This is my Netflix/NOW TV machine

This is my Netflix/NOW TV machine.
Post yours.

This and my phone

I got an apple tv recently for $20 but most of the time I use my ps3

huh, sorry guys, i bought a xbox360 from a friend and barely got know it, can I use it too as htpc ?

otherwise I use a 10m hdmi cable from china + thinkpad

>using consoles are HTPC

literally the noisiest boxes out there.

This. Just buy a cheap laptop and a HDMI cable.

My ps4 doesn't make any noise

Meh, anything under 1GHz won't do

Get this shit out of Sup Forums

65" 4K tv with built in wifi and apps
no noise whatsoever, easier UI, less power draw
ability to jump across apps without losing spot
remote with dedicated youtube, netflix, vudu and amazon video buttons

10/10 best way to media binge

USB c HDMI output

>TiVo
Damn that takes me back

How does it compare to a Amazon TV or whatever

The Xbox One S is one hell of an inexpensive UHD player. 299 for UHD Blu-ray (in b4 buying movies) and 4k netflix.

Too bad Microsoft didn't mention native HEVC playback from USB/HDD yet.

Xbox 360

>having the botnet on his TV

top kek

My PC is connected to my TV.
I just switch to it with a simple script and use a wireless keyboard with a touchpad to navigate.
Everything else feels limited in one way or another.

Currently using a PS4, after a new TV though, if that has Netflix built in i'll probably be using that instead.

>tfw 65" sony bravia smart tv
>tfw turn on wifi on it
>tv is part of a botnet
>sends all my data back to google and sony
>expensive ass tv and the smart features still leave something to be desired

How come you can't find big decent new dumb TVs anymore? I don't need my TV to have android and TELEMETRY

Not needing to plug anything in to watch 4k netflix is cool and all but I feel like there's more chance of things breaking >implying I need some badly heatsinked shit tier CPU struggling to make sure the content is ran smoothly burning out the back of my tv

Can anyone recommend a WD TV box

Also used for Plex

Every dumb TV i've looked at has hardly any HDMI ports, they look ugly with glossy ass plastic.

The panels occasionally look OK, just everything else is awful.

Honestly leaning towards a Panasonic, simply because Firefox OS is theoretically more open and less of a botnet.

>WD
no

>That feelio when Ethernet only
I want to die.

Looking at a Synology solution for myself. Get something with 2 GB of RAM or more and stream/transcode shit on the fly to whatever device.

I'm getting it for Docker support, video surveillance and Plex. These things are advanced and relatively cheap for what you get in terms of software. Hardware could be less expensive - building a NAS yourself is at least a 100 bucks cheaper.

Currently looking at the DS916+ (8GB RAM).

>tfw comfy OpenELEC HTPC plus dedicated NAS

Normies will never now this feel

We love WD on Sup Forums

Are you using a raspi that can't play 4k and can't play HEVC?

WD is low quality shit get out shill

No, I use a low power APU that can play chinese cartoons in 10-bit color but can't do modern video james

Main desktop is for that anyway.

Make specific details

A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such an affront to freedom that I could not be party to its use under any circumstances whatsoever.

-_-

I have a 2015 Bone and it makes no noise at all, not even with my ear attached to it.
Some of you are full of shit.

t.Rasheed Microsoft VP

>buy raspberry pi
>install kodi
>stream everything for free without Netflix

This.

The worst... And the best!

Don't underestimate kabini. Depends on how cpu intensive it is,and if you overclock it. Unless you're using something less than the 5350. Any dgpu at all?

>buy PS4
>we'll game together the wife and I!
>end up just using it for Netflix because there's no games for PS4 that are good coop
>oh well better than the shitty TV Netflix app
>mfw $500 Netflix machine

My TV was replaced with a Smart TV through warranty after destroying it trying to mod an original XBOX that I left plugged in for some reason (funny how stupidity is so often rewarded.) The UI is a tad laggy, but playback works fine so woo for me.

>he thought he'd get same tv co op from a current gen console

That died last gen pretty much.

Consoles died for me along with it. What's the point in a console if it's acting like a stripped down gaming comp? A big part of the appeal of consoles was that you could play together without needing an internet connection etc. wasn't it?

Funny how after BackBlaze has removed most (if not all) of the shucked external drives, that the Seagate drives have half the failure rate that WD has..... (Which are all retail/oem drives, not externals).

Also, HGST is a division of WDC for a while now.

How did you destroy it by leaving an original xbox plugged in?

It had more to do with them phasing out the 3gb drives. Those particular drives had an absurd failure rate, but even if you look at their full spreadsheet. Those drives were lasting over a thousand hours of non stop continuous use. Something the majority of users would never put them through. I still buy wd blue because maxter fanboy.

I have a PS4 and it really only gets used for PLEX, Blu-Rays & DVDs, Netflix, and other streaming sites.

Roku, PS4, Chromecast, and occasionally Xbone

My WiiU does my Netflix. My SP3 connected to my tv does everything else I need

>yet

lol

The UHD Blu-ray spec enforces HEVC Main10, if Microsoft isn't going to support it in their media player then they're willingly not providing support.

Fuck them if that's going to be the case.

Holy fuck Sup Forums actually uses... Consoles? I never knew.

I've been shilling the Xbox One S in this thread because it's a very inexpensive 4k UHD Blu-ray player with HEVC support. There's nothing like it at the moment for its price.

Same but Netflix/Plex

My ps4 is on the left.

Also have one of this.
The version which still has Netflix (they removed the Netflix client from 2013 onward)
Netflix it's OK but won't recommend it for anything else.
Can navigate NFS/SMB shares, but the UI is SLOW.
Can receive DLNA streaming but the UI is atrocious when you have a considerable amount of data

this is my openelec machine, converted from old laptop

did some improvements