Depends,google,maybe

yes
shell scripting
no

yes

Try different shit until you find a good language

yes

depends on how much time and effort and maybe some inherent abilities

pick a language, familiarize with syntax, algorithms and data structures, common patterns, etc

don't think so, unless you need to build mathematically intensive solutions

Not really hard
Python and ultra basic web stuff (HTML, CSS) to get encouraged, then C/C++ to learn more, then haskell for functional learning, then just mess around, get comfortable, and experiment with different languages to find ones that you like.
And no to math genius

If you find Sup Forums before you start programming, you'll unfortunately never become a good programmer.

1) from easyest to hardest topics in programming
Fweb dev -> Bweb dev. CS -> SE -> ES -> ML/NN (if you need any of the full names of these just ask)
2) ask yourself. what would be cool to have ?
say for instance a small gui that allows you to see random images on your pc.
from there deconstruct the program.
what does it need to do ?
well. it needs to know where to find my images.
okay. so how does it know what files are images ?
cool. how do i render them in ?
but i dont want them instantly.
how do i make a delay ?
like so. think of something you want and deconstruct it untill you brought it down to a level of code you can understand.
for the basics tho. look up some pdf's on the language u wanna lean. theres plenty of them out there.
if you dont know what language to pick. roll a random number and see pic related
3) for the normal-harder tier stuff : no
you only really need to be good at math if you want to do things such as making your own physics / 3d graphics. if thats what you want you might want to look into calculus III because you need to know how vectors work.

Oh boy one of these.

1. Nothing is hard if you enjoy doing it. There are hard problems to solve, there are easy problems to solve and everything in between. If you get satisfaction from creating something or solving a problem you will enjoy it.

2. Literally anywhere. Most programming concepts are transferable across languages and design patterns. Python or C# is usually a good stepping stone into either web or desktop niches.

3. No. I'm terrible at math. I use a calculator. I can't invert a matrix in my head. But I know the basics for what I need to do (linear algebra) and I can apply them. Google is pretty much your best friend.

I started programming and gave up on it maybe like 5 times when I was young but I wanted to make my own games. I experimented with Java, Blender, Python, C#, C++ for years before I got a grip. Set goals above what you can do and reach for them. Don't give up and after a lot of hard work, 10 years and a college degree (optional if you get really damn good at some startups) you can easily make six figures and have fun doing it.

Shell scripting isn't programming.

where that pic from, user?

Not OP but currently going to college for programming and getting an AAS along the way (I'm about halfway done).

I feel like I could probably learn any language and I know the basics of C#, HTML/CSS, PHP, and some database stuff like mySQL.

Are there any entry level jobs for someone like me? Or should I solely focus on learning more and do mindless shit until then?

Amazon internships have a fairly simple interview process that you could do with your skills.

Can confirm that this fucked over my motivation to program

/thread

>Amazon
lol

1. No, not at first, but then you get too hard stuff, but by then you're either better or a drop out.

2. Hello, World!

3 No, but it doesn't hurt. Often people will hire some one else to do the math/algorithms so they can just code it

So you want to learn programming?

Pick a starting language. For beginners, there are generally two recommended "programming families" that you can choose to start learning:
-Dynamically typed/interpreted programming languages, such as: Python, Perl, Ruby
-Statically typed/compiled programming languages, such as: C, C++, C#

These are amongst the most popular languages in use worldwide, including 4 from the top 5. Both approaches are perfectly fine, and well-documented.
-Dynamically typed programming may be a bit more flexible, convenient, and forgiving. It is more popular in academia.
-Statically typed programming is a bit more suited for making general applications. It is more popular in industries.

Cannot decide? Flip a coin.

If you choose statically typed/compiled programming, you may want to start with C, then pick up C++. C is very well documented, and teaches many universal programming concepts. C++ is based on C, and adds new concepts. Sources:
For C:
The C Programming Language (K&R)
C Primer Plus (Prata)
cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-tutorial.html
learn-c.org/

For C++:
learncpp.com/
cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
cprogramming.com/tutorial/c -tutorial.html
en.cppreference.com/
isocpp.org/faq

If you choose dynamically typed/interpreted programming, you may want to start with Python. It is very easy to pick up. Here are some good sources:
learnpython.org/
codecademy.com/en/tracks/python

>BUT I WANT MORE SOURCES!
Read: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources

>BUT I WANNA START WITH [language x] INSTEAD!
Sure, if you like. But the languages above are considered good for beginners.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE A COOL WEBSITE!
Learn HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE iPHONE GAMES!
Learn Objective C and/or Swift.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE ANDROID GAMES!
Learn Java.

>BUT I WANNA MAKE PC GAMES!
Learn patience.

im always want to ask this. im a noob programmer.

Is it possible to coded a library that work as fake GPU driver and put all GPU task to CPU and compatible to all API ever released.

Not really, the first one is honestly the worst because you have to get into the logic based mindset.

codecademy.com/

No? It really depends if you want to do some damn advanced stuff like deep learning or some shit like that then you will need the math but other than that no

da fuk you smoking willis?

what did mean im not native english speaker .

Learn by immersion you fuck boy, if you have to contemplate where to start then you are already too goal-oriented and normal to be gud at programming.
Programming is the art of Expertly Doing Shit Ass Backwards The Right Way™
If youre bedtime is sooner than 6:45AM then programming is not 4 u.

found it on Sup Forums a long time ago on a roll for challenge thread

>muh gotta be a math wizard to program meme

Computers are calculators, You dont need anything more than a basic understanding of math, and even then you will rarely run into math unless you are doing scientific shit or encryption.

roll