/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

Threadly reminder to ignore and report the autistic SD spammer.

News:
Samsung Galaxy Note7 iris scanner feature demoed on video
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note7_iris_scanner_feature_demoed_on_video-news-19535.php

Moto Z Droids and Moto Mods now up for pre-order exclusively on Verizon
gsmarena.com/moto_z_droids_and_moto_mods_now_up_for_preorder_exclusively_on_verizon-news-19534.php

Exclusive: Oppo F1s to feature 16MP selfie camera, fingerprint scanner
gsmarena.com/exclusive_oppo_f1s_to_feature_16mp_selfie_camera_fingerprint_scanner-news-19531.php

Flat and curved Samsung Galaxy Note7 units detailed in new leaks
gsmarena.com/flat_and_curved_samsung_galaxy_note7_units_detailed_in_new_leaks-news-19530.php

Bokeh photos demo Xiaomi Redmi Pro's dual camera setup
bokeh_photos_demo_xiaomi_redmi_pros_dual_camera_setup

Teaser reveals 6,020mAh battery for Gionee M6 Plus
gsmarena.com/teaser_reveals_6020mah_battery_for_gionee_m6_plus-news-19526.php

Huawei Maimang 5 is now available for purchase
gsmarena.com/huawei_maimang_5_is_now_available_for_purchase-news-19525.php

Moto Z Review: Four Phones In One
youtube.com/watch?v=NmLU1aiqOL4

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/bokeh_photos_demo_xiaomi_redmi_pros_dual_camera_setup-news-19529.php
amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-Exclusive-Lockscreen/dp/B01EZC9WC0
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Bokeh photos demo Xiaomi Redmi Pro's dual camera setup
oops

gsmarena.com/bokeh_photos_demo_xiaomi_redmi_pros_dual_camera_setup-news-19529.php

>>>/reddit/

Threadly reminder to ignore and report the autistic anti-expandable storage Nexus/Oneplus shills.

So I downloaded naked explorer because the wiki reommended it, but I can't find where it saves the god damn images it downloads. Probably going to just switch back to adblock browser.

I'm gonna do it, I'm going to order my first smartphone even though I have no real use for one since I'm a neet.

LG G3 for 225€, try to talk me out of it.

>browser
APUS.

Firefox + uBlock Origin

I'm a neet too. You need a phone to call your family anyway. It's great for browsing Sup Forums while watching the TV. And it has cool games too.

Good choice. Don't see any downsides.

Why is safari on ios so cancer, you lock the screen and it just dies, it doesn't load shit in the background, it just dies.

$250 for a DOA, deprecated, buggy POS?
lmao.

Is Firefox for Android any good performance wise?

Nah, it's laggy, but it provides extensions which no one else provides

have a galaxy s4, going to verizon today and will probably get the galaxy s7 edge. I'm thinking I will like the bigger screen opposed to the regular s7. thoughts?

also i have hyperwiz on my phone, and i'm going to give it to my mother after i get my contacts off it, is it easy to reset? i forget

Not great, but tolerable, especially if you have a good phone.

I like android way better, trust me, but my android broke so I had to get a cheap iphone 6 for 100 bucks. I miss nova launcher and icon packs.

Both are fine phones. I went with the regular s7 because I don't need the edge features. I love it, it's my baby.

edge features? just the edge right? what else does it do i'm fucking ignorant sorry

Weird pointless menus by swiping on the edge of the screen. Also it's kind of big.

i probably would use it as my daily browser if it didnt eat so much battery

Looking to upgrade my 5 year old Sidekick 4g, but I can't seem to find anything in this form factor, or even anything with a keyboard. Any recommendations?

Get the BLU so you'll have data. 1 3G band on that other phone is not prolly enough.

>what else does it do i'm fucking ignorant sorry

nothing too great. i had the s6 edge and ended up not even bothering with the screen edge features after a month because it just got annoying.

maybe you might like it, i dunno. i just thought it ended up being a dumb gimmick.

Best gallery app?

I'm using Focus which is nice but lacks the ability to move pics to other folders for some reason.

FOTO

Quickpic

Does it view videos without having to open the video player app?

Well, the only thing I can think of is the Blackberry Priv. Has the slide out physical keyboard.

Don't know, never tried it.
I use VLC by default, but I would like to use another video player if anyone can recommend.

Yes, it has a very basic video player that does the job fine.

Of course, you can always get the Blackberry Classic as well. I know Verizon at least carries it

Is there any reason not to get an Axon 7 and pick the HTC 10 instead? The only issues I can foresee are less software customization (rooting, no bootloader support like with HTC), maybe update lag, and (some degree) of more bloatware?

Otherwise, is this phone too good to be true right now?

Have a moto Sup Forums first gen
Looking to upgrade to something equally smart: simple, small, good battery life

Axon 7 has a shitty camera

Moto G4

Does it? Reviews of read say it's not as good as S7, but definitely good. I dont care much for camera quality anyway, I'm coming from an HTC m8

I am a J-1 student, want to buy phone in US, and then move back in my 3rd world European country. For 3 years I was using iPhone 4s, got it as a present. Want to switch to an Android, customize it, but looking through wiki and existing threads got a little bit confused about modding scene and support regarding different phone models. Price range from 300 to 450 $, with shipment. Should I introduce myself to chink phone market, or should I settle for some Samsung/Nexus model, if yes, which one will be more friendly as "baby's first riced Android" phone? Thank you in advance, Sup Forums.

That keyboard is the wrong way, and I've heard mixed things about that phone in general. Is that really the only phone with a keyboard? What happened?

After trying all 3 recommended apps, QuickPic was the best

Thanks user

Moto G4 Plus would be the best in that price range. If you can get a Nexus 6P for that price, that would be better.

S7 is the best choice as baby's first android especially if you're siwtching from IOS, but costs as much as an iphone.

>Price range from 300 to 450 $
OP3, don't gamble.

How do I block YouTube ads? Adblocker xposed module isn't working

Can anyone help me with redirecting firefox to download images into my sd card? I tried some stuff in the config after googling but it just made my firefox not even download anything anymore
Pls help a retard

iPhone or Galaxy?
Why?

>shit screen
>shitty phone overall
nice try opp shill

>Nexus 6P
Made by Huawei?
>op3
I see OnePlus3 going on Amazon for almost 500 and even more. What are pros to getting it ?

I was looking into chink phones right now and found a Mi5 64gb for 417$ with shipment, but I suppose it would be an overkill for inexperienced person like me to customize it, and if something happens to it in Europe, it would be a hassle to get it repaired.

Yes.

My galaxy s2 is dying.
What's the best phone less than $500 with an SD card slot and a decent camera?

>get phone replaced due to faulty batter
>6 1/2h SOT with 13% left

P good.
>inb4 that's not SOT

It actually is, I've been browsing on 4G while listening to music for 7 hours now...

It's $400 on their website.
Mi5 won't work in America and it also lacks band 20 for Europe as well.

Moto G4 is OK if you can get it with the Amazon discount and remove the ads later.

amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-Exclusive-Lockscreen/dp/B01EZC9WC0

Is the Xcover 3 as shit as its predecessor? It's for my dad. His Xcover 2 can't even utilize an SD card without root

Why have you been on your phone for 7 hours straight?

>2200mAh
>Marvell Armada PXA1908
>1.5GB RAM
WTF is this shit? get him those 2/16 $60 blu phone from amazon.

Only bad reviews come from Blackberry loyalists who dont know how to android since theyve been using the blackberry OS their whole lives.

As for keyboards, idk man. Its 2016, nobody needs real keyboards when there is a digital one, I guess

I'm bored, nothing else to do in this village really.

Chain smoking and watching lewd stuff seemed to be te obvious thing to do.

You are welcome.
You can rotate the photos with your fingers

How long untill phones can do 12 hours on screen time?

I'm a NEET.

Next month

Blog post inc

I went out to see if i could find a htc 10 in a brick & mortar store to hold it / see how the screen viability holds up under sunlight.

Turns out basically every store just expects you to buy a iphone or s7. The only store that even had a htc 10 had to unbox it "we're supposed to set it up but we dont" and I couldnt actually turn it on or anything. Its actually a pretty small phone too but it feels great in the hand.

At least they asked me why i was interested but when i said I dont want to deal with touchwiz they asked "whats touchwiz?"

Made me realize how much of a fashion piece a phone is instead of a piece of technology. The attitude regarding phones you see here is so far removed from what consumers actually even notice or care about.

Like this?

Moto gee 4

Galaxy, pic related

upgrading from s3 and never owned an iphone before. looking at the 5s at the moment, bad idea?

Just move from a galaxy s5 to a iPhone SE.

Big phones never ever again. I had completely forgotten that phone could be comfortable to carry around in your pocket and not a pain in the ass.

Just do it mane.

t.turbomanlet.

>iSuckdicks or TouchJizz

Best music player app?

What should I get, then?

I'm 182cm actually. Being able to pull my phone out of my pocket with no problem and used it with one hand is fantastic.

Big pones are for woman with purses.

>Upgrading
Why an iPhone in first place?

HTC 10 if you're not a poor

Shuttle
Rocket player

What if I am

hmm i probably will
i've only ever owned android phones and would like to try something different

iPhones are perfect for poorfags. You will get updates for years and years so you don't have to worry about buying a new phone anytime soon.

Some sort of chinkphone, I dunno. I think Xiaomi makes cheap good phones? wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

Or an older but still perfectly serviceable phone like LG G2. Less than $200 on Swappa and the specs are fine.

Lol, did you think everyone was some tech nerd who creams themselves over the next OS update?

Most people just want to call, text and Internet

If you want to try it, then do it, I was an iOS user for a long time ago, and I just got tired. the last iPhone I had was the 5s.

Welp, now that the Note 7 is confirmed to have 4GB of RAM, which phone should I get?

s7 edge or s7?

Where is this confirmed?

Not him, and dont know about confirmed, but the Note 5 has 4 GB of RAM, so why wouldn't the 7?

New generations of phones typically have better specs than previously. The Note line also has historically featured better specs than the S line, and both S7 and S7E have 4gb of RAM.

I'm not saying that it definitely will have more, but it seems likely to.

Don't do it. Current owner and have had nothing but problems, especially with the antenna. Had to buy a phone for the wife cause hers shit hard and it's not under warranty. Faulty antenna.

Ohhh, my bad. Thought you were implying it would be less. Nevermind though. I agree

Oh, yeah, I can see the confusion then. It absolutely will not be less than 4gb - nobody would buy it! Frankly, I'd be surprised if they launch with only 4gb; they're one of the larger flash memory manufacturers on the planet, and even the SD820 can support 6gb. If they push for the SD821, they can cram up to 8gb in there!

Get the Axon 7 in US with 4 GB RAM/64 GB internal or hold out for the 6 GB RAM/128 GB whenever?

Who cares about the camera anyway? All phones these days are good enough for snapchat/instagram or whatever. Nobody is ever gonna look at your shitty photos that closely and if you really care about it you should use a DSLR

Either hold out or get the Zenfone 3. SD821 and 6GB is a siren call that you can't resist.

8 GB RAM in a phone

What an age to live in

What's a good replacement for a Nexus 6?

Just a few years ago my computer didn't even have 8GB RAM! It's ludicrous that this is even a possibility.

Zenfone 3 Deluxe.

GUYS FAST WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST SMARTPHONE I CAN GET WITH WHATSAPPS FUNCTIONALITY

I SUCK YOUR COCK

S7

Anyone know anything about the LG V10? From the specs it seems pretty good, and my upgrade is coming up soon.

Yes, it is for a teenager, you never was a teen?