Best distro to introduce someone to Linux?

I'm trying to convert people I know into Linux users to save the world from Microsoft.

What is the best distro for beginners to get a good introduction to Linux?

Not Elementary or anything that won't teach them anything or impress them at all. I'm thinking Ubuntu or Mint.

OpenSUSE or Fedora. Yes, really.

>I'm thinking Ubuntu or Mint.
As a windows user, I asure you they'll only care about desktop.

Mint with Cinnamon.
There is no need to scare them off with a rpm based distro, enterprise grade or unstable.

If people start to avoid you, don't wonder why

This is probably true. I'm not too familiar with it but I'll look it up.

Don't worry, I think I have my autism under control. I will not be forcing them to try it or anything.

Yeah, better scare them off with a distro that eats itself from the inside out instead.

Well, Mint isn't impressive at all too. Maybe Manjaro?

Unrelated but I will ask here.

I want to get into Linux and I'm thinking of trying out Arch. It seems very interesting and I will learn a lot from it. Is this a good idea or should I go with something else? I want to be able to use the terminal a lot. That's what interests me with it.

Arch

Perfect choice if that's what you want it for. You can obviously use the terminal in any distribution, but going without a set DE is the best way. Gentoo/Funtoo is also a good choice if you want bit of a challenge, but arch is probably more user friendly due to the wiki and not having to compile things.

FreeBSD

Debian stable with Gnome 3.
Seems like the middle point.

Ah, thanks for the info. Any tips or a DE you would recommend? XFCE seems nice, but I don't know too much.

I'd personally make your own by choosing all the programs and the WM yourself. Openbox is great for beginners.

Damn, didn't even think about Debian. That's probably a good option.

Not Fedora. Gnome is a laggy piece of shit, mostly on laptops. It runs like pure shit on my laptop. I swear Unity is even faster than it.

Ohhh that sounds interesting. Probably doing that. Seems like it will add a lot of research time though. Guess there is a guide for it if it gets overwhelming.

Peppermint is really nice and normie-friendly.

macOS

>Not Elementary or anything that won't teach them anything or impress them at all. I'm thinking Ubuntu or Mint.
>not trash1, I'm thinking trash2 or trash3

For sure they will be impressed by the incompetence of canonical and the mint team

mx-15