So I see you're running GNOME

You're going to have to wait a bit for the lag to clear before you get a reply.

My freshman cs professor who was chinese pronounced it "Guh-Nome" unironically. Confused me for a bit.

That's how it's pronounced.

Who would name a DE after a garden gnome?

Actually, it's MATE, pronounced like the drink, which is a fork of GNOME 2.

But I see why you might have been confused.

gnome fag here. running ubuntu as well. just fucking kill me right.

That scene was really cringy. Who the fuck would ever say something like that?

They could have just had him ask what DE it was and say he used stock KDE even though it was hideous or something.

That shit was borderline "GUI in Visual Basic"

The show is pretty good though.

Here's a better pic for future shitposting btw

>American television

>Chinese cartoons

>Polish shitposters

>Who the fuck would ever say something like that?
Every non-NEET Linuxfag in the world. I've had this asked to me IRL before.

I prefer nonsensical dialogue in a Far East language than awkward lines that no one would ever say in real life that are obviously meant to elicit a "LOOK LOOK HE DID A REFERENCE!!!" from the viewer. God, I hate Burgers for going up to you and asking about meaningless shit.

>it's a little user doesn't know anyone else running linux

seek a lug, or at least a linux expo you can attend. really enlightening to be a part of the community.

I dunno I could see a conversation like that, but maybe ten years ago. The only part that was off was KDE and Gnome instead of i3+gaps/Awesome WM

fun show. i got a kick out of seeing MC scrounge through his vomit for the adderall pills in the latest episode.

Maybe if you actually knew the far east language your so obsessed with, you would realize it's just as bad just as often.

newfag normie

not getting whats wrong with that scene

nice fucking post you motherfucking fucker

>GNOME

You're a big guy

For me.

Bonsoir Elliot.
Can't talk about it on the phone...

This is Cinnamon, you fucking idiot.

This show got way better in season 2

Xfce on my box is laggier than gnomeshell

worse*

then you're doing it wrong

Literally the cringiest scene in the entire series. No real life Linux users do this, this shit only happens on Sup Forums or among college freshmen trying out Linux for the first time

I'm watching the show right now :3

>butthurt weeb
>"but m-muh cartoons..."

I'm more of a KDE guy myself

Kali linux is only used by drug dealing negroes trying to topple the economy?

He might be the worst character in the show. All of his dialogue is supreme gentle sir tier bullshit. Verbose faggot.

He's likely a meta character of Elliot. Mr.Robot was the one cock blocking Elliot from confronting him. There is a struggle in Elliot's head.

Angela is the puzzling one.

Literally every character and every line of dialogue in this show is written terribly. I mean "Teach yourself screenwriting in 21 days" amateur level bad. Cringe-inducing, forced tech references are the least of its problems.

Elliot was banging Joanna then??

What about rain?

nice quality fuccboi

got a problem with that?

>that rant about religion

the only thing that saved this episode was the socially awkward geeky gamer ginger fbi agent

>HEVC
transcodes 4 lyfe aight

As edgy as the rant was, he was completely right.

I agree with you.

lmfao

>this reifag can't even tell gnome from i3
lost

>i have a cold
>please stick a leek in my ass

:^) hot ideas for when i visit my bf

So I see you are a hollywood cuck

I didnt know ozil was into gnu/linux

him and elliot definetly buttfucked, right?
i mean, "the night we were gods" and shit like that c'mon tyrell

10/10; fuckin saved

Took me a second to get the joke. When I did, I must admit, I had myself a good chortle. I typically don't find 'internet humor' especially amusing or relatable, in fact it took me years to figure out what an 'youtube' was. Nonetheless, in today's bitter political climate, I find solace in a little bit of an injection of humor into this crazy world. Anyways, good job, hope to see more of this in the future.

Everyone knows real hackers and kernel developers spend 90% of their time ricing minimalistic window managers, custom browser home pages and Anime wallpapers

this, I spend all my time custimizing my xmonad and trying to learn about fonts so I can make them super sharp and nice
but im still waiting to become a developer

You're bound for success my friend

To customize Xmonad you need to learn, at least superficially, one of the most difficult programming languages out there.
Why not doing the big step and trying to learn it completely? It'll take you a couple of months tho.

What? Are you saying he works at both companies? Or that he only imagined working at the other? Doesn't really make sense.

kys butthurt weeb

define "completely"
I already learned up to monads
and have made some useful shitty programs
after that is learning libraries, which I never learned how to, considering that those libraries are over 5K LOC

at leas xmonad is just 1K

Completely = knowing how to use every single feature present in a language. And, since you're already at the monads, you're doing pretty well.
How does xmonad compare to, say, i3? Never tried it before

never tried i3 enough to know much
i3 is pretty easy at first, enough for most, but not for me
I don't like how it has stausbars at default though
also, at least xmonad forces you to understand haskell to some degree

>not a sombrero

>cant tell gnome from i3
What did he mean by this?

he cannot tell the diffrence betweena sombrero and a intel processor

Im actually more of a KDE guy myself, until they went bankrupt and got BTFOd so hard that I switched to gnome masterrace as well.

Praying for a Elliot Joanna sex scene now.

Should learn haskell anyways, because of my job; so, probably, will try xmonad in a VM. A shame though - I hate setting up an entire VM for so little.
Weren't there some application that allowed yourself to open another X11 session in a sandbox window, so you could fuck graphical shit up without much consequences? I remember it because some WM author wrote about it in their documentation in the section "how to configure your WM"...

Yeah what of it?

>proprietary software cuck detected

Gnome and i3 are two very different UI sets for desktop.

Gnome is the more typical style which uses a lot of resources to try and make the UI intuitive and easy for anyone to use. And some version of it is also the default in many Linux distros.

i3 is not as easy to use starting out, but it uses much less resources and can be optimized for an individuals work to a staggering level as it gives them more control with less features.

If you look at them they often look very different.

If a person is knowledgeable enough to even know what Gnome is, as many don't even know that much. Then they should also know i3 is not Gnome.
Thus it takes a special kind of fool to make such a mistake.

yeah, I hate that haskell's runtime is 1 gig, but I like haskell and I use xmonad so....
anyways, what kind of job requires haskell
I thought haskell was a meme that only autists and neets use

why isn't the asuka fag dialog in rei blue instead of asuka red?

>u just use i3 on stock with like 4 program hotkeys

i just cannot into ricing...
I dont even know what conky is for..

Sure am

Well, I'm not working with haskell, but clojure; but knowing a tad more about functional programming should only improve my skills, so why not? Also, there's scala, which borrows a lot of concepts taken from ML and Haskell and is being used in industry more and more.
Functional concepts are becoming always more popular. Probably will become the next technological fad, after AI, Aspect Oriented Programming, OOP and Java.
Anyways, how's haskell's runtime 1gig? I believed that haskell compiled shit to raw binary, and though did not need runtimes of any kind...

Often the point is not 'ricing' as in 'making your desktop look """"good"""" and different' but as in 'making it usable with only keyboard shortcuts and freeing the user from the tedious task of window managing by authomatizing it'.
i3 is born exactly for that. It doesn't even include gaps by default, just to put in evidence the fact that it is made not for the good looks, but to be useful and to fullfill a task.

I can remember trying out gnome 3.0 when it came out.
Looked promising.
Gnome must be absolute crap by now.
>gnome devs

It's a perfectly normal scene for real Linux users. He was just trying to say something that indicated he knew what's up without sounding like a giant OS-fanboi autist. No hacker wants to give away just how much they know, but many love to hint at it.

I question whether the scene really happened like that, as most scenes are seen through elliot's psychotic, and often intoxicated, view of reality. Any scene that says "Evil Corp" anywhere in stead of "E Corp" is a dead giveaway that it's seen through Elliot's mind, not a bystander's eyes.

Well memed, sir

the ghc system is about 1 gig
and yes, it does compile to binary, certainly faster python and many interpreted languages and oop languages
but I gotta tell you, binaries are yuuge, and I mean from 1mb and up
srs, hello world is about 1.13mb in binary form

I also think that fp will become a fad in the future
but I don't think haskell will be the vessel
it'll probably be some fp lang with no purity concept
yes, invest in haskell in order to learn what fp is about, but don't use it too much

Currently, lisp is my favourite. But I must acknowledge that anything that needs performance has to be written in a language that, maybe, at a cost of sacrificing high-level features produces fast binaries.
What do you think could become the most popular functional language?
IMHO, something like scala, because it offers a "comfy" way to escape to OOP. Or anything along the lines of javascript but with more functional features that compiles to it.

It's Cinnamon, faggot.

What's that guy's name again? Tyrone? Tyrrell? Whatever it was, it really bothered me because it doesn't sound like a good name for someone like him.

But I'm running Fvwm; GNOME looks nothing like it.

cement smoothie. mmmmmm

it's sooooo nice to hear your voice

>tfw love both GNOME and KDE

I see you use KDE and fuck dudes in the ass.

'le ebin autistic hackerman show meme

xDDDDDDDDDD

I'm really enjoying this series and I'm not someone that's into watching tv series.

I agree, definitely some normie languages like that.
In fact, since more modern languages like c++ and java are adopting fp features, I don't think it will be a new new language, but instead an old one such as java or python that gradually adopts

anyways, how's lisp, I've wanted to try it for a while
which do you reccommend, common, scheme, or should I go straight to clojure?
I've heard about racket, but maybe thats for advanced lisp users

that actor is a coptic egyptian aka muzzies hate him for existing.

This.

Shit's borderline NCIS cringe tier.

If you watch this show unironically please don't post here anymore.

>"I'm spewing bullshit about things I know nothing about for the sole reason of being contrarian" the post

to be fair its usually the firth conversation two linux users have...

fuck the gaps

cringe.

Nautilus sucks balls