Okay Sup Forums, in about 5 hours, I have an interview for a software development technical position at Facebook

Okay Sup Forums, in about 5 hours, I have an interview for a software development technical position at Facebook.

Sup Forums, I am scared out of my tits. I need some kind of inspiration or motivation.

kill yourself

I guess that would get me off the hook.

Reverse a binary tree

Write fizzbuzz

Go

>I have an interview for a software development technical position at Facebook.

And that should be technical interview for a software development position. Hand must have hit the trackpad.

If only it were going to be that simple, but thanks, user.

Don't worry about inspiration or motivation. Do something to calm you down: listen to music, play some games, anything that relaxes you. Unwind and be yourself. Good luck!

Thanks, user! I'm trying, but I can't shake the gnawing feeling I should go over like, breadth first search or some pathfinding algorithm one more time or something.

They look at your skill set and potential, they're not your average normie contractor type company. If you have already gone over all the stuff you think they might ask you as a question just relax, have fun and remember that you already have beaten the curve to allow you to even have this interview in the first place.

>be yourself

Nice meme reddit! We did it!!

>remember that you already have beaten the curve to allow you to even have this interview in the first place
Aw, user, now I'm getting all choked up. Thanks so much. What I'm worried about is freezing up over something I actually know and looking like a tool who is undeserving of the resume that got me here.

Sent an anonymous tip to facebook about an internal spy/ criminal getting an interview 4 hours and 40 minutes from now. Nothing will change, but expect weird questions (;

>they're not your average normie contractor type company
Also, that's the thing. I blow away interviews at normie places. I'm always the big fish/star at NormieLabs®. That's why I'm so scared. What if that's my destiny? Doomed wallow in small ponds.

Ha, thanks. You've probably been the most help of any, user.

>The only way it could be funnier is if my interviewer is in here.

>Facebook
Set up a bomb.
You will literally become the hero of Sup Forums.

Well, this one is on the phone and I will be at home, so it would just be an an hero of myself and my cats. It would get me off the hook, though, like suggested.

No reason to be scared going into interviews. They liked you enough to bring you in. So the more shill you are the more they are likely to go easy on you. See the interview as going to see someone you know. Also a trick I use, take two Tylenol before going as they help with mild anxiety. It's to late to study anything other than looking at facts about the company. Maybe try beating off.

If you're scared that means you're not confident, which means you're not competent.

I've never been nervous before an interview in my entire life before this.

What's your qualification user? Just curious.

I've been a pro for a little under 10 years, been a lead/principal for about a year now. I wrote an iOS app and a mobile backend that has almost a million users now and got funded through 500.co, but I am not involved in it anymore. Have about a dozen shipped products, everything from e-commerce to medical stuff. Got a CS degree. Was a hobbyist programmer as a young'un.

bump for discussion?

good luck OP, you will be a good wagecuck, you earned it.

Write a program that calculates the angle between the minute and hour hand of a clock given the time as the input

Thanks. Maybe the startup I mentioned in will get acquired for a lot more than I expect them to and then I won't have to anymore. Running a consultancy sucks, because it's just like being one for the client, and chasing down new clients sucks.

Also not going to do your homework for you, but checked.

>a googleable problem
>homework

Just write the fucking function user. No one is going to steal your code.

Actually, fuck it, here's some pseudocode/sortofcode to keep my mind off things in this last hour

double determineHourHandAngle(int hour, int minute) {
double hourAngle = 0.5;
int hourCoefficient = 60 * hour + minute;
return hourAngle * hourCoefficient;
}

double determineMinuteHandAngle(int minute) {
double minuteAngle = 6.0;
return minuteAngle * minute;
}

double getHandAngle(Date time) {
double hourAngle = determineHourHandAngle(time.getHourComponent);
double minuteAngle = determineMinuteHandAngle(time.getMinuteComponent);
return abs(hourAngle - minuteAngle);
}

Happy?

Okay guys, going in. Thanks Sup Forums!

Godspeed, user.

And how it ended? Can you now destroy fb from inside?

point out that you're a minority
that you care about women in tech
if you aren't, just make it up

I fucking nailed every question. Going to hear back in a few days probably.

>copy a binary tree
>move all zeroes to end of array

Damn, you were right.

They only hire ivy leaguers there. Sorry but it is the truth.

Also, thanks. Just writing that calmed me down and put me in the zone.

Do the traditional algorithms real quick (binary search tree, etc..) and cover the basics of X language (PHP I guess in this case?)

The most important thing is your character, you have to make them see and you are motivated and willing to learn quickly. They ask you if you know Z, you don't just say no, you say no but you'd love to learn and could probably learn it in a day or two if needed, because you love technology and have a thirst to build your career.

Nobody is expecting you to be a genius or walking encyclopedia of algorithms, but they are expecting to be able to work with you, so character and willingness to learn is important. If none of this is important to them, then you dodged a bullet, because it's probably a horrible workplace (No, it doesn't matter if it's Facebook, it can still be shit)

My interviewer was' Ivy. Degree from public university.

>Do the traditional algorithms real quick (binary search tree, etc..)
One problem used in-order traversal

>cover the basics of X language (PHP I guess in this case?)
Yes, but not PHP. I'm a mobile dev.

>wasn't Ivy.

>copy a binary tree
>move all zeroes to end of array

Goddamn. I got rammed in the ass at Apple because I couldn't work out a good compiler strategy for optimizing access to virtual functions in Objective C.

That's why you do Obj-C somewhere that isn't Apple!

We'll see what they do to me if I got the in-person off of it.

Copy a binary tree was just implementing copyWithZone on in-order traversal.

different user here, but what do you mean copy a binary tree?
a = binary_tree()
b = a
?

Do a deep copy on the starting node and all children. That's just assigning a variable there.

So you do an inorder traversal (I did it recursively, but you could probably do it iteratively), and at each step your visitation function is to do a deep copy.

ok thanks for the explanation !

Anytime!