Reminder that fermi and kepler are still receiving driver updates and AMD has completely forgotten that the HD5000...

Reminder that fermi and kepler are still receiving driver updates and AMD has completely forgotten that the HD5000, HD6000, and half the HD7000 series even exist anymore.

"valued customers" my ass.

>final driver is a beta

lol

As a HD6870 owner this pissed me off so much.

Ended up upgrading to a windforce 970 that was my sale(open box), almost as cheap as a 960/380, and holy shit it's like I've been blind these last 4 years. Shadowplay is fucking amazing, and nvidia control panel works so much better than that piece of shit catalyst from AMD.

>half the HD7000 series
You mean the half that was re-branded?

>rebrandeon rebranding
Wow, nobody expected this shit!

>rebranding
Oh yeah, r5 230 isn't supported anymore either, Good point.

Oh, and if you do update to this wonderful new beta driver, Radeon Crimson constantly bugs you to update to the later driver that doesn't support your forgotten card. If you elect to upgrade, nothing happens. Still get a reminder to upgrade every boot though!

>5770 owner

Fucking this.

And no new crossfire profiles!

I could still be playing newer games if I had gotten a pair of 570s instead of the 5870s on sale.

The least they could do is update crossfire profiles, if nothing else.

>valued customers
Not feeling very valued 2bh, more like I'm being forced to upgrade

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>fermi and kepler are still receiving driver updates
>fermi
Nope. They do get driver updates, but it's only bug fixes that generally affect all supported cards, no more optimizations and stuff.
Also, nvidia won't provide Vulkan support for Fermi cards, even when the hardware is capable (there are slides from nvidia that confirm this). So what's the point of getting driver updates if all the new stuff only affects newer cards?

Oh and you can't use it for a steam machine because you'll get glitchy graphics in unoptimised titles like magicka 2 or extremely sub par performance in mostly cpu intensive titles like planetary annihilation!

Fucking hell AMD

Shh, let the Nvidiakiddies think they're getting updates with their 350mb of bloat.

gtx680 user here, I'm pretty satisfied with my card, still getting updates regardless what you want to believe

900 series is on legacy support now senpai
Nvidia promised support for DX12 on Fermi, it won't ever happen though
Fermi would had gotten a massive uplift from DX12

I was using shadowplay today to record some gameplay and I forgot how good it was.

680 is a bit newer than what OP is talking about and it has a 770 as a rebrand that helps.

>fermi would have gotten a massive uplift
Yeah, like maxwell did, amirite?

Fermi was pretty compute centered, it would had been a great arch if it wasn't so ambitious and premature

My girlfriend says I'm premature

m8 i just saw even my ancient gtx 260 still got drivers update even for w10, a friend that got a 4870 was bitching because they dropped the support of it on 8.1, he even had to use the 8.1 drivers in compatibility mode on w10 (just test, we both go back to w7 as both cards are DX10/10.1, no real gain from telemetry10)

My 560 ti is acting up today for the first time ever because of the 353.62 drives so fuck off nvidia just wants me to buy a 1080

Still a full year newer than a 4870 user

And? They're both dx10 cards, not even dx11.
At least the 260 works on w10.

Butthurt AMDumb customer detected

What makes you think new Nvidia drivers change anything for older cards?
I have a GTX 760, from the moment the 9xx came out nvidia only focused on that, now even the 9xx is legacy.

So you're saying kepler isn't getting any improvements in newer games?

Game profiles are universal and applied across all supported cards.

Just start using mesa instead of those god awfull proprietary drivers and have your card supported forever.

So then what's the problem? Those profiles are even being applied to fermi then since they're still getting updates.