it.

SteamOS

>linux
>gaming

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now, go back to

Steam OS

>gaming

That is basically Ubuntu

It's always shut down through the menu for me, but I never install the drivers through the GUI tool.

The GUI tool is handy, but I've been burned far too many times where you apply it, reboot, and get no GUI, you have to drop to TTY, remove the drivers, and reinstall via the command line anyways, may as well do it in terminal to begin with.

>2.6 MiB

Manjaro. It comes with everything configured, nvidia drivers, bumblebee, steam...

>MiB

Probably another systemd bork.

>It's another "crossboard Sup Forumsermin posts about gayming" episode

Depends on what games.

If you just need Steam, SteamOS is a good choice.

If you want a general use distro that you can get Steam on, pretty much anything will do, but Ubuntu will be the best for a new user.

Now if you're interested in general Linux games, there is Fedora Games Spin and Play-Linux that both come with a lot of popular Linux games like Assault Cube, Alien Arena, OpenArena, SuperTuxCart, etc.

I'd say either go SteamOS or pick a distro based on your regular computing needs and install Steam on that.

You're an autistic manchild if you waste your time gaming instead of socializing and developing actual skills. Topping your score on Tetris ain't gonna get you laid. Fuck off back to /r9k/ or Sup Forums. Linux is strictly a productive OS free from cooperate greed.

LFS

Not him, how can I get into socializing? I've been a NEET for 10 years and have no friends or aquaintances. My only contacts on my phone are my mom, my sister and my mental health and social workers.

Getting a job is the easiest avenue into a healthy and well rounded social life. It FORCES other people to be around you, and gives you a prime opportunity to make friends as you and your coworkers are going to be spending a lot of time doing the same thing.

However, before doing this, I'd recommend making yourself likable, basic hygiene is a given, nothing's worse than being around someone who smells, and unkempt appearances are a public eyesores.

General knowledge is also very important. Read a wide range that are not related to obscure autistic hobbies, and spend a couple of hours a week watching popular TV. Try getting into a major sport. 90% of the time you kick of another conversation with another guy by simply talking to them about the big game.

This is a meme but it's also true: Be confident.

Everytime you've ever thought "wow, I want to get to know this person" it's because they've revealed something interesting to you. Inconfident people can't do this nearly as well because their personality is hidden under their shyness. I make friends without even trying because I'm usually not afraid to say what's on my mind, despite having zero social presence.

If you want to find other shutins with similarly autistic hobbies then university it good choice. Sadly, that is not justifiable for most people.