E-book readerss

Some time ago some anons were talking about cheap e-book readers as an alternative to amazon monopoly in this field. I want to know Sup Forums opinion about recommended readers for small amount of money 100$ max would be great, poor user here.

Kindle Paperwhite

I want a reader that has a comfy grib area like the kindle oasis but does not cost a fortune.

Just buy the cheapest kindle and pirate your literature. Done and dusted.

I own pic related (Kindle 2013) as well as the Kindle Paperwhite (2015).

I've bought the PW during prime day for 70 Euro.

It's has super sharp text and background lighting.
What no reviews told me is that with background lighting on you sometimes see small bits of magnets in the screen that didn't properly assemble. The complete lack of physical buttons is also a minus.

It still is the the best e-reader money can buy.

Kobo and Nook are your only real alternatives to Kindle.

i got a refurbished kobo glo for 50 euro. it's great, as new. install coolreader and it's perfect.

Apple iPad

>cheap

The paper white is the best. You don't need to buy your books from Amazon!

This. Remember to use amazon tech support chat to get the indians to remove your ads for free.

MOBI isn't an issue because calibre can convert epubs easily

Op here
If I ever wanted to read on highlighted screen I wouldn't even ask about e-book readers and just read on my phone. Also kill yoursefl
Do you mean first gen?

I use third gen

Kobo is the best

I was using the PocketBook 622 Touch for 4 years. It reads most formats and had an audio jack port. I literraly destroyed it (it was on the ground and I walked on the screen at night).

I have recently bought the PocketBook TouchLux 3. Bad side is that it doesn't have the jack port (never used it btw) but on the bright side it has a backlight screen which is pretty cool when you need to read at night without disturbing the sleep of your gf (never no that).

I really recommend it, if you have any question just ask. And don't step on it at night.

You're a faggot OP. Backlit screen is based, a far cry from your faggotphone.

Paperwhite has a backlight that can be turned off and has adjustable brightness

I enjoy my Kobo Glo HD. The backlighting seems very natural although this is the first e reader i had my hands on

I wish that I liked to read, I really honestly fucking hate it.
How do you guys manage to sit for hours and read a book?

I bought a Kindle 3 for $15 and use it to read EPUBs and any PDFs that read well enough with the margins cropped off.

Just sit and read, what are you doing right now?

In the van with my Dad going to some place to install an AC.

And instead of posting you could read

you don't have to do nothing but sit for hours while reading a book. get comfy and put on music if it doesn't harm your concentration. take breaks when you feel like you need to. if you can sit on Sup Forums for hours then you can do this too.

True, never taught about it like that. I always got bored of books, and never had interest in them.

>for hours

I have the habit each morning to read for 10 to 30 minutes before going to work and sometimes in the subway, bus or train.

Sometimes I read before going to sleep too.

The time I read depends on the interest I have in the book.

Music can sorta break concentration honestly. I never really browse Sup Forums for hours on end, I usually post and wait for a reply notification from Sup Forums X.

That seems neat. How is it going for ya?

Nook Simple Glow. Backlit, micro SD slot, epub/mobi and hackable with android backend, useful with networking apps. Hackability may be version specific, so check before buying. £50/$70 ish

The Kobos and Kindles are technically perfect substitutes, and essentially the same cost.

The tradeoff is freedom (Kobo) vs. convenience (Amazon).

I've owned a bunch of Kobos going back years and have been very very happy.

All hail the king.

>not waiting for the new Kobo Aura One 7.8"

BOOX are the best ereaders money can buy, but they're unknown even by Sup Forums. They're also really expensive compared to the competition (except for the Oasis, I suppose).

>money can buy
Everything's listed as sold out on their website, so I guess money can't buy it.

amazon

PRS-300 master race

>buying this shit at all