twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

good for you

>gigantic carabiner for a key fob
>cheap plastic promotional pen
shameful

or

I carry too much shit

yea ya do.

Any of you guys use briefcases or messenger bags? Mine is peeling bad and need a new one.

name of keyboard?

rk61 with sunset caps

Is this the daily autism thread?

Uh oh! We got a tough guy over here!

worst glasses i've ever seen

porta pros?

See
Sounds like you're freedom deprived, friend. Or do assault glocks with hi capacity clips scare you?

>Carrying just a phone case, no phone

you think he could be using the phone to take the picture?

Nah.

why would he take it out of the case to take the pic

To represent the existence of his phone in the EDC without having to annotate it separately.

rip thinkpad

Is this project diva u r playing?

People who are afraid of guns are pathetic.

First edc made me realize how Reddit-tier I look.
And forgot how shitty my old phone's camera was.

wew lad

How you like that G5?

Love it, actually. There's definitely pros / cons between it and phones like the S7 or OnePlus 3, but I'd have a hard time leaving behind the removable batteries (own 3).
Also found myself using the wide angle lens significantly more often than I initially thought I would.

I still wish it had an actual metal body and not just a powdered metal finish, and AMOLED would've been nice, but it's not like those actually get in the way of using it or anything.

Anything specific you wanted to know about it?

Well I'm in the market for a new phone and the G5 looked like the one for me but after it was released the reviews burst my bubble a lil'bit so I got a cheap Moto G but I'm having problems with it.

Would you recommend it?

Is the bad stuff really as bad as reviews said?

Whats the battery life like?

Shield?

Well, yeah it didn't live up to the hype they built up, and the finish wasn't exactly the kind of "metal body" that people were expecting.
It doesn't feel as premium as say, an S7 or iPhone, but I care more about everyday performance than how my phone feels or looks, especially if I'm keeping it in a case.

Typically it lasts an average day just fine, but since it charges 0-100% in 1 hour, or you can just pop in a new battery for 0-100% instantly in a minute, it's rarely an issue, even if I'm away from a charging cable all day with heavy use, since I can carry more batteries in my pocket. Link is what I'm using as spares.
amazon.com/LG-G5-Battery-Batteries-Replacement/dp/B01EXZRCVC/

I do prefer an AMOLED screen like what the S7's got, but the G5's screen is very similar to an iPhone 6 in terms of color / contrast / overall quality.
Double-tapping the screen to wake the phone is great to have, and the always-on display is pretty sweet too, even if it's kinda dim. At least it actually shows your notifications, unlike the S7.

Front of the G5 looks better in person than pics online. Back of it looks marginally better, but still kinda awkward.
Wish it still had volume buttons on the back like the G4 did.
Only real issue I've encountered is that the fingerprint scanner had issues working when I put it on a case. My mother noticed she had the same issue with the fingerprint scanner in her otterbox.

I think the reviews really hammered the G5 hard since it wasn't the Galaxy killer people thought it'd be, and the whole modular thing was basically a gimmick that never went anywhere. But even if modules never really happened, at least the most important part of the removable bottom is still there: dat removable battery.

It comes down to what you're wanting out of the phone, but if it's a good fit, I'd recommend it.
It's not waterproof, it's not as /fa/ as an iPhone or S7, but it's still a flagship phone, and as far as phones go, it's still great.

Oh, and LG likes to lock the bootloader, so no rooting in its foreseeable future, if that's an issue for you.

Thanks for the info, it sucks that the bootloader is locked. I really like the idea of it, the removable battery, the expandable memory, the form factor and look of it.

Doesn't have no app page or no dock or something? I remember people bitching out it, is it fix now?

Also is it prone to scratching?

And are repairs easy?

Don't understand the complaints about the dock.
Dock is disabled by default.
It's had one since launch as long as you're intelligent to open up settings and enable it. Not like it's a hidden feature or anything.
But you can always install a different launcher anyway.

Can't really say about scratches since I always kept it in a case and put a screen cover over it.

ifixit rates it as an 8/10 on ease of repairing.
By comparison the iPhone 6 scored a 7, and the Galaxy S7 scored a 3 by their reviews.
ifixit.com/smartphone_repairability?sort=date

intelligent enough*

And G5 wasn't on that page's list for some reason, but the G5's full teardown is here.
ifixit.com/Teardown/LG G5 Teardown/61205

Thanks for all the info buddy, I think I might make the jump.

Sure thing.
Most people just go for the most popular phones (iPhone / Galaxy), and the G5's underrated imo.
For some reason the G4 was popular at launch, and is even more popular now that the price has dropped. And yet the G5 which is still a notable upgrade gets way more hate due to poor reception at launch.

I can only imagine what you look like.

This plus often a laptop. Which one I carry depends on what I want to do...
The phone pouch normally holds my PRIV which I used to make the pic.

You are ridiculous. How many knives and flashlights do you need to carry before you feel like less of a future rape victim? You'll probably end up stabbed by your own shit, especially since you carry your money around on the outside of your wallet. And how does your phone not have a flashlight?

Zebra pens are great though. +1

Substitute the xa for a pentax k-50 lately

can you get root on the priv yet?
do you think rim will make an android passport as rumored or will my dreams never come true

Zune HDs make me so happy.

what music player is that?

also god tier edc

zune hd 32gb

best player I've ever used but it cant hold a lot which kinda sucks

Zune HD

camera name and do you recommend?

I actually found it around the house, surprisingly the battery is still good.

It got nice features like modern cameras(toy view effect, color isolation, ect).

So far I been using it for getting drawings on my PC since my scanner is shit. Once I get an SD card I'll actually start taking photos.

No root for PRIV, but for me it doesn't matter. A Android passport would be nice, but I don't think so.