Are there any shadowplay alternatives?

Are there any shadowplay alternatives?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JrZmAhnEddw
youtube.com/watch?v=gYXl8FQHdCY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no lol just use shadowplay

Nothing as good as shadowplay, it has like a 1% performance impact.

Tried fraps and lost 20 fps, fucking hell.

plays.tv literally does the same function

Buy superior nvidia hardware or deal with it.

OBS brah

OBS
If you can't even figure out how to change the video encoder to a GPU-accelerated one then i don't know what you're doing on Sup Forums

>plays.tv

GTFO

OBS benched against shadowplay has a 2-3x performance loss. Use your google.

The only reason not to use shadowplay is if you don't have an AMD card. It's far and away the best solution.

OBS is what the pros use

youtube.com/watch?v=JrZmAhnEddw

It's actually better because you can choose to record 30 second or whatever you like highlights

What wrong woth plays.tv, sure the community its trying to create is clunky, but thats all optional, and it records with very minimal perf. impact.

I have to register to record???

I dont think so, but I did login with steam, when recording cs go gameplay or dota I belive it marks down ur aces and deaths on the plays.tv player

plays.tv is bloatware crap

just another part of horrible amd drivers

OBS is total shit compared to Shadowplay

See this: youtube.com/watch?v=gYXl8FQHdCY

I dunno what that shadowplay thing is but it has play on it so it must be about le vidya so I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you to fuck off back to

you can just use OBS+VCE for ghetto shadowplay on amd setups, i never use shadowplay or goyforce experience on my system and see no perf impact from streaming/recording with OBS and NVENC either.

also if you have a modern intel cpu (sandy vagina or newer) you can use quicksync's encoder instead if vce or nvenc give you perf loss.

>Shadowplay
>In 2016
Time to switch to nVidia Share you plebs

i have a gtx 750 and i can use shadowplay, but if i upgrade to rx 480, will i lose shadowplay? or i will have it forever

>playing games
>RECORDING yourself playing games
Grow the fuck up

1:56

>30 seconds
>better
How retarded are you

Sorry I didn't want to record the full hours of gameplay and not only that force my HDD to deal with not only loading textures but also writing video at the same time. It's even convenient for many videos where you are just showing highlights and you don't have to go find them.

Maybe you could ask next time why I would want such a thing.

shadowplay literally has that feature you asshat

You are aware that recording the last 30 seconds or the last hour makes no difference in regards to HDD usage besides the temporary file size difference?
Also why would you defend a restriction? There is no downside for the end user in providing the option to record a larger time frame.
None.

I'm defending the option

And I forgot to make it absolutely clear yes, you use a different drive for recording, preferably a SSD. It only uses up a small portion.

Lose it, it's an Nvidia feature.

If you look in the thread plays.tv has all of shadow play features

OBS Studio with NVENC.

MSI Afterburner with the AMD VCE encoder.

If you're running on Windows 10 it has some kind of shadowplay if you press winkey+G.

>OBS benched against shadowplay has a 2-3x performance loss. Use your google.

No it doesn't, you stupid faggot. OBS can use NVENC just like Shadowplay. If it's giving a bigger performance hit, you have it set up wrong. Not to mention that OBS is capable of far better quality captures than Shadowplay.

The Xbox recorder is decent when set up for background recording. I had it on without even realizing it until I ended my session and I had several half hour long videos. Or maybe it was plays.tv.. Pretty sure it was the built in recorder with w10.

Been trying several different programs myself. Sharex is fucking useless, obs takes a hefty performance drop, the Xbox recorder I haven't fucked with since trying a manual recording where it shit itself with abysmal framerates. Plays.tv is super lightweight but has shit for options.

Best thing I've found was bandicam, which gave my 7950 a ~10fps drop on doom. But it can record up to 120fps. However, it makes the bloatiest fucking videos ever. Bit rates exceeding 10,000 for half resolution and 60% quality. That's at 60 fps.

Still learning how to set all that shit up, though.

Buy Nvidia, keep the features afterwards, aha kek

I found a cheap HD PVR and use that to record gameplay -- no performance hit at all.

Plays.tv is breddy gud, if you can into getting your settings right. Low impact and justwerks on my machine, but it is missing some features that shadowplay has, like recording desktop, and having to upload smaller clips to the site is retarded, when it saves the clip to your folder, as well. Otherwise, I personally don't have any issue with it.

If you don't mind starting it up every time you play, OBS is the gold standard, especially with good plugins. Xsplit isn't bad, apparently, but I've never used it myself.

Isn't AMD Gaming Evolved Client more or less the same thing?
It has a Shadowplay-esque feature set, with the HD PVR shit and whatnot

The only decent negligible performance impact alternative is to use a second PC with OBS and a capture card.

Just stay away from those shit tier USB capture devices. I recommend a SC-512N1-L/DVI if you want to do 1080@60.

OBS
Dxtory
Afterburner

Shadowplay's quality is utter shit but worst of all, it doesn't have enough options. I have no knowledge of VCE. Quicksync is also pretty shitty.

I pretty much only use NVENC on OBS or PlayClaw, or just straight CPU encode if my rig can handle it (it usually can; it's an FX-8350 level machine).

Ignore these cunts. Plays.tv is superior in every way.

>lets you customize recording resolution/bitrate/framerate

>can record literally every second of gameplay for viewing later or just highlights

>can set hard storage limits on recordings, allowing you to have dedicated storage space for game replays without having to create another partition or use another disk.

Wrong, see OBS with NVENC is way slower than shadowplay

its vidya recording software that has a minimal impact in preformance

There's a CPU hit to using NVENC through OBS while Shadowplay just dump all the encoded frames into a temp file with incredibly negligible cpu usage. I mean that's why I like it and I think most of the anomisity in this thread are just people who don't really know how it works.
I think plays.tv is the same principle using AMD VCE but from what I read the CPU overhead from the software is higher than shadowplay ( but much less than OBS )

>no technology allowed.
When will Linux ricefags fuck off?

MSi Afterburner + AMDVEC
or whatever external plugin option name there is for amd
>Shadowplay's quality is utter shit
stop drinking cool aid

Never because no girl will ever touch their peeny.

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Either buy a recording card or live with frame rate loss.
I sometimes use Bandicam which supports HW accelerated h264 encoding. Impact is maybe ~10%.

Atleast try shadowplay.

The Nvidia shills are especially voracious in this thread, quick to knock down and ignore any possibility that AMD has a competitor for decent recording.

I'm on AMD

Though considering moving from my 290 to a 1070 zotac

Mirillis action

We had this same shill thread three days ago, you won't get paid if you recycle your posts so frequently

VCE has been around longer than NVENC, I still remember the truly shitty Avivo days
desu all of this hardware encoders are shit at best, Qucksync even became worse in later iterations, no one really benchmarks VCE/NVENC across different generations so I dunno' if they made them worse

No frame loss here I capture raw =^)

Well I guess OP doesn't want to record onto an SSD, otherwise something like Lagrith would be frame loss-free yes.

Just record the last 3 minutes and press the save key when you have something worth saving =^)

If you need all of it then get a setup for that like a capture card =^)

OBS works on Linux, so you can just regain the performance loss that way.

>explaining shadowplay

>linux
>better performance

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go back to your desktop thread you arch autist.

>buy a recording card
>not buying a separate streaming computer

Enjoy that 50% framerate loss, kek.

Plays.tv is just bloatware bundled with AMD drivers, shadowplay is actually part of geforce experience and works flawlessly.