Why haven't you pre-ordered?

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-win-intel-z8700-orz8750-win-10-os-game-console#/
youtube.com/watch?v=cEbu-0kAtjU
youtube.com/watch?v=ROOTSc1YaJA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>more consumerist shilling
kill yourself

Maybe if you told us what the fuck it is, we could.

The pic says what it is you shit

>new processor
>not even red
confirmed slow

>changed passive to active cooling
just get an ultrabook you massive flipflop.

It says GPD Win. WTF is that?

I CANNOT WAIT TO PUT THIS COMPUTER IN MY POCKET AND SMASH OUT SOME KODING ON THE GO! #onwedwekode

That's its name? Already flaccid.

Full speed ps2 emulation

Slab of aluminum heatsink

>thumb keyboard
is it really not possible to make a 10-finger-typable keyboard of that size or maybe a little bigger?

>Specs keep changing
Can only be a good sign for a kickstarter product

Seems cool as a mobile gaming device, not sure about its utility for much else. I'd consider one if it weren't for the fact that I'm almost never anywhere that a mobile console is useful.

I suppose it might work as a lightweight intermediary between a card reader and an external HDD for long photography trips where you don't want to bring a real laptop.

>now aluminum body
For what purpose?

So it can slide in and out of your asshole easier

Literally just wait for the next version to come out in a year or two, they'll have probably fixed most of the problems

they're not making one unless Intel decides to make cool, power-efficient x86 processors again.

I'd buy it If it had android.

Google it you goddamn mong.

is this the first time youve ever visited this board?

Core M isn't efficient enough? Or is it too expensive?

It's like a 2.5W part in the overpriced as fuck MacBook and would probably be decent in a portable device.

Look at those huge fucking bezels, if you're going to make a tiny computer at least make the screen as big as possible
Also a foldable-in-half keyboard would be nice too

It looks like shit compared to the UMPCs of yesteryear. Those inputs don't look comfortable at all.

>htc shift is there since ever, costs pennies now
>no one liked it
>revolution, laptop fitting in your pocket

meh
no one needs x86 in pocket

>Man, OpenPandora/DragonBox Pyra is so cool! I wish we had a UMPC with x86
>GPD win trounces it in every way
>You know, this doesn't look that cool anymore

windows 10?
ahahahahahahahahahaha

>holy shit, pandra/pyra is so shit I mean who the fuck wants debian arm on a $800 device with a resistive screen
>wouldn't it be cool if it was x86 and $300 and you can play your weeb shit on it?

are you daft? shit like atom z8700 and core m5 is the most power efficient they've ever made.

It seems like a good idea on paper, but it's got gaming controls when that could be used for more computing focused space such as a better keyboard, clitmouse, etc

I'm relatively excited for it myself

>Windows on a 5.5" screen

You can't do anything productive with that. It's one of the major reasons why all previous UMPCs failed.

They should make something like Vaio P instead.

Where windows 10?

>galgame

I dunno, right in OP picture?

He means in the stupid comic, it doesn't have Windows 10

on the device you muppet:
indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-win-intel-z8700-orz8750-win-10-os-game-console#/

all of the day bro

>A bishōjo game (美少女ゲーム bishōjo gēmu?, literally "pretty girl game"), or gal game (ギャルゲーム gyaru gēmu?, often shortened to "galge"), is "a type of Japanese video game centered on interactions with attractive girls".[1] These games are a subgenre of dating sims targeted towards a heterosexual male audience

see

I know what it means, it's just funny they tout this as a feature

As an emulation device it's not a bad idea, a bit expensive but it'd last

I'd rather have it running Windows 10 than the failure that is Android, too

But I already have a phone and a PC. Why would anyone buy this?

>Full speed ps2 emulation

fixed

No, more like PSP

It's a UMPC, i thought Sup Forums loved this kind of shit

They played persona on it

Neither of those let you play titillating oriental interactive entertainment on the subway

>they played the literally easiest to emulate game and only showed parts of it involving lots of menus that did not even run on fullspeed
>Full speed ps2 emulation
You people are fucking delusional if you think that this device is going to emulate anything other than N64/PS1/Dreamcast.

We only love UMPCs when we can get them for 50 bucks at a thrift store.

Hold on, i'll make one that's actually good for windows 10 and 8.1

Why would I want to play those kinds of games outside the privacy of my bedroom? I f I get a boner in public everyone will laugh and stare.

Only when it's running free as in freedom software (which this device won't)

>persona
>literally easiest title to emulate in entire ps2 library
>hurr full speed ps2 emulation
ps3 emu was able to run some homebrew, so i guess full speed ps3 emulation is here

You're overreacting, I doubt they can notice it under all that fat.

Is gameboy emulation and playing rmvb anime seriously the best that thing can do?

Even that's pretty sick for a UMPC

i don't see why they couldn't run linux on it, it's just a Intel Atom

I don't know why but I feel comfy looking at the screen in this image.

I have no actual use case for a device like that. Hell, I have no actual use case for a laptop beyond work and in that case I'm using the "business notebook" provided to me, not my own stuff.

It'll use a slightly more powerful processor than the one on the surface 3. Just go Google what it's capable of because it's been tested to death. Most ps2 games will be playable.

No drivers (wifi, bt, touchscreen, audio and gpu won't work).
>Is gameboy emulation and playing rmvb anime seriously the best that thing can do?
Yes. It came out in 2008 and was underpowered even then. As for the Pyra:
youtube.com/watch?v=cEbu-0kAtjU
>It'll use a slightly more powerful processor than the one on the surface 3.
I know that. I follow the development and it's really admirable for a handheld device in that price range. But saying PS2 games are playable is a fucking joke, show me one video where someone emulates a PS2 game on the Surface 3.

On that Pyra video - it's amazing what that device can do with the seemingly weak specs. But the fact that it's ARM (won't run muh steam games) will make it even more of a commercial failure than the Pandora. No one but a few freetards (like notaz, ptitSeb or myself) are going to buy it. And it's not even entirely free (yet).

Just Google it dumbass

These people are probably running the game at a higher resolution too. The gpd win has a 720p screen.

The biggest problem with devices that have Intel Atoms is that no device other than the Intel Compute Stick have drivers for linux on it.

i cant see this

>surface pro 3
That tablet uses an i3, i5 or i7 you fucking nigger. And even these can't emulate ps2 games for shit. What are you trying to prove here?

That you can't read?

The only video that actually shows the tablet is the one about Mario Kart DD on gamecube. And that game is like the SM64 of N64 emulation. It's like claiming the PSP can emulate N64 because Super Mario 64 kinda works.

Ok so let me recap. What you said was
>Most ps2 games will be playable.
Because, as you pointed out, it uses a similar processor to the Surface 3. Upon asking for proof that PS2 games run on the Surface 3, you posted a compilation of videos where people play
a) other emulators
b) a really easy to emulate gamecube game
c) ps2 games that barely work on the more powerful i5 version of that tablet.
Well done fampai

Fixed for real

I'm already comfy

1. yes, of course the Atom z8700 is great. that's why they're using it. but there won't be a successor to it, at this moment, so there won't be another version. they have stated this in an indiegogo update.
2. the Core M series is very good but produces too much heat for a handheld of that size. notice I said "cool" as well as "power-efficient". they had to make the back aluminum to dissipate heat and they might add a fan, but they can't do much more for a Core M which runs hotter.
3. fuck you I'm not daft

there's not many good videos showcasing Dolphin, because most of them are old and none of them are using the new, faster DX12 backend. however, there's this:
youtube.com/watch?v=ROOTSc1YaJA
this tablet has an Atom z8500, and MAY be running the games at a higher internal resolution than the GPD Win would. the GPD Win is getting a better processor, and yet games are running full-speed in that video. thus, full-speed Gamecube will be a possibility for some popular games on the GPD Win.
this means nothing for PS2 emulation though, I'm just saying since you mentioned Dolphin that this shit has potential.

>Diablo II

Does... does it run?

I'd buy something like that if the hardware was open source. It's not useful enough to compromise my (admittedly easily) compromised ideals.

>8-year-old 0.8ghz 32-bit intel mobile processor
>2gb ram
>hdd
>800x480
>not compatible with anything beyond vista
there's a reason it's so cheap now user

>none of them (aside from the PAL version of literally the easiest 3D gamecube game to emulate) is steady fullspeed
>they're all either extremely lightweight games to emulate, or in very simple areas of the game
Face it, 6th gen emulation on handhelds is still a novelty.

fucken this. I'm so tired of little summerfag shits making idiotic OPs with zero content

>hurr durr gogle it

how about you google "how to make a productive thread" you asshat

So basically you download it from the repo but you still need the original files from the game disc which I haven't gotten around to getting.

But I do have the original Diablo and Starcraft installed and they run flawlessly.

>pic related

>also

>shilling for ants

you're talking like it was single-digit framerates. it's definitely playable, and won't be too uncomfortable with the slight boost of the z8700.

It's a flip phone with a keyboard. Why would you pay for this shit?

i'd gladly pay for it if it'd be flip phone with keyboard, but it seems like it's not even a phone - just an x86 computer in

Call me when they can play Valkyria Profile 2 on it.