RIP KAT

>The world's largest torrent site, KickassTorrents, has had its owner arrested.
>The alleged owner, 30 year old Ukrainian Artem Vaulin, was arrested in Poland today and is awaiting extradition to the United States.

torrentfreak.com/feds-seize-kickasstorrents-domains-charge-owner-160720/

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/
kat.cr/full/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shit.

JUST DO IT

>F
Hasn't been that good since they started doing DMCA takedowns anyway.

Only the Russians can save us now.

kat is curry anyways.

We need to step it up folks, these DMCA cocksuckers are putting too much heat on us. Private trackers are next.

We need to figure out a way to share all of our chinese cartoons and shitty yify rips without people ruining our fun.

>Nyaa is probably next

God help us.

Russians will be lucky to have internet at all. New laws requiring storage of internet traffic records for 3 years , are going to destroy everything over there.

what's a good alternative to tpb and kat for basic shit just in case?

Should we just put up more torrent sites, or switch to something different, like IPFS?

Ru tracker

No, I'm just asking.

kickass.unblocked.cat

still works

>"It also shows that Apple handed over personal details of Vaulin after the investigator cross-referenced an IP-address used for an iTunes transaction with an IP-address that was used to login to KAT’s Facebook account."

Remember folks, Apple cares about your privacy(tm).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
GET FUCKED PUBLIC TRACKER PLEBS

Sank you.

>Using KAT

damn. I saw some banner ads on KAT website, owner was making mad bank, because it's in top 100 most visited websites in the world

well nothing lasts forever

lol xdcc

Tokyo Tosho to the rescue?

its getting worse
how do we stop the corps?

>never lived in the US
>never did any business with US companies
>get arrested and extradited to the US
God I hate this world.

>Should we just put up more torrent sites
Too obscure, we still need something central point that most people will trust like KAT used to be.

>or switch to something different, like IPFS?
Too uncontrolled, moderation is still good to protect people from downloading fake torrents or malware disguised as torrents.

Why would an ukrainian fuck off to a worse shithole like poland ?

>It also shows that Apple handed over personal details of Vaulin after the investigator cross-referenced an IP-address used for an iTunes transaction with an IP-address that was used to login to KAT’s Facebook account.

maybe he likes polish sausage?

who knows

they were already bending over for DMCA

Capitalism isn't coercive they said.

Sometimes I wonder if some torrent site will start to block american IPs to try to avoid this crap.

I don't think that it would work, but at least they could claim that they really had no business in the US.

I had an account on kat, any possibly repercussions?

fuuuuckk
downloaded a niggerload of things from there today

>a country involved in a civil war better than any other country
even pooland is better than that shithole

Irrelevant
If they violate US law on that scale, they will find a way to get you to the US

it basically shows that Microsoft, Facebook, Apple and any other big company will gladly cooperate with your personal data

Nothing is really safe to use besides open source and even here you cannot be 100% sure

But Apple didn't help the FBI that one time!

>US law
>for an Ukrainian man located in Poland
Get the fuck out.

They did it for Kim dot-com
They did it for this guy
They will do it again

>>a country involved in a civil war better than any other country

Yet a country in a civil war has more important things to do than please some assholes on the other side of the earth.

Chaos make for a great cover.

What alternatives are there using any decentralised tech?

It also shows that the operators of these things are pants on head retarded. Seriously, thinking Poland or anywhere is beyond the US law? I don't understand why they don't at least use Tor.

Or is it all parallel construction?

Would they want to prossecute such a site though?

If they let sites that blocked american IPs alone, then pretty much every pirate site would do it, which would probably be better for them than the current wack-a-mole game.

>at some point in the future I'll have to actually pay money to jews to watch movies or listen to music
god help us
god is dead, and we have killed him

>implying Ukraine, the US' newest lackey wouldn't hand him over in a flash for a few more weapons to fight off the Russian separatists
haha gtfo

top lol

meganet, launching soon since 2012

>Apple
>Facebook
His life is literally ruined because he fell for the botnet.

So uhhh what other public trackers are there?

I used to dl all my programming books and tutorials from kat. What are some other good places for similar material?

weeaboos can check out:

nyaa.se/

tpb, almost everything you search on kat is on tpb

>The owner of kickass has an iTunes and supports content creators
Wew lad jokes write themselves

still working here in churroamerica

>programming books
libgen.io
Hit it quickly. Russia is about to go dark.

Meh, it really shouldn't be complicated for some nerd to build a proper decentralised torrent based system.

The only reason it hasn't happened already is that kat and tpb and things exist so there's no reason for it. When it's needed it'll happen and movie industry will be back to square one.

Did anyone try any Zeronet based torrent sites? Is zeronet worth using?

>owner of most used torrent site in the world
>uses itunes
what?

This, libgen is godsent.

fug mayne now i gotta change my rss feeds

Only the front index out cause of a DDOS the rest of the site works.
kat.cr/full/

What's the point, 90% of it is removed for dmca.

Maybe we start thinking about GNU-Net again?

KAT is now officially a honeypot. Every country blocked except from USA.

Don't play smart asshole.

The point of what faggot? we're talking about the site being down not about dmca removal.

They don't care about American IPs that much
If the DOD says that a website has violated us law (wether is be copyright or something else), and there is a treaty that allows for extradition under these terms, they will extradite the owner of the website and any evidence to convict them.

>Friendly

GNUnet is indeed the near future of file sharing.
It's the only one of these not torrent things I see as potentially being usable by pleebs.
If anyone's bored and looking for a project, help write/fix GUI clients that use GNUnet.

>awaiting extradition to the United States
Does Ukrainian not have courts?

I'm saying that nothing of value will be lost if kat gets taken down. they killed themselves when they started to bend over for copyright owners.

>allow others to share their stuff
>CRIMINAL

How do I download everything of libgen? Is there a torrent of somthing?

yeah for you, i don't give a fuck about the hollywood blockbusters getting deleted also you can still download all deleted stuff easily if you actually were smart

>what are property rights?

Exactly my point, kat isn't a tracker, it's a search engine. if you want to download those files, you can do it without kat... if you were smart.

>sharing property is a crime

The rights of the distributor/publisher come first. If you don't like it change the law.

>allowing others to share is a crime

fuck, is that why I haven't been able to access it? What's a good replacement?

RIP

kat has its own tracker and lots of torrents there use it. also you're implying that you need a tracker to download torrents, which lets us all know that you're a retard.

World police, holy shit

>tpb dead
>kat dead
>might actually need to get into private trackers to be able to pirate shit
>mfw 200kps upload speed

????????

How is that relevant?

Poland is a much wealthier (not to mention politically stable) country than Ukraine, which is why Ukrainians are basically Poland's Mexicans (shitloads of them working illegally in construction, farming, cleaning, babysitting etc.)

That said, if I were the KAT guy (rich and wanted by the US), the last place I'd go to is Poland, which can't get enough of sucking Uncle Sam's cock. Even the TFA says: "The U.S. Government has arrested the alleged owner of KickassTorrents" even though the dude was just arrested by the Polish police. There's no doubt in my mind he'll get extradited.

Everything that gets deleted on kat gets deleted on every other search engine like torrents or getstrike so don't come at me with muh kat isn't a tracker.
Also >muh DHT search, yeah no

Word holy shit America is a courage whore

Capitalism is creating a one world government. Shit is getting crazy.

>trackers dont actually host the illegal files
>still get put in prison
>sites that link to trackers
>get put in prison

So what, just mentioning that a torrent exists on TPB can get you put in prison now?

HAHAHAHA PUBLIC TRACKER PLEB

b-but private servers

>sir tell me your name, home address, password
>also you have to interview face to face
>I'm sorry sir, you are not qualified to download from our site
>please retake the interview again

It's a meta search engine. Once all the real trackers are down won't be able to search that way.

Google it. There were instructions out there when they tried to take it down several months ago. Good luck, man. Keep that information free.

Why is it illegal to host torrents?
Anyone have the laws that make this illegal?

You can still search on DHT without them, but DHT search is really bad and you almost never get what you're really looking for.

Aхaхa блядь, eбaть лoх
КPЫMHAШ

Can they still be resurrected like TPB?

Stealing* from American studios probably wasn't a wise idea then.
*(yeah, yeah, I know; don't bore everybody with the argument again.)

TPB still lives.

thepiratebay.se is the same old url

>filesharing is theft
don't be that guy

>It also shows that Apple handed over personal details of Vaulin after the investigator cross-referenced an IP-address used for an iTunes transaction with an IP-address that was used to login to KAT’s Facebook account.

iKUCKS KUCKED AGAIN

>TPB still lives.
I don't know about that, senore. Page refuse to load.