Is this actually true Sup Forums?

Is this actually true Sup Forums?

What?

>4th biggest
4th biggest piece of shit. Behind ubuntu, ubuntu, and ubuntu

Why install mint? Because you like the color green? Terrible.

Arch for main OS, emulate Kali if necessary, ubuntu for AWS instances (free tier).

why is World capitalized? That's not a proper noun, is it?

Arch is actually the perfect desktop OS while I do use Ubuntu for my home server for NFS and torrenting

False. A crafted FreeBSD is the perfect desktop OS.

yeah but your desktop environment is bloatware.
Gotta go with just X server and a window manager like awesome or just give up.

Manjaro is better ; )
I had really bad experiences with Ubuntu (unity) i prefer a lot more Manjaro with KDE Plasma

It's pretty great for someone who knows his shit, Mint is pretty good for beginners. But then again, so is Ubuntu. I think a beginner is better off with the latter.

kde is terrible, unity is admittedly worse. That's why it's only good for servers with no display.

no

You all should try gentoo...
No, not meme

Compiling every package from source sounds like an error-prone nightmare (not that that isn't fun).
What is the real benefit over Arch?

Getting help from Linux users is more frustrating than the Pajeets when you contact Microsoft.

At least if you pay MS you get to talk to white native English speaking people who know what the fuck they are talking about.

The only decent way to get help with Linux is to insult it so all the nerds come out trying to show the biggest terminal e-peen but on irc you'll get banned pretty fast.

>Bloat
user, my hard disk can manage a few GiB with no issue. It's 2016

don't worry he's not gonna figure out irc if he needs help already

Hard disk? It's a CPU hog and GUI < CLI anyway. Don't use a desktop environment.

twm or fuck off

hahha i actually wrote twm in the post but deleted it for fear of harassment.

So? who is the best for you? I already tryed Enlightment, Gnome 3 i think KDE Plasma is the best becouse it looks cool, it is very very costumizable, easy to use and it doesnt take too much RAM

Not him but try MATE, Trinity and LXDM

Actually GNOME's network manager applet is retarded some times.

However $nmtui never failed on me.

You don't need a desktop environment. Just hook awesome or twm into your x config and learn Lua or copy pasta

Everyone uses a desktop environment

LXDM is incomplete it doesnt have a search bar, it doesnt support Compiz, why so much hate on KDE plasma? Let me now

Arch is shit

source: my personal experience

It always crashes for me
And it's still slower than KDE3 was

>That's not a proper noun, is it?
In some cases, yes. But it's one of those sometimes proper nouns that we've generally agreed not to capitalise, like the seasons of the year.

...Although some people do capitalise the seasons. But they're weird.

I have a different personal experience

Everyone except everyone who uses awesomeWM or a low resource window manager.

I've seen raspberry pi's running desktop environments and it's just ridiculous. Desktop environments add a ton of latency, all you really need is a run tool and some shortcuts to pop open a browser and other common applications. Try awesome.

People who start a typed sentence with "but" are also weird

>download build-it-yourself OS
>build a piece of shit
>Arch is a piece of shit
Nice experience user. Hope it gets you employment..

Any WM + File Manager + Terminal emulator + Panel = DE

Never crashed or something like that, and I didnt feel it slower then KDE3 (i tryed it on Mint), just give me some real motivation guys. Maybe it takes a little more time then the others DE in the loading step after the login but after all i think it is great.

test

Yeah, that's basically my point. Except there's no reason to use a file manager. Like, ever. That's what ls, mv, cp and rm are for.

openbox is enough for me, it's not bloated and does everything a good WM should.

tiling WMs are too autistic for me

People call awesome a tiling window manager but is it really? It's got so many different modes, floating, tiling, fixed, fullscreen. I've written a tiling window manager in C with the old synchronous x11 lib and I still don't really know what the problem is here.

I have no qualms starting sentences with coordinating conjunctions. Even with 'and.'

...And I'll have you know that that's what they're for, indicating the start of a new sentence. Whether demarcated by a comma, full stop, or nothing at all, it's still a new sentence!

grammar thread.
Go!

Maffs an English, stoopid!

>just want to setup gnome with some nvidia drivers
>follow instructions to the letter
>it doesn't work
>try installing gnome first, then drivers
>drivers won't install
>try installing drivers first
>gnome won't install
>install xfce instead
>everything is broken and nothing works
>install mint
>everything works within 10 minutes
>go about my day

arch is a meme

Okay, sorry you failed, but productivity is important and I understand your point.

>windows 10
>windows 7
>windows 8.1
>windows 8
>windows xp
loonix doesn't even scratch top 5

y suck LOL

You do realise you just failed to install your drivers properly.

The beauty of Linux is, if a distro can do a certain thing, you are almost sure to replicate the same thing in another distro. Maybe you were not ready for a DIY distro

>you pay MS
>Linux users

free come with a price.

Also you are probably some piece of shit who haven't contribute anything for anyone, so you just get what you deserve.

>if a distro can do a certain thing,
You mean crash, hang, corrupt data etc?

Include reminding your inability to read

Unfortunately no distro can cure incompetence.

Nope, but easy distros like *buntu's can prevent them from having to be competent.

>meme bistro for main OS

If Mint is so popular, it must be good!

>he isn't using wayland+sway
lol

and it's pointless when you have the ubuntu mini.iso install with steam supported by valve