creativebloq.com/3d/build-your-own-html5-3d-engine-7112935
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/HTML5_client
khronos.org/webgl/wiki/Getting_a_WebGL_Implementation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

C

Common LISP

nope.js

your favourite language

Visual basic can be a cumbersome pain sometimes.

*insert name here*.js

JavaScript

JS

COBOL < AHK < AU3 < Pascal < VBS < JS < ...

Swift

Pascal

Ruby

Java

Cache/MUMPS

Haskell is food for autists

>Javascript
>Worst
Wat

t. frontend webdev

English

imho there's no "worst programming language" at all

there are just programming languages we like and we easily use to get shit done, and programming language we don't like and we don't fucking know how to use them.

but this is all personal, I mean I hate fucking JS, but a whole bunch of lads loves it

who am I to tell they're wrong and I'm right?
and really, why should I care at all?

talk is cheap, show me the fucking code

smalltalk

Bash.
Seriously, what the fuck.

Yeah, Regex too

27 years old, still better than powershell

ActionScript

Fuck Flash

This. It's so bad that people have created a multitude of languages that basically translate down to C in order to avoid using C directly. Never understood the whole "C IS DA BEST" meme on Sup Forums. I blame Linus.

A programming language can be objective flawed by design, ergo a shitty language desu.
It's basically nonexistant by now. The languages that were flawed but popular got better over the years and the flawed and unpopular faded into obscurity.

Older than bernie.

Anything that isn't C

haskell
whoever thought it was a good idea to have "pureness"
also, fuck that foldl/foldr shit, its so confusing

anything that isn't malbolge

If user is a gay Apple
Then
I love shitty claps?

As a lover of functional languages, I have to agree. A programming language is supposed to be a tool to help you express yourself, not totally jack up the way you've programmed your whole life because "side effects are for amateurs" and "purity is best"

VBA

Haskell is disappointing in many ways, but not for those reasons.

Languages that aren't totally obsolete are just clusterfucks of bad design: PHP, Bash

ADA
It's $CURRENT_YEAR and it's both verbose as fuck and poorly documented.

python. dat semantically meaningful whitespace.

PHP can't even asynchronous, can't even get_array()[0]. Everything is fucking named inconsistently.

Haskell does indeed let you be more expressive because of purity

I hate haskell for actual reasons (like its shit performance and obfuscated nature as a result of being lazy) but folds are amazing. I use them all the time in lisp.

Just admit you're too dumb to understand a very simple concept and go back to C++

but all he does is run a YouTube shill channel, he never talks about programming

go back to Sup Forums faggot

I recently got a project where I should use javascript, and I am surprised it is this popular.

It reminds me of writing assembler, but with slightly better syntax.

why did it get so popular again?

He's talking about Linus Torvalds

I was just baiting with the folding stuff, but don't deny that in-purity /IO forces itself into purity all the time
thing is, a lot of books claim that having purity and non-purity makes the code compartmentalized and lets you keep purity untouched

Sayuringo

C.
Why would any one use c and not c++ or c# (c# is garbage )

js
vb
objective-c
java

if user partners with apple im going to slap the shit out of your face ?

if user is an Apple faggit, print "I lick shit hands"???

js is a real pain in the ass sometimes, but jQuery has some sexy AF UI functionality made easy.
I hate the lack of error reporting, but it is necessary for web dev.

VB is shit. I hate it. Syntax is fucking awful.

IDK obj-C

Java is fucking annoying, but it certainly has its uses, like fucking online games, lol. I'm still debating whether my game should be a Java webapp with almost no client-side downloading required (except the interface app if I make one)
or some 30-50GB C++ monster with epic graphics, but risk too many security holes in the multiplayer aspect. I don't want people 'modding' their way to success. Also, I don't necessarily wanna ass-blast their hard drive. I'd prefer the client-side to be light-w-eight

c
c++
every non-purely objective-oriented language
php

>VB is shit. I hate it. Syntax is fucking awful.
VBA is really handy to know if you use Excel or Access at work.

OP here

I've never had so many (you)'s before from a single post but

you should all be ashamed that you even replied to this thread

all languages are beautiful, all languages matter

Java is piss easy to mod.

Actionscript was complete ass and full of weird shit but the version 3 wasn't too bad.

True...
But VB itself is fucking terrible.
I hate Access... MySQL or Oracle is LEAGUES better..

Would it actually offer online players an ability to modify their skills inappropriately, though? I figure if I run the game from the browser, they can't really do much, because it'd just be loading the interface code. They can't actually change the algorithms used to process the, like attacks, items, and stuff.
Can they?
to be honest, this is more of a long-term goal. I plan to start learning either OpenGL or JOGL after I finish putting out a few more small--scale projects and updates (such as a website I'm working on atm)

I want to make sure the users can't somehow change exp gain algorithms that'd store in my server, but I also wanna make sure that (IF) I allow local storage of game data, it CANNOT affect online play unfairly.

What's wrong with JavaScript? I think it's the best programming language

Prolog.

Java become irrelevant for browser gaming since Flash added ActionScript support. Since Google and Apple have killed Flash, JavaScript is your only option. Also you can't trust anything the client sends to you. You need to duplicate the game logic on the server.

fucking keked

portugese

>Also you can't trust anything the client sends to you. You need to duplicate the game logic on the server.
Hmmm. Ok.
>Java become irrelevant for browser gaming since Flash added ActionScript support
IDK about that. I mean, RuneScape is still around. (IDK how... their community went to shit. And on checking, the last skill they made was in 2013. I quit in 2011)

Is JavaScript REALLY the best option for browser games now, though? Even MMO's? I want this to be an MMO.
If it is, what libraries should I know for it? And what backend would I use?
I know jQuery, and for backend, I know PHP and MySQL. (And I know Java, minus the graphics, except very very basic Swing)
Could learn Ruby/Rails, but I don't understand how you'd make an MMORPG in JS.

Regex is amazing, git gud

nvm, m8s! I just looked it up. Apparently RuneScape uses HTML5/JS now!

Found an article on it.

Anyone know some good libraries?

>but I don't understand how you'd make an MMORPG in JS.
The same way you'd do in any other language. HTML5 has the canvas API which supports WebGL.
Here are some demos: ibiblio.org/e-notes/webgl/webgl.htm
A payed library (free for experimenting): playcanvas.com/
A small guide for building a 3d engine creativebloq.com/3d/build-your-own-html5-3d-engine-7112935
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/HTML5_client
I think they started porting too soon. The tech was too slow then. They've moved to C++

Hmmm, if they moved away from that, does that just mean that their game was getting too powerful when the tech was still young? Like, it's more feasible now, right?

if user is an apple fag he eats shit from his hands

>People who hate HTML5 and JS
Feel free to kill your self at any time

Yeah, I think so. If I remember correctly only Chrome had some experimental support for 3d context then. Which means that Runescape had to use 2d context to draw 3d shapes. This means no hardware acceleration - everything runs on the CPU. Now the support looks pretty decent:
khronos.org/webgl/wiki/Getting_a_WebGL_Implementation

I want to fool a little bit around with ue4, I can barely programm c++, so is c++ enough for it?

Morse

Ah, I see.
Thanks.
I'll definitely start looking into it after I complete my current project.

Someone in /dpt/ also gave me a bunch of libraries to look into. I'll check those, too

Thanks a lot.

>Morse has saved more lives than any other language today
>Morse was the most widely used code in the world for more than 150 years
Yeah nah your a cunt

Both UE4 and Unity3D support HTML5, btw

Yes but what does that meme?

Node
PHP
C++
Perl5
Python
Ruby
Javascript and friends
Java
C#
COBOL
Pascal and friends
BASIC and friends
Swift
Obj-C

I'll look into that. I've never heard of UE4, but I know my computer can't run Unity. Though by the time I actually get into this project, I doubt I'll be using this computer.

It means you can export you project to WebGL and it will run in a browser.

Fucking Java.

Pascal is really shit

I think this guy got it.

Java is the biggest cancer

Why hasn't anybody mentioned perl yet?

Yeah, every single one of the languages I listed is like this.

php is the worst language python is preferred by the worst people

That would be a framework, not a language. Are you a "web artisan" by any chance?

>mfw C purists

PHP hands down.

I do consider C a superior language than all these, but it's not the only one. Did you notice how I did not mention even one ML or LISP based languages?

>PHP can't even asynchronous
what are pthreads
>can't even get_array()[0]
it can since 5.4 (nearly 5 years old now)
>Everything is fucking named inconsistently
I'll give you that.

I'm by no means a PHP advocate, but I'd take it over Python, Ruby or JS any day, mainly because of proper type hinting, proper encapsulation and no global interpreter lock.

>People shouldn't hate a VY Canis Majoris-sized ball of bubble gum and duct tape
>They should just accept the digital equivalent of a rube goldberg machine that makes a book usable as a TV
Yeah sorry no

PHP
C++
Haskell

Except javascript is a scripting language that's 20x faster than python. :^)

In fact, it's actually the fastest scripting language out there, not to mention the fact that it's really a functional language.

Coco

ROR

RPG

Look at the brain dead jap