Will a 750ti work well with an oc Q6600?

Will a 750ti work well with an oc Q6600?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/3cYWGX/sapphire-video-card-100384itxocl
youtube.com/watch?v=V54W4p1mCu4
youtube.com/watch?v=0ETXqdkM2Ig
wccftech.com/sapphire-rx-480-nitro/
youtube.com/watch?v=-mNx0hL7nYo
anandtech.com/show/7933/the-desktop-kabini-review-part-1-athlon-5350-am1/3
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-AMD-HD-6950/2187vs3152
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131682
techspot.com/article/1039-ten-years-intel-cpu-compared/
i.4cdn.org/g/1469136033410.png
youtube.com/watch?v=DB3qnl7Tiyg
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sure

maybe. depends on what you'll run.

like GTA5 or FarCry. Im looking for above 30fps constant.

you'll be fine. Get the afterburner version tho.

Nigga the 460 is less than a month away, the 750 ti even loses to the 360 because of driver improvements

would there be any performance gains going to a 950 with my CPU? its only 40 dollars more. Also afterburner is the msi aftermarket version?

>would there be any performance gains going to a 950 with my CPU?

Nigga the 470 is less than a month away

Or there are 380s for around $150 now
pcpartpicker.com/product/3cYWGX/sapphire-video-card-100384itxocl

yeah but thats still a long time. also with gamestream i could stream games to the living room or tablet. I dont think AMD has any streaming technology.

something like 15-20 fps difference. it's quite a lot, considering you're gonna run demanding games.

>gamestream
Isn't that only for the shield?

Otherwise, there's steam in home streaming

yeah it is also I dont think steam streaming is very cpu friendly

this. Get a r9 380, it blows away the 950, 750ti, and everything else in that price range

How often are you even going to stream if you can do it? Seems like you'd want a newer i3 at minimum, because the 380 is faster than a 960 even

"The basic requirements are a Wi-Fi router and a modern gaming PC with a GeForce® GTX™ 650 or higher desktop GPU. The detailed requirements are:

GPU:
Desktop: GeForce GTX 650 or higher desktop GPU
Notebook: NVIDIA Kepler™-based GeForce GTX 600M or higher notebook GPU
The full list of supported GTX GPUs for Notebook is: 880M, 870M, 860M, 850M, 780M, 770M, 765M, 680M, 675MX, 670MX, and 660M.
CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz or AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8 GHz or higher
System Memory: 4 GB or higher
Software: GeForce Experience™ application and latest GeForce drivers
Routers: 802.11a/g router (minimum). 802.11n dual band router (recommended). Check out a list of NVIDIA GameStream™-ready routers.

"

Steam requirements
"Hardware:
We recommend a minimum of a quad-core CPU for the computer running the game. The client has more modest requirements, but should have a GPU that supports hardware accelerated H264 decoding. Any recent laptop or PC should meet the client requirements.

Network:
We recommend using a wired network for the best streaming experience. People have had some success with powerline networks and wireless N and AC networks with good signal, though your experience may vary.

Game Settings:
To improve your streaming experience, you can go into your game settings and lower your resolution and turn off vertical sync.

Steam Settings:
In the In-Home Streaming settings you can change a number of things that can affect your experience. You can change your preference for speed vs quality, limit the network bandwidth, and adjust the maximum capture resolution.?

In GPU bottlenecked games a q6600 is still decent enough to handle a 680/770

Keep SSAO as low as possible and clock the processor to 3.2Ghz minimum and you should be dandy with anything in the $150 range.

Yeah it does with a better cpu, nvidia still has the edge on the driver overhead

I got a gtx 950 for my q6600 a while back, and it plays GTA V at around 40fps. Assuming you Overclocked to 3ghz, a 750 Ti will do fine (and a further overclock will be even better)
Considering I found my desktop in the garbage bin at a restaurant, I'm surprised how well it is holding up.
>inb4 poorfag

Even with potential driver overhead it's literally 30% faster at base than the 950

got it i think i might wait until the GTX1050 which might be as powerful as a 970 considering the 1060 can beat a 980.

How much system ram do you have? I only have 4gb and hear that GTA5 can use upward over that.

More than 30% even especially with nvidia gimping, however it will also have lower lows

8gb ddr2, with GTA V open around 5gb was used.

If you're going to wait and save money the 4gb 480 is where you'd want to be, it's faster than the 1060 using DX12 and Vulkan which most games will be using in the future

Also on average the 1060 is just slightly behind the 980

There's basically no reason to go nvidia if you're spending $200 or less on your card, all the 9xx series cards lack A-sync and really fall behind with the newer APIs, not to mention they all have less performance compared to the AMD cards

youtube.com/watch?v=V54W4p1mCu4

4gb vs 8gb here

youtube.com/watch?v=0ETXqdkM2Ig

thanks i think i might go for the rx480 but they are all out of stock so looks like just more waiting for benchmarks. also are aftermarket version of the 480 more expensive then the reference models?

Cost should be about the same, still no real info on release dates but we're seeing pictures of a lot of them

here's the nitro with an 8 pin
wccftech.com/sapphire-rx-480-nitro/

ASUS is supposed to launch one with an 8 pin and a 6 pin

You`re way better off doing that, but just for shits.

youtube.com/watch?v=-mNx0hL7nYo

5350 is ~ core 2 duo performance. Reference material:
anandtech.com/show/7933/the-desktop-kabini-review-part-1-athlon-5350-am1/3

And the 7770 is overal a worse card than the 750ti. Pretty damn smooth gameplay, though. However, the 6950 is overall a better card, which you can buy for 60$ after a 20$ rebate.

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-AMD-HD-6950/2187vs3152

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131682

You`re still way the fuck better off going with the newer tech. But it burned some time fishing that bit up.

depending on the OC.

stock q6600 bottlenecked my gtx 460 pretty badly, and it's only a fraction of FAST compared to 750 ti

I've seen people pair AMD Athlon II X4 645 with a GTX 970...

Wait, I have the gigabyte OC one, how much can I overclock it? Because 3ghz looks overkill, unless you mean the CPU. I have my 750ti at +175 mhz or so

I'm typing this on a Q6000 overclocked to 3.2 Ghz. I have a EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SUPERCLOCKED 2048MB GDDR5, which is also overclocked. (I built this computer 8 years ago and it still runs great)

I run Skyrim on High at 4 samples antilaising and at 8 samples anisotropic filtering and I only get 40 fps, but that's because I use high res texture mods and ENB post processing .

you should turn antilaising off and anisotropic filtering off if your using ENB post processing. ENBseries has it's own antilaising and anisotropic filtering built into it and having both on will slow your fps way down.

Good to know. Thanks!

Don't buy a new graphics card dude. It's time to start saving up your money so that you can buy a Skylake.

>you've been waiting for a reason and Skylake is that reason

I sometimes regret not getting something better
But yes, it will work fine, I have the same setup

4GB is not enough any more

An 8 year processor is too fucking old.

minimum of 8gigs 16 is standard now.
>ddr4

It still performs better in games than the meme pentium or a shitty i3
The only problem isthat most old boards don't support SATA3, so your SSD will be limited

I just replaced my Q6600 with a Skylake

The Q6600 isn't a true quad core. It's two dual cores mashed together.

This creates a cache issue.

>year 2016
>buying a 750ti
Why?
There are literally more powerful gpus for the same price.

the Q6600 isn't a true quad core. Sure, it has 4 cores, but it is really just two dual cores mashed together. Keep in mind the cache is split between two pairs of cores, so two cores can't use the cache from the other two cores so you really only have 4mb usable cache for the processor without getting into cache swapping overhead.

This was fine, 8 years ago. It isn't anymore.

his 8 year old proc can use much more than that. buying a better GPU for that rig would be a waste because his CPU would bottleneck the card.

>The Q6600 isn't a true quad core. It's two dual cores mashed together.
We already discussed it. It's a fucking quadcore.

That's bullshit though. My 750Ti runs at 100% usage if I max the settings

>It's a fucking quadcore.

That has it's cache split in half.

R9 380 is almost twice the price of 750Ti. I wouldn't call it the same price range.

You're looking at the 8GB ones, dipshit

Its only 4gb max retard

>dipshit

You seem upset. Perhaps you're emotionally attached to an antiquated piece of hardware and that emotional attachment is preventing you from performing the objective assessment necessary to conclude that your old ass gaming rig needs to be put out of it's misery.

2GB, dipshit.

techspot.com/article/1039-ten-years-intel-cpu-compared/

This is such a great and in-depth comparison of how CPUs evolved over the last decade or so.

Check out the Q6600 and see how it fares compared to today's chips.

I think the more interesting is FX-8350. Why did they even bother releasing such a piece of shit? In some single-threaded benchmark, it fucking lost to 7 years older Core 2 Duo. Hell, it lost to Celeron G1820, MSRP $42.

muh cores

Problem is good ddr2 ram is being price gouged at ridiculous prices like $200 for 8gb.

You don't need retarded gaymer RAM

>Q6600
>$530
Was it really this expensive in America?
In Germany it was 230€ while it was still new.

Yeah when it first came out. I got mine for around 350usd

>gamestream i could stream games to the living room or tablet
By god you don't want to though
Latencies are still horrible, no matter what the Nvidia apologists try to say. There's a reason why their Shield isn't selling too well.

That's what I'm running.

Mine worked fine with my old quad core Phenom II.

>Will a 750ti work well with an oc Q6600?
One of the best cards you can get for the q6600 imo.
Don't get amd because of the CPU overhead.
OC that Q6600 if you havent already. Get a 212 EVO for 25 bucks and you should put that thing up to 3Ghz no problem.

That's because 4GB DDR2 RAM was almost non existent. It's probably cheaper to get 4 x 2GB DDR2 modules assuming your motherboard has four slots.

>buying a better GPU for that rig would be a waste
Tossing your GPU in the garbage when you upgrade your CPU/Mobo/RAM would be a waste too. Ideally he should upgrade that first, but there's nothing wrong with sticking a newer card in old hardware.

What about the q8200? It has hyper threading and my never 2400 dont, but is it a true quad core??

q6600 is fucking garbage dude, no one should ever use it in a modern day "budget" build. even a mid range amd cpu like an fx 6300 is miles better.

8gb of ram is dirt cheap. no excuse at all for having less.

most games can use close to 4gb and then you have your system taking up some, so 4gb is not enough. it will slow you down.

higher speed ram also boosts minimum performance in games by a small factor. (1-5 frames per mhz bracker) buy the fastest speed you can afford and it will last you till the standards change.

q6600 @ 3.4 ghz with ddr3, SSD, 6950 here.

Will run most things, certainly on medium. Atilla, Fallout 4 and Crysis 3 bend it over and are unplayable. But those games bend over most modern non-sli machines.

>tfw fallout 4 is bottled keked by ddr3 @ 1333 rather than raw cpu horsepower

It is a strange feel.

yes, thats my exact setup right now

This, I did a Q6600 budget build in Jan 2014, and it was great then, but it's too old for a new build in 2016, you will bottleneck things.

i.4cdn.org/g/1469136033410.png

does the graphics card ever hit near 100% usage?

Spend the money on a new comp. That q6600 is dam slow

im not playing any demanding games like BO3 or the Division. Mostly just Skyrim CSGO and a few others. The only game im concerned about is GTA5 which could get alot of lag.

I'm using an HD7750, a lesser card, and GTA V only hits 40 percent GPU usage.

holy kek that CPU bottleneck must be insane for the 750ti. Maybe im better going off with a 740gt but im scared that it would bottleneck in some GPU intensive game

It's not so bad in the older games I play that aren't huge open world games, the GPU will easily get slammed graphically, GTA V is just so heavy.

are those graphics set to low or is it AA? I think that in dx11 AA is processed by the cpu too.

Everything was on default with AA off in 720p

Only thing I haven't been able to play above a consant 30 FPS on at least Medium settings has been DOOM, which is a piece of shit anyway.

You'll be fine.

just check the min specs on steam. It says an i5 is required to play. this is why companies should hire people who can optimize a game properly.

A lot of games say that, and yet still run fine and don't bottleneck my Q9550 with no OC. Minimum system requirements are a meme, 95% of the time.

It`s obviously the CPU getting slammed. GPU load is only 43% in that image.

Was planning to get a new gpu also.
Talking with various people all suggested that I should wait for the new 460. I got a Q8400 stock 4gb ddr2. Should I wait or get an ilder gpu cause the bottleneck would be really bad?

I'm bottlenecked like a bitch on my Q6600, which is faster than a Q8200, best thing would be to save some dollars, and build a 2600k rig on the cheap, it's not terrible old technology and it won't bottleneck it so hard. I love Core 2 chips, but we are hitting a wall with how fast our GPUs can be.

You may get 40FPS spikes, but it's impossible you average 40FPS with those settings

Does anyone know if ill gain a performance boost from a 750ti to a 950 on the q6600?

If the game isn't CPU intensive, the cpu will get a performance boost, but under something like GTA V where the game alone slams out the CPU, it doesn't matter how fast your card is, you're not going to see an fps increase.

okay what about gpu sided games like farcry 3/4? is there any sort of benchmarks with the quad on this type of setup??

the guy in this video has a Q8300 and he claims the cpu is bottlenecking the card.

youtube.com/watch?v=DB3qnl7Tiyg

You may get a 5-10fps increase, more if you oc, but if you have a 750ti already and you oc it to the max it'll be just as fine.

If a game is not cpu intensive the q6600 is more than enough, but if a game is cpu intensive, the q6600 shows its age.

definitely doesn't look like the cpu is the problem when the gpu is hitting 99%

Oh shit, nvm, the guy in the video must not really understand bottlenecking if he's hitting 99% usage with fraps recording the game.

yeah im deciding on which one to get. the 950 is around 150 dollar price range and the 750ti can be bought for 95 bucks.

its not fraps he stated he was using the nvidia shadowplay.

If you can get the 750ti for 95 bucks and you can't wait, then get that offer.
Otherwise it might be better to wait for the RX 460.

if i have to wait that long i might as well get the 1050 if it falls into the same price range of around 150 or less.

>1050
Shit user, that's a lot of money to be dumping into an old platform, get a sandy bridge or newer motherboard, and a cheaper gpu, then you'll see a boost.

yeah im thinking of maybe buying either a rx480 or 1060 and then upgrading next year when ZEN arrives.

good fucking luck

>V
>Heavy
>K.