Pre-orders are finally open, but stock is limited

Pre-orders are finally open, but stock is limited.

I'd buy it, if it's actually as tough as it looks.

Why buy a overpriced hurdcur phone when you can get a regular one and buy it a case?

>i liked tonka trucks as a kid
>i like "rugged" phones as an adult
lol, rugged individualism

Galaxy s7 with otterbox case.

Superior.

>Lagdroid Pajeets call iPhone overpriced
>Lap this shit 'rugged' memephone up

The point is that it's built from the ground up to be rugged. You don't add bigger tires to a Prius to go off-roading. Also, FLIR.

This isn't meant for the average joe. That FLIR camera is expensive as fuck, I'm amazed this phone is going for under $1000 at all.

To be fair they should have at least used a 1440p screen and a 16MP camera though. Even if I was some overpaid electrician/plumber I'd still wait for a better version or just get a fully fledged FLIR camera and a rugged case for my phone.

When are we going to see military grade smartphones?

Kys retards

FLIR selfies are nightmare fuel,just saying

I think this phone has the largest battery of any phone of this size too.

It already exists. Look up the iPhone.

>not using a snowpow M9

kiss ;^*

Looks like a cheap $50 phone with "muh ground up" case. Literally an otterbox at this point

>waterproof camera
>thermal imaging
>5 meters for 1 hour - including underwater usage
>drop-proof to 1.8m

Iphone

Bunch of shit you won't need. Maybe the drop-proof thing if you have butterfingers.

sounds like it's a phone for outside, rather than a facebook cell

Just because you wouldn't use something, doesn't mean that nobody would. These are important features for workers in environments that are harsh to smartphones. Have you ever tried to use a smartphone on a construction site?

>$599
>720p
Next

Cat a company that produces vehicles and other things used in construction. It's a phone for people working in construction business.

I can't understand the purpose of a phone tough af when the screen is still prone to breaking if something falls over it

Why the hell would anyone here need this? I said need not want.

Correct, I don't need any of those features, and you might not either. Some people do, though.

At the very least it's cool that it has a thermal imaging camera, because that's an important step toward Galaxy S and HTC and Nexus phones having thermal imaging cameras.

That res tho, disgusting, why do all the phones like this have shit screens on them.

The screen, while low res by today's standards, is on a smaller display compared to other phones. Not to mention pushing 720p requires less power than 1080p let alone 1440p. Couple that with the 3800mAh battery and the phone should last for your typical blue-collar worker.

If you really need something more on the flagship tier, there's always the S7 Active. SD820, 4GB RAM, 1440p instead of SD617, 3GB, and 720p on the S60--still not 16MP though. That said, you'd have to buy the FLIR camera separately in the form of the FLIR ONE for an additional $249 so...

just wait for the V20.

Badass looking phone.

People complaining they wont need it but cant read who the fuck makes those phones

IPhones break if you sneeze on them angrily. Build quality my ass.

>screens that are known for how easy they crack
>forgetting the bendgate meme

>what are rugged devices and what is their purpose

Clearly you never used an iPhone.

Those FLIR Leptons aren't that expensive at the quantities CAT are buying. I'd be surprised if they are paying more than 40 bucks/piece. Not to mention that FLIR probably co-developed the phone with CAT to increase their brand recognition and are therefore selling the sensors extra cheap.

I don't care if you can throw it at a wall and it would be fine. It costs $599, I could just buy a cheap ass android and a IR camera, if you need IR function you should get a camera anyway.

And if I need a phone to be durable than any phone plus rugged case, and at $599 I can even buy a iphone se and rugged case.

For what it offers it is overpriced product.

Thermal imaging is very handy for finding shorts in circuits.

so is a fucking multimeter

>2016
>600 US dollars
>720p

But with a thermal camera, you can tell exactly whats shorted and where.

Two things. The screen is 4.7", so the 720p res is passable. The IR camera has a typical resolution, like 100 by 100 or w/e the standard is, but it overlays over the normal camera

>$599

just get a normal phone? don't drop it you mongoloid