/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Anonymizing_yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=D8o9G5DeLQc
geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-MIUI-V7-16-0MP-TOUCH-ID---Gold-362396.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3NjQ9b3pgIg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

should I watch the office?

>What's a good ebook/pdf reader on Android? I don't mind paying
pls

Gawdamnnit

I use WPS office

google play books works fine for me

I am reading the Sup Forums wiki on user
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Anonymizing_yourself

It doesn't actually say how to obfuscate/hide IP. It says to get a VPN, and the VPN page just says "lol get a VPN." I have no intentions of nefarious activity, I simply don't want posts here tied to legit IP. I have a g-botnet email with real info that I use on a separate browser, but I imagine it still is tied to this place to some extent due to captcha.

How do I proxy? Alternatively, do free VPNs that aren't botnets even exist?
Please have some mercy Sup Forums, I know this is a stupid question but the place where I ought to have answers doesn't have it.

aldiko

how do i run an .exe from command line?

Proxies don't do shit. VPN's don't work with Sup Forums. This is not a truly anonymous site. Deal.

down vote

Start menu -> cmd -> cd C:\PATHTOYOURFILE\ -> program.exe

This has everything I need, thanks!

when i plug in an hdmi to my pc my gpu starts doing a high pitched noise and my shit just dies, then when i unplug it every fan starts running fast and i have to force a shutdown
am i dying Sup Forums?

How do I obtain a 2Dgf through the computer Sup Forums?

My Nexus 5 won't boot into Android (it only gets to the four 'dots' and reboots) so I want to flash stock onto it.
Which version of 6.0.1 do I download?

What is the HDMI connected to? Does the cable work on another computer?

Have you tried resetting it to factory defaults?

I have some old network cable in my basement, on the side of the wire it says "catagory 5 type E10xxxxxx" (don't have the exact numbers in front of me)

Does that mean it's cat5e or just cat5? The roll it's on is dated 97 but I'm pretty sure it was just rerolled onto an old roll some time ago.

Yeah, when I go into recovery mode it just reboots. I can't get the options to appear by pressing volume up and the power button or whatever the combination is.

If I want to pirate like a motherfucker, should I get a seedbox or VPN?

A VPS

Unless you're planning on having the files in your computer without the extra transfer with an FTP, get a VPN. If you want to torrent while being afk then downloading them via FTP, get a seedbox.

For a VPS, you gotta read their TOS first.

A mate of mine has given me his computer to fix, the windows has registry errors and needs a re installation, but one of his disks that has all his programs on it is inaccessible to me and is a dynamic disk.
How can I change this disk so that I can check that everything's alright with it without losing the files?

I don't mind FTPing from a seedbox. My download is good but my upload is poor, because that's what providers like to do in Canada. Privacy is my main concern.

how do i activate windows 10?
I used to use daz loader for windows 7 but i see there isnt a dazloader for windows 10

>how do i activate windows 10?
download windows 7
activate windows 7
upgrade to windows 10

there, saved you the google

a tv, and it works on an xbox atleast
i was using it earlier and it worked fine

does that actually work? doesnt windows 10 check the code once youre in anyway?

My PSU needs to be reset if I press the "Power" button before ~3 seconds after it's turned off.

PSU problem? I also started to get several "pops" coming from my DAC.

Microsoft Toolkit > Activate + Install Product Key + Install AutoKMS. Don't listen to that other retard.

Nah, they want you in 10. Daz seems to be perfect so it doesn't know/care.

>use DAZ Loader 2.2.2 for a good while
>try to install Win10
>gets to the main update screen
>fails
>gives me this screen (in English)
So, what, it's failing to apply Windows 10?
It reapplies the annoying THIS COPY OF WINDOWS IS NOT GENUINE message so I guess it's detecting something
What do I do?

I've been trying to learn 6502 assembly and I don't quite understand of the jmp/jsr/branch instructions work when looking at my binary in an hex editor.

The instruction I'm confused about is "bne raster". This translates to D0 F9 60 in the hex editor. What the hell is it actually jumping to?

Why do people hate VLC

Why does this happen when I try to flash 6.0.1 on my Nexus 5?

forgot picture

Have you tried NOT being a nigger and doing a CLEAN format of Windows 10 then ACTIVATING it with Microsoft Toolkit ?
I mean you used Windows 7 with DaZ Loader so you must not have any problem pirating Windows 10.

Has to be at leas 2.6 to work.

Because you can't click in the middle of the screen to pause.

Yes you should

If it was really a cat5e cable, they wouldn't label it in a way to confuse the potential customer

Incoming wall of text:

1.) Supposed that I have a shitty case that only has 1 exhaust fan at the back, PSU on top, my PSU can only get air from its huge fan at the bottom which is somewhat near the CPU stock cooler, will my PSU survive/won't overheat in my PC?

2.) Are most intel/AMD CPU stock coolers blows air/pulls air away from heatsink?

3.) I've been using my monitor that has 1280 x 720 resolution in my entire life so I'm also planning to upgrade it before planning entirely my overall custom PC build. Should I go with 1080p 144Hz G-Sync/FreeSync (cheaper option), 1440p 144Hz G-Sync/FreeSync (most expensive), IPS 60 Hz panels? 4K? I'm also aware that IPS looks better/color-accurate which comes with tradeoffs. (60Hz) Also stocks are somewhat limited so I might have fewer options/other monitors that are available on US are hard to here.

I currently play Dota 2 (as a pastime/casually) but I also want something to fall back on if I suddenly got tired at Dota and I want to play other "demanding" games at reasonable settings and FPS.

4.) In countless benchmarks that I saw, GPU with aftermarket coolers ran cooler under load than reference coolers but blows hot air around the case compared to reference coolers that blows hot air outside the case. Will a 140mm exhaust fan at the back of the case be enough to get rid of hot air from the GPU and CPU? (assuming I have an air cooler on my CPU)

this is stupid but I'm asking unironically. Once I type some code into notepad++ how do I save/export as an .exe or program?

youtube.com/watch?v=D8o9G5DeLQc

Is this a good place to buy a redmeme note 3 pro?
geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-MIUI-V7-16-0MP-TOUCH-ID---Gold-362396.html

Decent, easy to use, nice looking, well made password manager?

youtube.com/watch?v=3NjQ9b3pgIg

Even know my password is of decent length, upper/lower case, numbers mixed in, half words with slang and some l33t speak mixed in; this video still got me sort of paranoid. I might use this same password for everything because I'm lazy

A notebook.

what language are you writing in

Quick guys this instant on Amazon I can get a 6600k CPU for less money than the i5-4690k I was going to get for my build. What Skylake compatible motherboard is going to give me best price per dollar, preferably under $150?

Definitely a stupid question here. If I upgrade to winblows 10 how painless will the upgrade be? Will I actually have to uninstall/reinstall my shit for windows 10 or will it be fairly painless?

have you tried any 'cctv' products? pretty interesting tech

Got me there I guess. I might just switch all my accounts to a way stronger password because I'm too lazy to get out a notepad every time I want to log into a random website/service

C++

learn what a C++ compiler is

that's your first step

Anyway to actually connect to someone else's Wi-Fi without knowing the password?

Also my Wi-Fi goes out randomly throughout the night, reason why?

my CMOS time and date keep getting reset after I turn on my computer from about 2 hours of it being off.

I've already replaced the battery several times.

It's not the worst thing that can happen, but as a consequence my Windows 7 installation stops being recognized as authentic because of (I think) dazloader tinkering being reset and keeps asking me to authenticate every time and I have black ugly wallpaper.

so my motherboard is sick, right? what can I do?

AIO coolers or heatsink towers?

will do

Should I fall for the CE (Computer Engineering) meme or the CE (Chemical Engineering) gambit?

picrelated are my current specs. i am thinking of upgrading gpu to the gtx1060. is it worth upgrading my other companents as well or just the gpu? i have to change gpu regardless as my computer always crashes when i enable ssao on my games

Replace battery

replace the battery again?? but i've already done that several times

yea actually I found a solution while googling.
>So...I tested the housing of the battery...It has a Negative spring plate at the bottom and two positive folds at the top that make contact with the battery...So i bent them slightly untill i could test the signal on the back of the + and - pins on the motherboard... and FIXED. So easy! Hope this helps someone!
Just be careful not to break them when you bend them...they are fragile.

I'll try this when I get home!

Where's the /desktop/ thread?

WE DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB

how would i go about getting a desktop similar to this on windows 10?

is that a desktop
I can't tell

fucked up, here's a better screen

According to 6502 instruction set, bne is a relative addressing jump if Z = 0.
So it jumps to address stored in PC offsetted by 0xF9, and since bit 7 of 0xF9 is one, which signifies negative offset, it's probably some sort of loop

Would take a lot of effort man. If no one else has done something like that on Windows 10 then you might have to make/recolour all the textures yourself. Not to mention you'd have to go into the registry and fuck around just to try an edit some of the windowing styles (if it's even possible).

If you want something like that so bad why not install a Linux/GNU based distro where everything pretty easily customisable if you know what you're doing. And with some of the weebs from /desktop/s actual COOPERATION you might get a little help/guidance along the way

Is it all really worth it though? Why not just install OSX?

i thought about installing linux, steam is the only thing really holding me back at this point

I dual booted with Xubuntu but literally never booted into it because I honestly had no use for it. It is definietly great for the people who know how to use it well and can actually benefit from its advantages over other OS choices.

It's customisability is largely due to the fact the OS gives you so much control over every little thing. It's sort of like driving an automatic car versus a manual car. If you need that sort of control over your car and know how to utilise it, you'll learn to love it, it'll become second nature and you'll probably never go back. If you drive automatic car and have no need to switch to manual besides the fact of saying, "I can drive a manual car," then you might find it tough.

Are you used to driving paying little attention to what you're doing, eating food while driving, one hand free to do whatever, etc, etc? Of course this is easily achievable by an experienced manual driver as well, yet it requires more skill, practice, etc, etc.

Ultimately it all depends on if you'll really benefit from the change or not, just give it a go and you'll probably quickly figure out if it's for you or not.

Quick way of joining all videos in one directory together?

Reminder that desktopfags are degenerates of the highest order.

Pic related happened, now my computer is unable to boot, error being INNACESIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.
Already did sfc /scannow (which said ",windows resource protection could not perform the required operaion") chkdsk /f which said it could not do shit since he drive was write protected. Help me out friends

yeah but im genuinely interested in setting up something like those desktops i see floating around here.

system repair.
use the cd/dvd if necessary

System repair is unable to repair. It does nothing for a bit then reboots and says it was unable to fix the problem

Whats the significance of binary math for subnetting/networking? I understanding wanted to make sure you have a certain number of addresses available per group and understanding how much information can fit in a packet but I don't see why its deemed essential to know.

if i have a torrented windows 7 copy, am i able to install and use a fully legit version of windows 10 through the free upgrade?

Moon reader

You might be fucked.

Are you running system repair from the installed OS (which is broken) or from a booted disk/usb stick?

The latter will be more reliable.

At least say something in a reply to , fucker.
I don't like keeping unnecessary tabs open.

Where can I host a 100+GB database and search though it for free?

See the problem is, i can access the files through the command prompt in the recovery menu, i just cant boot.

Ill try to do what you said and try to recover with my usb

oh shit sorry

well thanks

>Install distro of choice
>Install i3 or use a DE for easymode
>Mess with settings
>Install screenfetch
>Install terminal applications for turbo autism
>Use anime wallpaper, hide useful UI elements, and set borderless windows for five seconds while you screenfetch -s
>Blog about how you lost your job at McDonalds three months ago and repost things from Gelbooru with two other failures on /w/ while sometimes shitting up Sup Forums with the worst official picture of Nico in existance

What is the grand scheme behind Snapchat?

>What is the grand scheme behind Snapchat?
collect everyone's personal data, then sell out.

See: instagram.

Why does Dwight Schrute appears in most of these threads?

Only if you can get Windows 7 to be activated properly.

always figured so, thanks mydude

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Building babbys first PC. Using it for:
>1080p 2D video editing
>photoshop
>browsing
not gaming

Should I just ditch the Asus GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card and spend that money on swapping my Intel Core i5-6500 for an i7-6700K?

Doing a new build, want good general purpose performance but wish to optimise for high performance with autistic citybuilders like Cities: Skylines, really undecided on the CPU though, thoughts?

Moon reader pro
it has dictionary and all, also good for tablets.

My Moto X's power buttom broke some months ago, it got kinda stuck and rarely works when i press it.
So I formatted my phone to finally take it to a technician and now it finish the formatting, the buttom is working again, after 2 fucking months.
Is it even barely possible or some kind of sick luck joke?

Just dropped water on a HDD. The water got into the ports and cables, still work as if nothing happened.

How much time before it breaks?

how do i run a "dos/winows exucutable" on linux? im on arch (manjaro)

Wine + Playonlinux