/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

perfectwatches.cn/iwc-pilot-tourbillon-white-dial-stainless-steel-case-black-textile-strap-1452918
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I literally already have downloaded a clock and tourbillon 3d print ready files tho

are you going to print and build it?

No im not :/
i just dont like it
See pic related for a patek i would call a grail if not for the reserve indication.

You can't stop me.

You are. I have your number. They make your favorite GS with no PR and you still won't buy.

You'll always have some lame excuse about why those stupid designers just aren't as smart as you.

hey guys i want to buy my first watch, under 100 euros, and was looking at this one from seiko: amazon.com/Seiko-SNXS79K-Automatic-Stainless-Steel/dp/B000G12Y8O

can you guys tell me if its any good?

It's a good starter option for a limited budget

lmao nice arm amputee

alright thank you

Time for the weekly shitposting session.

Thinking of moving the black scubadude into a 710 case and maybe creating a black Seiko~ish bezel. (Assuming i can find an insert)

Where can i get a fake Rolex?

Fuck off

Try Chinatown.

Is your budget $350+?
RWI and then find the rest of your way yourself.
If it's less that, don't bother - either way buying a homage would be better.

Save up for a real one

I think this is ultimately the right call. I used to look at reps all over the place, but the ones that were almost passable were hundreds of dollars. If I can put 500$ aside, I can do that a few times until I can afford a real luxury piece, whether that be a Rolex, a JLC, or even just a Tudor or Sinn.

What does Sup Forums think of skeleton watches? Thinking of getting one, but my requirements might be way too specific. Illuminated hands, color palette of white/black/yellow in a ratio of about 40%/40%/20%, and needs to fit on a bitchwrist. Also not willing to splurge more than 400€, preferably under or about 300€.

Am I shit out of luck?

>color palette of white/black/yellow in a ratio of about 40%/40%/20%
What the fuck is this?

Also, the most predominant color of any skeletonized watch is going to be silver or gold, depending on the color of the movement and case.

>exposed folded links
Just toss it (but keep the ends) and buy a solid link one, bro. Unless you enjoy painful, slow depilation that is.

Right, should've known that traditional colors don't really work. Let's just say that white = silver and yellow = gold for now because of the dominancy.and me being newfag.

Just get something with a display caseback, since otherwise all the options are going to both look and be dogshit tier.

Let alone fit a bitchwrist.

Wow man thats just rude

>spot the pleb

Is it possible to 3d print parts strong enough?

Can one of you get this for me?

Hey Sup Forums newbie here am in the market for a watch but idk what to get or where to start and price...

So here are some things you should know in case someone wants to help a pleb out

>am want digital watch if it's not too much of a meme maybe something digital that still has the standard watch layout like the hands n sheeeeiiit

>am want skeletal in my life but what brand?

>cost open to mostly anything I'd say nothing less then a good $150

So here is where you come in if you choose to help what reccomendations would you offer??

You know the drill.

It's like you're trying to act underage

I was gifted a GUESS Style W0252G2 watch. It only has 1 crown, does this mean if I want to set the date, I need wind it up continously until the day Friday aligns with the month 22nd? At the moment the watch is aligned with the 21st on Friday. Which means that it think it's August the 21st, Friday.

What do?

Should be varying crown position for different settings. Check the manual.

It only pulls out once. Manual says keep winding. Fuck I don't want to wind from August 2015 to July 2016, that would take a long time.

Hope you didn't have any plans for this evening.

Either that, or leave the watch be until the next leap year comes around and corrects shit.

Would anyone mind pointing me in the direction of the rubber bands we see on SubMariners in these threads?

I can't find any that look as comfy.

>Manual says keep winding
>It only has 1 crown, does this mean if I want to set the date, I need wind it up continously
Kek. It can't be.

Fuck I some how changed the month, without changing the day. Now how the fuck did I do that.

Ok I just had to pull it out just a tiny fraction, and then I could spin the day of the month dial. Excellent.

Please tell me you didn't actually pay $925 for that thing.

As someone who doesn't own one, I think it looks really quite nice, except for that obnoxious black dot on the glass. Very smooth sweep too. Not quite GS tier, but hey.

The black dot is meant to replicate the dials in old rally cars. I think it works with the overall style, but I could see why others wouldn't.

Those were more function than form. Moulded plastic to hold the hands on and the like.

You can do a hell of a lot worse for $1000, that has to be said at the very least.

You're fucking kidding me right, this thing is worth nearly a grand? This ugly piece of shit lmao?

My watch Looks superior and has more functions and costs a lot less.

It's the fact that they have the audacity to charge $925 for a Miyota 9015. You can get that movement in other brands for significantly less or something with a Seiko 6R15, hell you can even find ETA 2824-2 watches for cheaper if you want to go the Swiss route.

Did all dashboards in the 80's look the same? That instrument panel looks just like the one on my first car, which was a late 80's Dodge.

Pls respond

nope

Mine is a "rubber b" brand from Switzerland there is another user with the fat sub, his brand was named after some mountain. If you can wait about 6 hours until i get home i can take a photo of the brand inside the band for you

Where can I buy a strap like this one? Not sure where to look, or what to search for?

Type into ebay 20mm nato

I would download a watch nigga.

Thank you

Has orient's ii series made the SKX007 obsolete? Hacking, hand wind, quick set for both day and date, cheaper price tag. Whats the point of getting a SKX over one of these besides different looks?

Skx isn't made any more, so while we can make these comparisons for now they'll be getting less relevant as supply gets depleted.

That being said it's a real certified driver with better lume and, as you mentioned, different looks.

What you niggas think of the Citizen Blue Angels? Is there another chronograph in the range that's better?

avoid that dog shit and buy a Casio Edifice chrono
Especially the white dialied one with blue hands

Anything mechanical? I thought that satellite eco drive stuff might be cool but it sounds kinda gimmicky

How the fuck do I take off my Skx bracelet bros? REEEEEEEE

thank allah for this watch, now i don't have to worry if i'm pointed the wrong way for my salah

There aren't any mechanical chronos in the sub $1000 range worth buying. Don't fall for chink memes

Are you an actual mudslime? I am.

How many people have you blown up? I'm up to ~5.

i'm italian, so basically same thing

Yeah I thought so. Might as well save up for a navitimer or something
SARB017 it is

The Alpinist is an amazing watch.
Take a look at the Sinn navitimer, less nigger tier.
I'm Egyptian. We don't blow people up. Too busy fucking up our own economy.

On another note, I got a 95 composite percentile score for my Pharmacy school admission test!
What

Just bought pic related

>come at me

I love Tissot for my visodate, not aure about other models

p-pls no bully

lol

150?
You can buy a seiko 5 AND a really nice leather strap for that.
Are you retarded?

You should celebrate when you actually get into a good school, and get pic related, complements the white coat. Speaking of Egyptians, this guy from your country just bought a scratched up, mechanically questionable, 20 year old quartz watch which ran out of power and just say there more than 10 years ago that I've listed on Ebay. It's being shipped to an obvious forwarding address in the US. What the fuck do you think he's getting it for? Can't be worth it to ship/ask a relative to being something like that across the world can it?

*sat
*bring

>What do?
Bin it and get a decent watch.

My mommy said she'll get me something since I did so well. I'm thinking of pic related. I've always been interested in this Seiko 5 but never really bothered.
The cream colored SARB is probably what I'll buy when I get accepted (hopefully).

Did it look like a Rolex? How do you know he's Egyptian?

-_- cut off numbers

Why why why do watch companies do that?
Gorgeous watch otherwise

grow a crotch, bin that watch

it was honestly very common in vintage watches with subdials. I used to hate it but I have come to accept it on watches that are otherwise tasteful.

You fell for the Swiss meme.

anyone know other watches with this style lugs?

>modified lemania movement with plastic escapement & other critical parts.
Is this even serviceable?
Also the subdials look like they're crowding into the center.

Named after this guy?

It's one of these. Looks more like one of the Amphibias than a Rolex imo. The only thing in common with a Rolex (submariner) is the Maxi-esque case. I expected some kid would buy it for parts/to practice watchmaking. The Ebay profile says "based in Egypt".

Forgot pic.

R8 amfibia

So you want a cream dial Flieger and have an $1,000 budget? Why not a Damasko DA20?

What's /wt/'s opinion on this chink replica website?

perfectwatches.cn/iwc-pilot-tourbillon-white-dial-stainless-steel-case-black-textile-strap-1452918

I'm desperate to buy pic related, not sure if it's worth it tho for $250+.

It's shit.

Yes. They won't be watch-sized with a conventional printer though.

Well it's not really a budget per se, just an estimated amount of the money I'll have saved up by the time I'm ready to buy another watch.
The seiko 5 is just a gift man. I'll take a 50 dollar gift from my parents, any thing else is too much.
That being said, I like sinn more than damasko, and definitely have that flieger chronograph on my to buy list.
Although I still don't know how I feel about the valjew 7750

I could also go with a SARB035 and an Alpinist.
Both make me moist as fuck and I find the 6r15 a very nice movement in terms of accuracy and service life & cost.

It's not worth $25, let alone $250. Don't buy replicas, buy vintage if money is short.

Even if money isnt short you should just always buy vintage :^}
unless you need it to be a super indestructable beater watch theres no excuse

I see. Well I happen to be the guy with the Sinn 356 Flieger. FYI the 7750 (or SW300 depending on tge model) Sinn uses is top grade (basically chronometer grade just not certified). By the way, Sinn just released a B-type Flieger which you can also consider.

I wish I had more money. I could afford this watch, but I have other priorities that make it stupid to spend that much on a watch with my limited budget.
I hope they will be available second-hand in a few year's time.

>Cases don't matter and are free

Redpill me on smart watches, guys.

I am thinking about taking the plunge, is it the fashion statement of the century or do you think Rolex (and others?) are still the king of fashion statement?

Sorry user

Don't do it. If you're going to get a watch from Hermes get a real watch.

Smiths PRS-40, they say Autodromo copied their design.
Except all the rest of the watch is a damn design masterpiece.