At long fucking last

at long fucking last

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/2998967/windows/how-to-block-the-windows-10-upgrade.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't be too happy, after July 29 it will become a ransomware

Has a company ever been this insistent toward pushing their """consumers""" despite their repetitive refusals?

I honestly fail to grasp why this has become such an issue. Windows 10 is the newest version of Windows, therefore it will receive support for the longest time to come. There is no reason to not to upgrade to 10 if you are going to stick with Windows. Microsoft is trying to get people to install the upgrade while its free instead of waiting it out and then paying/pirating the upgrade, which is a good thing.

I mean, if you want to stay with Windows, you might just as well get the latest version of it. If not, then GTFO and proceed with your rants on ubuntu community forums or something, there are plenty of options.

Crying about Microsoft encouraging one to upgrade is just the same as fat people whining about how pro-health organizations are shaming them.

Someone please clarify?

TL;DR Why would someone stick with Windows but not get the updates/upgrades?

Fuck off, poo

This is what you get when the userbase is basically mouthbreathers and you give them the option to do something for their own good or to not to do anything and face the consequences.

In 6 months we will have thousands of people crying how their pirated W10 (cuz it aint cool when its free&legal) shipped with malware.

>Why would someone stick with Windows but not get the updates/upgrades?
I don't want their shitty 'updates/upgrades'.
By the way, Windows 7 will still be supported until 2020.

So you are planning to completely transfer to UNIX before that? Why not do it right away then?

cause half of my fucking drivers don't exist for win10 mofo

Why do you care what kind of OS somebody else is using or not using?

I will use Windows 7 until 2020 and see if they make a better windows 11. If not, I will either continue using Windows 7 (I don't care about updates), or if the compatibility completely fucks up, pirate Windows 10 and try to remove as much shit as possible. Hopefully by 2020 they will be able to remove most of it.

The fuck is your OS running on then? Amiga?

I don't, I only question peoples need to complain about being asked to instead of forced to keeping their systems up to date.

I know it has become a meme but it still floods a lot of the media I follow on a daily basis.

And your complaining about complainers is better why?

So you really do find it reasonable to pirate a free upgrade? Fascinating.

For alike reasons as you consider your questioning of my questions to be valid.

free upgrade if your current version isn't pirated.
Yes, I do.

>free

Just how much of a complete dipshit retard do you have to be to swallow that crap?

NOTHING is free. They are trying to get you into their van with a promise of free candy.

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

In your first posting I only see insults for people who don't have the same opinion as you do.

[citation needed]

You are sticking with Microsoft products, if this was a reference to datamining then you should know that what is found in W10 is found in W7 and W8 as well. Again, if you insist on sticking within the Windows family, you might just as well get the newest and most highly prioritized in terms of future updates version of Windows, or make the transit to some other platform.

Complaining about having to upgrade is just stupid and pointless and you only prove your stupidity by doing so.

It's free as long as your current version is activated, which was implied as updates were mentioned.

i have a 2011 laptop

Yes, because I'm questioning something I find rather ridiculous yet so many people behave so. There seems to be no valid reason for this kind of behavior.

jesus christ you aren't even hiding the fact you get paid to shill

Go to hell Bill Gates. Learn that "no" means no and learn that the reason people say "no" is none of your concern.

>July 29
>Good news everyone! We extended the period of getting a FREE* Windows 10 upgrade!

/thread

>corporations claim moral justification for taking over peoples property "for their own good"
>t. shill

Chill out instead of shilling out, Dexter.

when i was a little kid we went on vacation to turkey, and a local roach offered me and my brother some sugered peanuts, he insisted we took them and said they were free.

later, of course, he came back and extorted our parents for payment.

lesson learned, never accept anything that is ''free''.

Why are you shilling adware?

They will not make Windows 11, instead they'll support 10 for lifetime.
Anyways, 8.1 support ends 2024, and I'm fully converted to GNU/Linux already. Only use Windows for Skyrim and Oblivion. Until 2024 GNU/Linux gaming will rise as SteamOS rises.

>Until 2024 GNU/Linux gaming will rise as SteamOS rises
Valve has been really quiet about SteamOS lately. I think you can forget your wildest wet dreams about SteamOS taking off.

Removing the icon is no more difficult than removing any other kind of spam or adware from your computer. Just google "how to remove the windows 10 update icon" and there you go. The PcWorld article has a good link in it.

pcworld.com/article/2998967/windows/how-to-block-the-windows-10-upgrade.html

But the fact that it is possible to do this is not the point. The point is that you are being forced to treat your OS supplier as a fucking adware/spam operation.

What would they supposed to be doing?
It's still in development. Unlike publishers on Steam, they don't commit unfinished product.
Why would someone brag about something that isn't in existance fully yet?

>if this was a reference to datamining then you should know that what is found in W10 is found in W7 and W8 as well
*was not originally in W7 but was later added in with updates that can be disabled very easily

>they don't commit unfinished product
Nice joke. The last 5 fuckups by Valve, because they pushed something unfinished is nothing, right?

Still, what I was saying is that they have enough power to reach out to developers to convince them making games for SteamOS (if the whole VR thing doesn't fuck it up).

The next version will be Windows Forever! and they implant a chip into your brain.

Okay, so serious question; Is Windows 10 still shit? I have graphic tablet drivers on this thing and no CD, so may be the deciding factor. Plus, my laptop is a pretty old and somewhat shitty Toshiba, and with an even shittier graphics set up.

>Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

I'm afraid new shit won't even work with that.

How much risky is upgrading then rolling back, to keep key upgraded for future, just in case?

I mean, I have Win7 on my main desktop PC at home but dont want to screw something over, so I would have to make clean install.

I have also laptop with 8.1 N, but probably will leave it at 10 without rerolling, since I just hope that the problem with NONE Pascal programs running at all on it is related to 8.1 or maybe the N edition (checked and they work fine on Win7 and Win10).

does that mean i can boot into W7 again without having to fear my OS might change behind my back if I leave it alone for five minutes?

don't even bother reasoning here, user. this board is 99% linux neckbeards that will suck stallman's cock mindlessly. bunch of hypocrites.

Enjoy your deprecated OS full of vulns

THAT'S RIGHT SHILL

SHILL UNTIL YOUR FINGERS BLEED YOU FUCKING WHORE

Cry harder freetard, this is a windows board.

Fuck back to gaymer manchild, your doritos are waiting

Nice projection freetard

>inb4 they add a bonus month extension to claim winblows 10 free

Sure thing, manbaby

My guess is that the offer will run out. There will be a few months without nagging, and then around Christmas time they'll say "as a Christmas gift we are giving you this upgrade for FREE!" once again.

>mfw when they installed a new terminal at workplace, Dell desktop, Win 7 Pro

It just werks and looks good and clean. Win 10 is like a forced "change-something" compared to it. Win 10 looks like a modern windows 3.11 for fuck sake.

>TL;DR Why would someone stick with Windows but not get the updates/upgrades?
Because people sooner listen to their tinfoil hats than actual real reason. Freetards bitching and insulting Win10 is stupid. You're already on your tinfoil hat OS, stop bothering the regular people.

>if it isnt broke dont fix it
all my old shit works fine and i've read too many horror stories about win10 fucking things up

At long fucking last you autismos are going to stop making upgrade threads after the 29th

I had to for a friend since her computer bricked and she didn't have the install cd for win7 and windows would help. I also built my own and used....

>I honestly fail
Agreed.

Installing the win10 update as I post this.
Can't wait to play all these (((awesome new video games))) with my GTX1080!!!!

For tech illiterates: Microsoft is basically forcing them to upgrade. They don't know how to disable it, or if they can figure it out it's too late by the time Microsoft forces them.

For tech literates: if someone makes a conscious decision not to upgrade, it probably won't help to ask them over and over.

It's honestly just annoying. I switched to Linux, and I occasionally still boot into Windows 7, but that's maybe once a week.

>Why not do it right away then?
Irrelevant. If it's still supported then what's wrong with still using it? (Disregarding the fact that it's not illegal to use software that is no longer supported.)

Yeah, people installing it on Vista laptops were the loudest.

>For tech literates: if someone makes a conscious decision not to upgrade, it probably won't help to ask them over and over.
It's asking them, it's informing them when it's going to happen. And closing the window doesn't stop it, just like closing terminal emulator window isn't stopping the stuff it's doing. Most people were and are too stupid to just click on "I'm not interested'.

Why are you lying on the internet?

Fuck off Pajeet

They are like that elderly housewife that lives down the block. Her life is so meaningless and boring that literally the only joy she gets out of life is being in everyone else's business. What she really needs is to get laid, but that ain't happening, because she'd just lay there like a corpse, and make it as unrewarding as possible. So instead she just stands peeping out the window all day, watching normals living and enjoying their lives, and feeling outraged by what she sees. How dare they! How fucking dare they not meet her approval!

>just like closing terminal emulator window isn't stopping the stuff it's doing
What's the point of ending bash commands with ampersands then?

Windows Vista does not have this problem.

google. Gmail

Are they serious? Is this real? A freaking count down?

>350 million have upgraded

Only 350 million have upgraded to Win10, and only 8 days and 12 hours to go.

Fail.

Microsoft wants to milk this for as long as possible. I think people are more likely to make an impulsive decision if they know they have limited time left to decide.

It's not even good candy. It's like old people candy, like peanut brittle, circus peanuts, or nigger toe candy.

i have tragic problems with the all the software (webcam, maxxaudio, mobility center) not working and i also have to soundcard or touchpad drivers so no speaker config or multitouch.

Why not just make it stay free forever?

Please respond ;_;

Windows 10 is the John Deere of operating systems.
You don't own your hardware

As soon as LTS for Win7 is gone I am a 100% Linux user

>Razer gaming door

It will become free for home consumers at some point I reckon. Microsoft is going the way of Apple regarding their OS which is a good thing. Having the vast majority of the userbase on the same up-to-date OS is great from a security standpoint. Plus, making the OS dirt cheap allows them to find new to make revenue ( Windows store and shit )
I won't be using it anyway but I can see why they did it