Tech Support Stories

>be me
>mandatory civil service because fuck joining the military
>work in hospital, IT department
>dudes there are pretty chill
>work os easy, just changing monitors now and then, installing keyboards, resetting passwords, etc.
>one day, female doc from neurosurgery station calls
>"I can't log into my account"
>think it's gonna be an easy job
>ask for her ID and reset her password remotely
>"It still doesn't work"
>confirm all info again, reset password again
>nope.jpg
>fuck it, we're doing it live!
>go through entire hospital to her office
>office is behind sterile area, so I gotta change, get in sterile clothes, the full procedure
>finally find the room
>see her browsing the internet
>wtf
>"Oh hello, good that you're here now!"
>shows me Amazon login page
>she tried logging in with her hospital ID
>WTF.PNG
>on the surface I look calm and ready to explain to her that Amazon and our hospital login are two completely different services
>she acts surprized, genuinely
>she thought Amazon, GMail, Wikipedia and the likes were hosted by the hospital
>she is a damn neurosurgeron

How comes people who don't understand that the internet exists are allowed to cut around in people's brains?

>because fuck joining the military
pussy

Maybe because she read a lot of books on her area of expertese instead of masturbating to hentai and shitposting on dead boards

Don't care. I'd rather hang out with some chill dudes, listen to Tool all day and play Wario Land 3 than having some dickwart scream at me at 2 in the morning

I don't know or care to know how to change my timing belt, why the fuck does everyone have to know everything?

Bait thread.

But yeah, becoming a neurosurgeon takes so much time and effort she probably hasn't seen much outside of her office doors or an operating room since the internet became commonplace.

Even of you read books on neurosurgery techniques, common sense should tell you that a hospital is unlikely to host the world's largest encyclopedia, ths most popular email service and an online shop where you can buy cosplay costumes, tents, Laptops and a 5 liter barrel of an lube

doctors are usually always tech retarded.

Bunch of fucking assholes too. comparable with lawyers.

And so fucking condescending too. I mean, I get that studying medicine is difficult as fuck, but that's no reason to act likw an asshole towards everyone else

A doctor is a doctor. Outside of medicine, their knowledge is the same as everyone else. I do not expect neurosurgeons to be able to add more RAM to their PC, either.

Also:
>be me
>not be someone else
>be perusing 4channel /jea/ while being me
>let people know that I am being me, not someone else

I'm not expecting them to be able to add RAM to a machine. I'm expecting them to have a very basic grasp on what the internet is, and that login to your work account through Windows is something else than your Amazon account.

ITT: OP realizes not everyone sits on their ass everyday jerking it to anime on their computer.

Get outside you sperg

>How comes people who don't understand that the internet exists are allowed to cut around in people's brains?
Well, OP, how are you at neurosurgery?
Different people specialize.
That's what makes our societies so flexible.

I find this with american/european doctors the most. Overpaid cunts with ego problems, aren't worth a shit. Some the asian doctors I've worked with are awesome, humble, and down to earth

>
>Don't care. I'd rather hang out with some chill dudes, listen to Tool all day and play Wario Land 3 than having some dickwart scream at me at 2 in the morning
This. The military, so 80's

>mandatory civil service because fuck joining the military
You mean military training? You make it sound like your country drafts you to fight muslims

>inb4 OP is from Israel

Someone can be the best neurosuregon to be ever live, but be dumb as shit at everything else. See it all the time.

Congrats on learning that trivial computer knowledge and genuine specialized skills are not one in the same, or even comparable in intellectual rigor.

Maybe now you will stop feeling smug for knowing how to snap RAM and graphics cards into their designated lego slots.

I'll offer the really obvious answer here. It's a woman. They are not very good at critical thought, or thought at all. They have everything laid out for them, they learn a few neurosurgery procedures and try to fuck their way to an early retirement.

>woman
>surgeon
That's the real problem here.

That only happens for a few weeks in basic training. Benefits and job security is worth it, if you join the right branch and don't sign anything unless you're guaranteed a job you actually want. Source: I'm active duty Air Force and browse Sup Forums all day because I knew not to become a fake cop or aircraft mechanic.

This